SG Talk

Full Version: How illegal is Maid Agency in SG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My own neighbour has a Myanmar maid and after 2 years contract, she wanted to leave

So, the Agency arranged for her to be sent to Malaysia

And told my neighbour to apply Work Permit for her to go Malaysia

HUH?!@
My tua- gor's maid also cheated when she was not trained to be a maid

but agency allow her to work in SG

MOM never blacklist them?
(28-03-2023, 08:02 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]My tua- gor's maid also cheated when she was not trained to be a maid

but agency allow her to work in SG

MOM never blacklist them?

It is very difficult to find a maid which is honest.  Many will just say that they have experience in working as a maid but in reality has not.  It should be the responsibility of the maid Agency to verify the qualifications and experience of the maid...... Big Grin
MOM never fine nor jail those agencies

Some maids even said in group chat they

are not the age that is stated in the passport
There are so many openly posting for part time maid in FB maid transfer group. I believe that means full time maid working in other household but get paid. Maybe their employers may know also. I never heard of MOM catching any of them.
(02-04-2023, 07:54 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]There are so many openly posting for part time maid in FB maid transfer group. I believe that means full time maid working in other household but get paid. Maybe their employers may know also. I never heard of MOM catching any of them.

MOM needs to be more vigilant................................. Big Grin
I also think it is wrong of MOM to allow untrained maid to come to Singapore

so that we train them for 6 mths ( full-time) or 12 mths (if employer is working)

Is it illegal to just smuggle maids to SG like that?