SG Talk

Full Version: ‘Toast Box gonna bankrupt us peasants…’ — High prices of laksa, curry, shock netizens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
‘Toast Box gonna bankrupt us peasants…’ — High prices of laksa, curry, shock netizens

https://theindependent.sg/toast-box-gonn...-netizens/
I believe the zoomers and yoomers will still patronise.

I don't understand the psychology, why they will, but BT and TB seem to be doing very very well. And yes, DTF as well.

George seems to have some Midas touch. Any eatery he sets up, he makes tons of moolah.
Need to re-coup from those cheapskates, buy a cup of kopi and sit there few hours?
I only go McDonald, ya Kun or HDB kopitiam or Starbuck.
then eat somewhere else lah.
Toast Box management

[Image: kgeocqt.gif]
That is blasphemy. Private enterprise can never bankrupt peasants. Bankrupt peasants will not be able to buy in the first place.
Go to neighbourhood coffee shop or hawker centre lor!

Can't find meh?
Ya Kun cheaper than Toastbox
Toastbox is pricing themselves out of the market in the long run. They are charging restaurant prices for what is essentially fast food. Support local hawkers instead.
(18-04-2023, 01:42 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Ya Kun cheaper than Toastbox
It is not that people cannot afford to eat Toastbox. It is a matter of not worthwhile to eat there at all. There are much delicious laksa, curry chicken, etc even at hawker ctr.
(18-04-2023, 12:03 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]‘Toast Box gonna bankrupt us peasants…’ — High prices of laksa, curry, shock netizens

https://theindependent.sg/toast-box-gonn...-netizens/

I only go to ToastBox for Peanut Butter Toast and KopiO Kosong lah! Big Grin  Just went just now lah!
(18-04-2023, 01:57 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]It is not that people cannot afford to eat Toastbox. It is a matter of not worthwhile to eat there at all. There are much delicious laksa, curry chicken, etc even at hawker ctr.

Laksa at hawker centre only $3.50 leh! Big Grin
I only go to those coffeeshop with kopi siew dai at 1.10, and food less than 3.50
Why people always against Toastbox in this forum? They are just doing a honest business with prices published clearly outside. Also there are so many choices besides Toastbox if anyone think it's expensive.
(18-04-2023, 02:47 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]Why people always against Toastbox in this forum? They are just doing a honest business with prices published clearly outside. Also there are so many choices besides Toastbox if anyone think it's expensive.

I think you have chosen to ignore what happened to TB in the past.
I have never patronised TB after freshly made soyabean saga from BT. Rotfl
(18-04-2023, 01:57 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]It is not that people cannot afford to eat Toastbox. It is a matter of not worthwhile to eat there at all. There are much delicious laksa, curry chicken, etc even at hawker ctr.

Actually I don't know what to say , either some singaporean " Maybe earn too much " don't mind pay double for a bowl of laksa from Toastbox than having at neighbourhood hawker even from those famous Laksa.

Toast Box foods is not fancy either, If you mark your price so high BUT your food is really dam nice even can win those famous laksa hawker than , that is REALLY so call " I pay for Quality " just like buying Luxury Clothes, Super car like that.

BUT is not, Toast box foods is not fancy , not nice either yet their price mark up dam high.
(18-04-2023, 03:13 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Actually I don't know what to say , either some singaporean " Maybe earn too much " don't mind pay double for a bowl of laksa from Toastbox than having at neighbourhood hawker even from those famous Laksa.

Toast Box foods is not fancy either,  If you mark your price so high BUT your food is really dam nice even can win those famous laksa hawker than , that is REALLY so call " I pay for Quality " just like buying Luxury Clothes, Super car like that.

BUT is not, Toast box foods is not fancy , not nice either yet their price mark up dam high.

Do you ever see how they prepare the laksa? Rotfl
Many complained about PAP but still vote them to ruin their lives.
Toast Box gives you a choice but PAP didn't.
I had made my choice from getting toasted long ago becasue Quek is a cheat.
(18-04-2023, 03:15 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Do you ever see how they prepare the laksa? Rotfl

I eat before their foods TOTALLY SUCK, Those Hawker ones can win their one yet Cheap.
(18-04-2023, 02:47 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]Why people always against Toastbox in this forum? They are just doing a honest business with prices published clearly outside. Also there are so many choices besides Toastbox if anyone think it's expensive.

You're right lah! Big Grin Those people cannot afford sure make noise lah! Normal coffeeshop is cheaper for them lah!
Had a brief chat with a 70 yo auntie at Toast Box, she told me the kopi there is so good that she can’t go to bed without drinking. Huh
(18-04-2023, 03:28 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Had a brief chat with a 70 yo auntie at Toast Box, she told me the kopi there is so good that she can’t go to bed without drinking. Huh

Value for money lah! Big Grin
hello
i mean must toastbox meh
cannot hawker ctr?
so let them raise la
(18-04-2023, 03:39 PM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]hello
i mean must toastbox meh
cannot hawker ctr?
so let them raise la

Hawker centre different standards lah! Big Grin Yakun also no fight lah!
there a way to get at them
just look at my bills
go negatives why?
they owe me.
[Image: Screenshot-2023-04-18-at-15-41-48-Singte...-ready.png]
singlion beri hi IQ
play game with me got consequences.
(18-04-2023, 03:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Hawker centre different standards lah! Big Grin Yakun also no fight lah!

then bopian liao just pay
(18-04-2023, 04:04 PM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]then bopian liao just pay

Next time I blanjah you there lah! Big Grin
(18-04-2023, 03:21 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]You're right lah! Big Grin Those people cannot afford sure make noise lah! Normal coffeeshop is cheaper for them lah!

Of course u are right. Taiwan belongs to China, of course lah.
(18-04-2023, 04:07 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Of course u are right. Taiwan belongs to China, of course lah.

Here is ToastBox lah! Big Grin Different channel lah!
Pages: 1 2