SG Talk

Full Version: Would you build your own PC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Or pay someone to do it? I'm thinking of doing it myself but it has been many years since I last built one.
(09-04-2023, 04:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Or pay someone to do it? I'm thinking of doing it myself but it has been many years since I last built one.

get someone do it better lah..............otherwise, blow up mah jialat.............

HWZ always suggest the great ''Nigel'' at Sim Lim...............i had my pc assembled by him for $50.............the only good thing was i got free copy of Win10 Pro.............

cable management was non-existent though................it was a spaghetti of cables that i had to sort out myself.........
PC so obselete

today trench is made your own AI sex doll

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/3127870/...ming-soon/
(09-04-2023, 04:41 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Or pay someone to do it? I'm thinking of doing it myself but it has been many years since I last built one.

Build it yourself can save at least $500.
Very easy to set up a desktop PC.
Get a ATX PC casing. Cooler Master case is not a bad choice.

Power supply at least 750w.
Now you can buy 4070 graphic card.
(Measure and check the graphic card length belong you buy the case)
Gen 4 NVME SSD is dirt cheap now.
Buy 2x 8GB 16 GB ram.
The important factor is the ram latency not the ram Speed.

Get Intel CPU 13400 or 13600 is not a bad choice.
(09-04-2023, 05:19 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Get a ATX PC casing. Cooler Master case is not a bad choice.

Power supply at least 750w.
Now you can buy 4070 graphic card.
(Measure and check the graphic card length belong you buy the case)
Gen 4 NVME SSD is dirt cheap now.
Buy 2x 8GB 16 GB ram.
The important factor is the ram latency not the ram Speed.

Get Intel CPU 13400 or 13600 is not a bad choice.
I was still thinking of getting Ryzen lol.
I managed to buy this Gen 4 NVME 500GB SSD less than $60.

[Image: IMG-4884.jpg]
(09-04-2023, 05:30 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to buy this Gen 4 NVME 500GB SSD less than $60.

Source?
Amazon
(09-04-2023, 05:32 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Source?

Shopee.
After coin earns, it will cost below $60.
I still thought I see wrongly.

[Image: IMG-4885.jpg]
If all parts are functional it's quite straightforward. But if one part is faulty and you hv no equipment or spare parts to test, and you dun know which one has gone wrong, it'll be a big headache
Buy from reputable stores from Sim Lim, all parts should be okay. Just plug in and boot up, set the BIOS . Can use an old boot up ssd with windows preloaded. Or can clone one from old pc. Whole process very easy .
(09-04-2023, 05:30 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to buy this Gen 4 NVME 500GB SSD less than $60.

i bought a MX500 (500GB) for $46....................wah, the P5 Plus (500GB) also drop so much ah !!! Huh
(09-04-2023, 05:26 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I was still thinking of getting Ryzen lol.

Intel chip is well known for stability.
nowadays assemled by yrself is not much cheaper than those mass produced by reputable firms like asus acer dell etc
u can add on memory n ram which are the 2 most important items to speed up

I build every single PC I owned until last year.

I engaged a company to build my gaming rig because I had no time to deal with various compatibility issues that may crop up.

I engaged this company call Mansa and they did an excellent job. Very nice.
U learn more with own DIY
(10-04-2023, 07:50 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]nowadays assemled by yrself is not much cheaper than those mass produced by reputable firms like asus acer dell etc
u can add on memory n ram which are the 2 most important items to speed up

Quite true, assembled by oneself is not much cheaper than those mass produced ones, also there are less chances of it going wrong............. Big Grin
(10-04-2023, 07:54 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I build every single PC I owned until last year.

I engaged a company to build my gaming rig because I had no time to deal with various compatibility issues that may crop up.

I engaged this company call Mansa and they did an excellent job. Very nice.

This one?

https://www.mansacomputers.com/
(09-04-2023, 05:38 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Shopee.
After coin earns, it will cost below $60.
I still thought I see wrongly.

[Image: IMG-4885.jpg]

wah.............got Cashback ah..............i didn't notice that when i bought from the same store leh............. crying
(09-04-2023, 06:05 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]If all parts are functional it's quite straightforward.  But if one part is faulty and you hv no equipment or spare parts to test, and you dun know which one has gone wrong, it'll be a big headache

Hardware is normally not the issue. It is the software especially the Bios/UEFI, you need to configure correctly, otherwise your NVME SSD may not be detected. Rotfl

You need to do it then you will learn it.
It is not difficult to troubleshoot. Google is our best teacher.
(10-04-2023, 10:08 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]wah.............got Cashback ah..............i didn't notice that when i bought from the same store leh............. crying

You got to wait for next round they give offer on 25th Apr or 5th May.
Now this SSD price goes back to original price. Laughter-13
(10-04-2023, 11:58 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Hardware is normally not the issue. It is the software especially the Bios/UEFI, you need to configure correctly, otherwise your NVME SSD may not be detected. Rotfl

You need to do it then you will learn it.
It is not difficult to troubleshoot. Google is our best teacher.

Normally ok lah, 不怕一万,只怕万一. If you couldn't pinpoint the faulty part, and the seller won't acknowledge it, then how?
DIY is the fun part. The problems are usually not insurmountable. If got problems, can bring it back to the sellers ( say if u bought at sim lim). They can reinstall everything for you very cheaply. Last time some shops charge only $10 for installation if u bought everything from the same shop.
(10-04-2023, 01:19 PM)limkopi Wrote: [ -> ]DIY is the fun part. The problems are usually not insurmountable. If got problems, can bring it back to the sellers ( say if u bought at sim lim). They can reinstall everything for you very cheaply. Last time some shops charge only $10 for installation if u bought everything from the same shop.

Usually if buy all from same shop they'll assemble free.
(10-04-2023, 12:21 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Normally ok lah, 不怕一万,只怕万一. If you couldn't pinpoint the faulty part, and the seller won't acknowledge it, then how?

Your seller means manufacturer?
Your warranty is from manufacturer not from seller.
Never remove the seal. Your warranty will be void.

How do put into word?
A person who knows computer will build his own pc. He won’t buy off the rack pc with limited expansion capability. It is actually an insult to buy prebuilt desktop pc from the rack.

My Intel cpu warranty is directly registered from Intel website.
My Intel CPU warranty.

[Image: IMG-4889.jpg]
(10-04-2023, 01:31 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Your seller means manufacturer?
Your warranty is from manufacturer not from seller.
Never remove the seal. Your warranty will be void.

How do put into word?
A person who knows computer will build his own pc. He won’t buy off the rack pc with limited expansion capability. It is actually an insult to buy prebuilt desktop pc from the rack.

Within the first few days usually bring back to the sellers.

But how do you know which parts or componets which are faulty? Aiya pay a bit more let them assemble better lah.
(10-04-2023, 01:35 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Within the first few days usually bring back to the sellers.

But how do you know which parts or componets which are faulty? Aiya pay a bit more let them assemble better lah.

The problem, they may not assemble properly and the warranty is always given 1 year nia.

You got see my Intel cpu warranty. It is 60mths. I think many ppl dont know.
My network card nearly cannot make it today. I keep spraying contact cleaner. The modem cum router passed away last Thursday.

By 2025, Microsoft would have made all outdated.
Pages: 1 2