SG Talk

Full Version: I went to eat CKT at Chinatown....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: NE0eUBy.jpg]

$4 for the plate. Compared with the one I had at Malacca and Penang for RM$6...its more than double the price and only 80% the taste.
must be small , eat like roughly 5 mouth finish...
Freaking expensive....cost actually damn low.
Look super salty! Yucks!
(11-03-2023, 02:36 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]must be small , eat like roughly 5 mouth finish...

5 mouths eat finish?? You must have very large mouth. ... Big Grin
Problem is you dun want to live in penang or malaca
(11-03-2023, 02:39 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]Look super salty! Yucks!

你眼睛会吃冰淇淋吗? Salty also you can tell with your eyes? Omg
(11-03-2023, 02:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: NE0eUBy.jpg]

$4 for the plate. Compared with the one I had at Malacca and Penang for RM$6...its more than double the price and only 80% the taste.

good
let's celebrate like this

[Image: kgeocqt.gif]
(11-03-2023, 03:20 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]5 mouths eat finish?? You must have very large mouth. ... Big Grin

See the portion so small, must be SG Butt order small one.
Looks familiar? He bought from me? Thinking
(11-03-2023, 02:30 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: NE0eUBy.jpg]

Looks delicious to  me, and also with the current prices, it is considered cheap.................... Big Grin
(11-03-2023, 03:36 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]See the portion so small, must be SG Butt order small one.
Many CKT stalls dun sell at $4 nowadays. Smallest portion is $5 liao. ..... Big Grin
Msian CKT are cooked differently and taste different from Spore CKT.
(11-03-2023, 04:16 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Many CKT stalls dun sell at $4 nowadays. Smallest portion is $5 liao. ..... Big Grin

At Clementi HC, CKT can be brought at $3.50 for  a small plate, can use CDC vouchers too................ Big Grin
(11-03-2023, 03:30 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ] 你眼睛会吃冰淇淋吗? Salty also you can tell with your eyes? Omg
Must be an invisible man.
Penang ckt taste different theirs more salty version and who say cheap? Theirs default portion is small. I prefer Spore version which has a bit of sweetness I prefer sweet over salty that is why I lost my molar tooth age 50.

Also Msia food you eat more the sai smell different from Spore food you eat. I know as CNY always stay a few days in Msia spouse parent house. Spore high diabetes ppl they also have their own eat so salty boh taichi cannot be.
(11-03-2023, 04:21 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Msian CKT are cooked differently and taste different from Spore CKT.

In what way are they cooked differently.......................? Thinking
(11-03-2023, 04:49 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]In what way are they cooked differently.......................? Thinking

Hard to describe but once you eat you know the diff. Msian version salty while Spore version has some sweetness in it. Msian ppl come Spore eat ckt cannot get it same a I go inside eat their ckt cannot get it. A culture thing I guess.
(11-03-2023, 04:56 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Hard to describe but once you eat you know the diff. Msian version salty while Spore version has some sweetness in it. Msian ppl come Spore eat ckt cannot get it same a I go inside eat their ckt cannot get it. A culture thing I guess.

Thank you for the explanation.................... Big Grin
(11-03-2023, 04:16 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Many CKT stalls dun sell at $4 nowadays. Smallest portion is $5 liao. ..... Big Grin

still got rah , but is most never put my fav " Hum "
(11-03-2023, 04:58 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the explanation.................... Big Grin

Indon also have their ckt version as got Chinese there live. Theirs a bit special also a bit different from Spore and Msia version. There all Chinese single name so funny. But their food also more sweet I think as their bandung wa cow sugar is free is it? I like sweet theirs so sweet how the ppl there get used ?
(11-03-2023, 05:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]still got rah , but is most never put my fav " Hum "

CKT stall at Clementi sells a small portion at $3.50, but with hum will cost $4.50............... Big Grin
(11-03-2023, 03:30 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ] 你眼睛会吃冰淇淋吗? Salty also you can tell with your eyes? Omg

Don't believe ask ah butt confirm.
I prefer the whiter version of CKT served in Penang. Never like sweet stuff too much especially in savoury dishes like CKT.
(11-03-2023, 05:20 PM)aiptasia Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the whiter version of CKT served in Penang. Never like sweet stuff too much especially in savoury dishes like CKT.

I guess you like salty dish more. You got wonder eat too much salty and too much sweetness food the sai come out different smell? Salty color very dark color sai.
(11-03-2023, 05:20 PM)aiptasia Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the whiter version of CKT served in Penang. Never like sweet stuff too much especially in savoury dishes like CKT.

There is a stall in Albert street hawker center, where they sell the Penang version of CKT........................... Big Grin
Taiwanese CKT

[Image: 6-A9-E7-E9-C-A4-F4-4069-8-C5-C-D2246-CE2685-B.jpg]
Msian CKT

[Image: FFDAB741-A879-49-A8-9-EF6-5335-E066-D385.webp]

[Image: 567-E8-EF4-F067-4-D96-95-FA-6131712-B4241.webp]
(11-03-2023, 05:25 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]There is a stall in Albert street hawker center, where they sell the Penang version of CKT........................... Big Grin

There's several but none can can come close Penang ones
The only cky worth eating is the teochew ahpek stall at telok blangah crescent Big Grin