SG Talk

Full Version: Right time for Lee Hsien Loong handover to LW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We are at half way point, around 2.5 years till next election due, when do you think is the right time?
Now lah… Big Grin
hand over liao do what ?

selected President ?
(21-04-2023, 07:19 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]hand over liao do what ?

selected President ?

Jia Hong. Big Grin
人生得意须尽欢 莫使金樽空对月。
Let's do a poll
(21-04-2023, 07:20 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Jia Hong. Big Grin
人生得意须尽欢 莫使金樽空对月。

don't think he can do that with peach of mind knowing what he had done to his sibling, SIL, nephew.
(21-04-2023, 07:25 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]don't think he can do that with peach of mind knowing what he had done to his sibling, SIL, nephew.

He will be regretted one day what he has done to his own siblings.  时间是最好的良药。
Time can heal pain and soul.
(21-04-2023, 07:28 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]He will be regretted one day what he has done to his own siblings.  时间是最好的良药。
Time can heal pain and soul.

karma already happened in the Lee families.
Vote them out
(21-04-2023, 07:34 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Vote them out

IMHO not in the next GE.
(21-04-2023, 07:30 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]karma already happened in the Lee families.

This is why I always said. 
老天爷是很公平。
该给你的一定给你,该罚你决不饶恕你。
(21-04-2023, 07:18 AM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]We are at half way point, around 2.5 years till next election due, when do you think is the right time?

There is no 'NEVER' option leh! Big Grin NEVER lah!
Never means you choose after election la, same same
I think he said ...only "IF" LW can pull back the votes...
(21-04-2023, 07:36 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]This is why I always said. 
老天爷是很公平。
该给你的一定给你,该罚你决不饶恕你。

the only variables is only time
Looks like everyone think is going to happen
(21-04-2023, 09:14 PM)jameslee58@hotmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like everyone think is going to happen

It is going to happen but only when, I suspect LHL will hand over the helm by next general election.............and he become a minister mentor............. Big Grin
(21-04-2023, 09:22 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is going to happen but only when, I suspect LHL will hand over the helm by next general election.............and he become a minister mentor............. Big Grin
Lppl...he is still the puppet master pulling the strings.
(21-04-2023, 08:17 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]There is no 'NEVER' option leh! Big Grin NEVER lah!

(21-04-2023, 09:22 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is going to happen but only when, I suspect LHL will hand over the helm by next general election.............and he become a minister mentor............. Big Grin

NEVER lah! Big Grin
What still waiting for right time. He should have been kicked out 10 years ago. .... Big Grin
(22-04-2023, 09:12 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]What still waiting for right time. He should have been kicked out 10 years ago. .... Big Grin

Then who will become PM leh?  Thinking ALL cannot make it one leh! Big Grin
(22-04-2023, 09:24 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Then who will become PM leh?  Thinking ALL cannot make it one leh! Big Grin

I think any Tom, Dick or Harry or even without a PM would not have caused so much damage like now. Knnah just his pork soup alone is already hot soup liao.... Big Grin
(21-04-2023, 07:19 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Now lah… Big Grin

Pinky should have handed over back in 2004.................right after Woody Goh handed over to him............ Rotfl
(22-04-2023, 09:28 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I think any Tom, Dick or Harry or even without a PM would not have caused so much damage like now. Knnah just his pork soup alone is already hot soup liao.... Big Grin

Different soup same meat lah! Big Grin
Most people can see that LW is going to be a better PM than him. But he wants to hold on to the position and power as long as a can. It's bad for Sg as his international and local standing is not that good and LW should adopt his own style and approach. It's better to let LW takeover in 4Q this year, so that he has enough time to lead the next GE.
A valid point to handover this year, so lw still has time to prepare for his election
Regardless election dur no due, once lw took over, he has to call for election (just lile goh chok tong did), because you have to prove you have peoples mandate,
Is no rolling dice but is about there, george yeo lost aljunied, that feeling sting

Other possibility is to let time mellowed lw, 2 or 3 years later, he should have a bit of white hair and beard
(22-04-2023, 09:46 AM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Most people can see that LW is going to be a better PM than him.  But he wants to hold on to the position and power as long as a can. It's bad for Sg as his international and local standing is not that good and LW should adopt his own style and approach. It's better to let LW takeover in 4Q this year, so that he has enough time to lead the next GE.

I concur with your views, better to let LW take over in  Q4 this year, so that he has a longer runway........... Big Grin
LHL said several times previously he didn't intend to stay as PM past 70. Yet he is already 71 this year but not budging. Covid is already endemic, so longer an excuse.

Once a person has tasted power, it is difficult to relinquish that power.
(21-04-2023, 10:06 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Lppl...he is still the puppet master pulling the strings.

(22-04-2023, 11:20 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]LHL said several times previously he didn't intend to stay as PM past 70. Yet he is already 71 this year but not budging. Covid is already endemic, so longer an excuse.

Once a person has tasted power, it is difficult to relinquish that power.
Yes LHL will be the puppet master pulling the strings, even after he steps down as PM, it is difficult for one to relinquish that power.........he will become the minister mentor............ Big Grin
There is clearly no difference in voting for PM Lee or Decoy Lawrence when the person who makes the final decision is still PM Lee. There is no change except the face.
Pages: 1 2 3