SG Talk

Full Version: Still counting- Top 30 Unwanted Lousy Jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1)  PAP always say FTs create good jobs. If so, why cannot fill the Security Officer jobs for the past 10 YEARS? 

At the end, the old men have to work overtime 20 hours or 12 hours a day while Companies are fined by MOM under the law. 

Even Jac Lau also scorn at such jobs created by his earthly masters. 

Is it really due to shift work that pays more that people dislike? 

[Image: SO-job-ad-1.png]
2) Then Kitchen crew? No shift work so the pay is lower, too.

Does FTs really create good jobs that can pay well like Ramesh?

[Image: Kichen-Crew-1.png]
3) Or PAP just WAYANG to act kind they are creating all rubbish jobs by tightening the Work Permits of FWs that pays $1200 / mth?

So instead of upgrading, PAP wants us to DOWNgrade.

[Image: CCS-Manufacuring-jobs-as-FWs-reduced-Jan-20.png]
4) Cleaners?

Who said the pay depends on Demand and Supply?

We have excess PAP Ministers for a tiny country and during recession, they do not have pay reduction either.

[Image: Cleaners-3.png]
5) Admin Assistants

40k public Dip & Degree holders + 15k from overseas + 5k from 4th Tier like Kaplan/ SIM + 400k FTs ( base on pre- covid)
= total 460k every year

WHO will be able to work as over- Qualified Admin Asst? Because all the job ads will state only High School/ O'Levels.

Did the useless Lim Swee Suay and JoTeo do any forecasting or planning?

https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/searc...0Assistant&sortBy=new_posting_date&page=0
Security guard now got employed by Yellow Ribbon. Ex-Convict. All very hardworking. I seen them. Some other guard are really elderly old..70s also have. As long as can read simple english and stand. All can get employed. But long hour 10hours or 12 or 6 days a week. But pay less than 2K.
Many auntie like to work Daiso. Why? Think work lighter. And part time got $12 per hour.
If PAP govt marks the ministers and high post salary to the bottom 10% of workers. That will be an eye opener.

If at end of their term they manage to lift the bottom 10% salary by whatever % and close the gini coefficient. They then get a retirement bonus that is marked to top 10% of best job salary for the number of years in service.

This will ensure that kpi is measured where it matters and affect their pockets. Else it's all talk cock sing song...
Good pay jobs go to FT left all cleaning and security guard jobs to local. No eye see
Did PAP create this type of rubbish for us or for FTs?

[Image: Dishwasher-for-degree-holders.png]
Insurance agents but the fresh grads merely use it as a stepping stone to enter the financial sector.

[Image: Hyenas.png]
All those adv really knn..all post "up to" up to $3000....up to $2000...Up to $ 1600..but actual figure calculate one is merely earning $7 to $8 per hour..bus driver also..Up To $3500...
(30-10-2021, 04:01 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]All those adv really knn..all post "up to" up to $3000....up to $2000...Up to $ 1600..but actual figure calculate one is merely earning $7 to $8 per hour..bus driver also..Up To $3500...

That is the ploy they employ to get people to apply for the adv. post...... crying
What are new jobs create so far ?
(14-10-2021, 05:18 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]If PAP govt marks the ministers and high post salary to the bottom 10% of workers. That will be an eye opener.

If at end of their term they manage to lift the bottom 10% salary by whatever % and close the gini coefficient. They then get a retirement bonus that is marked to top 10% of best job salary for the number of years in service.

This will ensure that kpi is measured where it matters and affect their pockets. Else it's all talk cock sing song...

I support this.
(14-10-2021, 06:43 PM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]Good pay jobs go to FT left all cleaning and security guard jobs to local. No eye see

Will a poly diploma or NUS/NTU degree  holder go for cleaning and security guard job.  They are supposed to be employed as technicians or engineers or some management positions........They should be going for these jobs as they are classified as PMETs...... nudie
(02-11-2021, 09:04 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]8) Nurses.

https://tnp.straitstimes.com/news/singap...sing-janil

Nursing is a noble career.
9) Hawkers
Property tax increase, rental increase, water hike 30%, cannot hire FWs to help, must pay $800/ mth for dish collection and washing . . .

https://theindependent.sg/k-f-seetoh-540...o-hawkers/
10) Based on Yahoo survey, Hotel Room Attendants/ Chambermaids is one of the Unwanted Lousy jobs in SG

No wonder, everyday got so many repeated job ads on this.

Hotels don't want to pay $4k for these jobs then might as well hire more FWs.

[Image: Room-Attendants.png]
(30-10-2021, 04:01 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]All those adv really knn..all post "up to" up to $3000....up to $2000...Up to $ 1600..but actual figure calculate one is merely earning $7 to $8 per hour..bus driver also..Up To $3500...

YES.

Many Shift work.  blue collar jobs are like that ie Room Attendants, Security Guards . . 

My friend in recruitment said their salary is BASIC +++ similar to eating in the Restaurant with +GST+Service+  .  .

That is why All these jobs belong to the TOP 30 Unwanted Lousy Jobs.

Yet PAP dare to tell us FTs create good jobs.

WHO Believe their shit??

(30-10-2021, 08:41 PM)FangFang Wrote: [ -> ]What are new jobs create so far ?

SDA
Sigh...Dont understand young people's thinking nowadays.
Tink hunger, poverty, hardships r not in their dictionary...
50 yrs fresh grad from bukit timah rd , i was knocking on many factory gates in jurong looking for a job, any job ..i had no choice coming from a poor family...before i got my 1st permanent job several months later, i had to do all kinds of odd jobs- stall assistant, manual labour etc.. to survive .

Nowadays, choosy kids complain of lousy difficult jobs...wat an upside down society it has become .

Without experiencing poverty, hardships, tough life , how on earth r they going to learn patience, perserverence , tolerance so essentisl to living.
(08-12-2021, 06:43 PM)Yin yang Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh...Dont understand young people's thinking nowadays.
Tink hunger, poverty, hardships r not in their dictionary...
50 yrs fresh grad from bukit timah rd , i was knocking on many factory gates in jurong looking for a job, any job ..i had no choice coming from a poor family...before i got my 1st permanent job several months later, i had to do all kinds of odd jobs- stall assistant, manual labour etc.. to survive .

Nowadays, choosy  kids complain of lousy difficult jobs...wat an upside down society it has become .

Without experiencing poverty, hardships, tough life  , how on earth r they going to learn patience, perserverence , tolerance so essentisl to living.

4G and 5G are also out-dated and can NEVER meet expectatations.

Now Globalization, liao. Mata also do not wear shorts.

So why PAP cannot match the changes in our society?

Incompetencies, lah.
11) My guess after observing the CareersFuture and the interviews I attended, the companies want me to do Talent Acquisition. But I do not have the experience, leh.

So, it seems that this is the latest Unwanted lousy profession in the list. So many vacancies seen in the few websites.

Is the job difficult? Why cannot be filled month after month?

https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/searc...cquisition&sortBy=relevancy&page=0
12) Tuition Teachers
No CPF, no career but flexible time.

My friend's younger sister tried for 5 years to get back to the workforce at late 20s but could not.

So she has been a tuition teacher for past 8 years.

Another friend tried to get her to give tuition in Simei Condo, but CECA already conquer the condo with English & Math tuition.
(01-02-2022, 09:10 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]12) Tuition Teachers
No CPF, no career but flexible time.

My friend's younger sister tried for 5 years to get back to the workforce at late 20s but could not.

So she has been a tuition teacher for past 8 years.

Another friend tried to get her to give tuition in Simei Condo, but CECA already conquer the condo with English & Math tuition.

Even with private tuition also got competition from CECA......
13) Construction Workers

646 Construction Worker Job vacancies, January 2022
(Based on the job portal)
(14-10-2021, 04:11 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]2) Then Kitchen crew? No shift work so the pay is lower, too.

Does FTs really create good jobs that can pay well like Ramesh?

[Image: Kichen-Crew-1.png]
FT Remesh is paid $66,000 per month.....who can beat that.........?
Silly shallow thinking...any job is a good job, able to bring food to yr table for yr loved ones...

Hundreds thousands of starving job seekers from outside risk their lives by trying to sneak into this tiny jewel n many were caught n caned for illegal entry to our shores...some even drowned..

Over here, jobs r plentiful n yet peoole complain, whine .
Heavens got eyes one...wait they die of hunger starvation .
Pages: 1 2