SG Talk

Full Version: Shaw Theatres Balestier to open on Mar. 30, 850 pairs of movie tickets up for grabs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shaw Theatres Balestier will be giving out a total of 850 pairs of free movie tickets from Mar. 27 to 29 before its official opening on Mar. 30.

Movie titles include "DC League of Superpets", "Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder", "Bullet Train", "Lyle Lyle Crocodile", "Elvis", "Ticket to Paradise", "Disney’s Encanto", "Smile", "The Bad Guys", "The King’s Man", "Kisaragi Station", and "Wolf Pack".

Here's how you can get your free movie tickets.

Mar.27-28:

Giveaway of 350 pairs of movie tickets for the first 350 patrons each day.

Queue starts at 10am at box office.

Each patron is entitled to only one pair of free movie tickets.

Promotion valid only for movie screenings on the same day from 11am to 830pm in all theatres except for Dreamers.

Mar. 29:

Giveaway of 150 pairs of movie tickets.
Queue starts at 10am at box office.

Each patron is entitled to only one pair of free movie tickets.

Promotion valid only for movie screenings on the same day from 11am to 3pm in all theatres except for Dreamers.

Terms and conditions apply.

Promotional ticket prices, free regular combo, and good package deals from Mar. 30

Shaw Theatres Balestier will also be having an opening promotion from Mar. 30:

Free regular combo for first 200 redemptions each day from Mar. 30 to Apr. 9 with every ticket purchased at Shaw Theatres Balestier box office.

S$5 off Lumiere movie screenings at Shaw Theatres Balestier from Mar. 30 to Sep. 30. Every Lumiere ticket purchased also comes with a complimentary S$5 MovieBites credits which can be used to offset concessionaire purchases on the same day.

Shaw Theatres Balestier Lumiere Super Launch Package at S$14.50 (usual price up to S$37.50).

Package includes one Lumiere 2D ticket and one special combo consisting of a regular popcorn (sweet/salted), a regular chicken bites and a regular soft drink.

Limited to 1,000 packages. Available from Apr. 10 to May. 3 at Shaw Theatres Balestier box office counters only.

Terms and conditions apply.
Many will turn up and queue ...not much chance of getting.
(25-03-2023, 05:12 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Many will turn up and queue ...not much chance of getting.

Don't have the Show title " Fire Dragon " or something like this ?... SAFRA member card can have also good discount ?
(25-03-2023, 05:28 AM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't have the Show title " Fire Dragon " or something like this ?... SAFRA member card can have also good discount ?

I am very selective when it comes to movies.
It is because I remember stories ..and hate it when I watch a movie and in 15 min can see how the whole story unfold.
still got ppl going to theatre ?
(25-03-2023, 07:30 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]still got ppl going to theatre ?

Very few, at some  cinemas there are only 3 to 4 persons in the theater..................... Big Grin
(25-03-2023, 12:43 AM)Reddishday Wrote: [ -> ]Movie titles include "DC League of Superpets", "Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder", "Bullet Train", "Lyle Lyle Crocodile", "Elvis", "Ticket to Paradise", "Disney’s Encanto", "Smile", "The Bad Guys", "The King’s Man", "Kisaragi Station", and "Wolf Pack".

DC League of Superpets is quite funny. Animation though.

Thor: Love and Thunder is yucky. The only good part is Bao, the god of dumplings (stupid as Bao is not a dumpling)

Bullet Train is watchable. Reminds me of Pulp Fiction with a snazzier palette. Got a few cameos.

Encanto is watchable.  However, it is the worst animation I have seen last year even though it is above average. Not sure why it won an Oscar for Best Animation Feature. Other animations I watched last year are: 
  • 雄狮少年 (best animation I have seen last year) 
  • Wish Dragon
  • Turning Red
  • Ralph Breaks the Internet  (second best animation seen last year)
  • DC League of Superpets
  • Raya and the Last Dragon
  • Abominable

Other films are still in queue.