SG Talk

Full Version: Should You Remove The Wax Coating On Apples Before You Take A Bite?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should You Remove The Wax Coating On Apples Before You Take A Bite?

Read More: https://www.thedailymeal.com/1231103/sho...ke-a-bite/
Muslims have no problem, they remove the skin
(21-03-2023, 09:32 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Muslims have no problem, they remove the skin

But the apple skin is where the nutrients are .......................... Big Grin
Din eat apples, strawberries, spinach, grapes and celery for decades already
(21-03-2023, 09:43 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]But the apple skin is where the nutrients are .......................... Big Grin

pull back the skin more sensational 
i mean remove
Best not to consume the waxed skins.
(21-03-2023, 10:12 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Best not to consume the waxed skins.

But in the narrative, it is said   that there is no harm in eating the wax covering the apple...................... Big Grin
(21-03-2023, 09:43 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]But the apple skin is where the nutrients are .......................... Big Grin
You hv to remove the Apple skin. It is not healthy to eat the skin becos wax is toxic.
(21-03-2023, 10:18 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]But in the narrative, it is said   that there is no harm in eating the wax covering the apple...................... Big Grin

Entirely up to you.
No wonder snow white jiak liao hibernated  Big Grin
I seldom eat apple but most of my time eating orange and banana.  Rotfl

Should say waxed skin contains both nutrients and toxin.  

I regard wax as a toxin.  

jiak liewlian no such probloem.
The wax is safe. Pesticides are very low levels probably very low risk.

You are better off cutting out sugar from your diet. The negative effects of sugar including as a cause of cancer is proven.

This wax thing is kore people spreading baseless fears
Use 苦茶粉 to soak and wash the apples, grapes or blueberries.