SG Talk

Full Version: 2 S'poreans aged 23 and 34 among 15 covid deaths, youngest so far
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two youngest Singaporeans to die from Covid-19 were reported yesterday by the Ministry of Health (MOH).

A 23-year-old and a 34-year old were among the 15 fatalities reported- the highest number of of deaths recorded in a day.

The 23-year-old had been partially vaccinated against the virus and the 34-year-old was unvaccinated. Both had multiple underlying medical conditions, said MOH.

Part of an article found in today's The New Paper.
Sad that at so young age got multiple underlying medical conditions, what food are they eating? RIP...
(15-10-2021, 08:44 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Sad that at so young age got multiple underlying medical conditions, what food are they eating? RIP...

Are these even severe underlying conditions ....could be just slightly obese or have mild hypertension etc. They have become less transparent.
Could be autoimmune disease. That would also explain why they are partially or not vaccinated.
(15-10-2021, 09:24 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]Could be autoimmune disease. That would also explain why they are partially or not vaccinated.

It is best to be fully vaccinated, i.e. 2 jabs of the vaccine at least...
(15-10-2021, 09:29 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is best to be fully vaccinated, i.e. 2 jabs of the vaccine at least...
Yup it is a no brainer to get vaccinated if got hypertension or are obese.
(15-10-2021, 09:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Are these even severe underlying conditions ....could be just slightly obese or have mild hypertension etc. They have become less transparent.

If obese, many aunties would have passed on. 

Maybe it is diabetics?
(15-10-2021, 09:36 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Yup it is a no brainer to get vaccinated if got hypertension or are obese.

There is this medical flyer that claimed those taking hypertension pills are allowed to be vaccinated...... Thinking
(15-10-2021, 10:22 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]There is this medical flyer that claimed those taking hypertension pills are allowed to be vaccinated...... Thinking
This is too sad a case to bear.  Dying from covid infections at such young age is really not worthwhile at all.  I am so heart-ache for them.  Hope their family members can get over with such pains and sadness.
(15-10-2021, 10:19 AM)Symmetry Wrote: [ -> ]If obese, many aunties would have passed on. 

Maybe it is diabetics?

It is stated in a medical directive that even those who are diabetic can take the  covid jabs..... Thinking
When one's number is up, how one up lorry is inconsequential.
Do you guys ever wonder, how come for the last 2 years, there are no reported death for young due to COVID in Singapore, when worldwide, there are definitely such cases..

Was it because our young immunity is better than the rest of the world? If it because our young are more careful in personal protection as compared to the rest of the world??

I know folks like TangSen will say why I wonder/ask so much, but if we don't ask, then are we missing something??
(15-10-2021, 12:32 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys ever wonder, how come for the last 2 years, there are no reported death for young due to COVID in Singapore, when worldwide, there are definitely such cases..

Was it because our young immunity is better than the rest of the world? If it because our young are more careful in personal protection as compared to the rest of the world??

I know folks like TangSen will say why I wonder/ask so much, but if we don't ask, then are we missing something??

I think you are right to comment so..... Clapping
(15-10-2021, 12:32 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Do you guys ever wonder, how come for the last 2 years, there are no reported death for young due to COVID in Singapore, when worldwide, there are definitely such cases..

We are predominantly Chinese and do not have so many diabetic cases like India or USA.

Quite a few CECA here are diabetic that added insurance medical premiums to overload our system.
When the first foreign worker infected with Covid was in ICU, Sg put in all resources to save him and succeeded. But now with so many cases, their approach is prob different....
(15-10-2021, 01:30 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]When the first foreign worker infected with Covid was in ICU, Sg put in all resources to save him and succeeded. But now with so many cases, their approach is prob different....

During those times, those that are infected  are few and far between, hence they are properly attended to, but now with thousands being infected, they had to change tactics to curb the rising infection rates and death rates..... crying
(15-10-2021, 01:36 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]During those times, those that are infected  are few and far between, hence they are properly attended to, but now with thousands being infected, they had to change tactics to curb the rising infection rates and death rates..... crying

Having more cases is his plan. Didn't he said so?
(15-10-2021, 01:43 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Having more cases is his plan. Didn't he said so?

The MIW reckon that we must now learn to live with covid viruses...... crying
(15-10-2021, 01:43 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Having more cases is his plan. Didn't he said so?

I concur with your finding. I infer this from LHL's disclosure that we should exit covid by April 2022. To exit by April we need to have bigger daily infection to reach herd immunity........ Big Grin
(15-10-2021, 01:52 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I concur with your finding. I infer this from LHL's disclosure that we should exit covid by April 2022. To exit by April we need to have bigger daily infection to reach herd immunity........ Big Grin
Also more death till then.
(15-10-2021, 01:57 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Also more death till then.

Correct, you nailed it again....... Big Grin
(15-10-2021, 01:59 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Correct, you nailed it again....... Big Grin

Bro, upz u 1 pt for making me laugh 2day.
Can they conduct new trial medicines? After using the Super Effective Vaccines, our cases and deaths keep hitting the roof.
(15-10-2021, 02:11 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote: [ -> ]Bro, upz u 1 pt for making me laugh 2day.

Thks for your repu....... Big Grin

The difference then and now is delta.... if they didn't hide anything .
In terms of infections with population for Covid-19, in South East Asia, we are close to Thailand and the Philippines.

The following countries are below us:
Brunei
Indonesia
Timor Leste
Myanmar
Vietnam
Cambodia
Laos
(15-10-2021, 02:30 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]The difference then and now is delta.... if they didn't hide anything .

In the past many are infected with the Alpha virus, but recently many are hit by the Delta virus, which is more infectious and deadly..... crying
Likely, we will wind down on the testings.
(15-10-2021, 02:56 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Likely, we will wind down on the testings.

This should not  be happening, cos with tests conducted, many will know whether they have Covid viruses... Big Grin
(15-10-2021, 12:40 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]We are predominantly Chinese and do not have so many diabetic cases like India or USA.

Quite a few CECA here are diabetic that added insurance medical premiums to overload our system.
That could be a possible reason.. If our MOH is willing to channel their efforts in making life difficult to non jab to such research, it will be more beneficial to all of us as a whole.