SG Talk

Full Version: Cheap durians are back...but are they any good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having lunch now later I will buy to try.

[Image: P72NFyd.jpg]
3 for $10 is they will open on the spot let you inspect then take home? Or you choose 3 inside got meat or spoilt you ownself take the risk kind?
(23-04-2023, 04:00 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]3 for $10 is they will open on the spot let you inspect then take home? Or you choose 3 inside got meat or spoilt you ownself take the risk kind?

at the most they open one slit so you easier to open at home lah..............but looks quite big for the price..............so maybe too good to be true......... Big Grin

last time i ever open up a similar size durian - inside only got 2 seeds only............ Rotfl
(23-04-2023, 04:09 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]at the most they open one slit so you easier to open at home lah..............but looks quite big for the price..............so maybe too good to be true......... Big Grin

last time i ever open up a similar size durian - inside only got 2 seeds only............ Rotfl

I see some husks are thick so you rugi no meat inside. Nowadays there are stalls that will open and put inside styrofoam box. NTUC I buy is that kind so you can see the meat but you cannot determine meat nice to eat or not haha
I managed to combine with stranger  to buy 3...she took 2, I took 1 and paid her $3.40
In return I used my durian picking skills to find 3 ripe durians as vendor don't guarantee.

I took my durian home and this is my conclusion.
It was ripe and yellow but taste is bland. ..mildly sweet. Can still eat but won't enjoy as much as good quality durians.

Likely to be Malaysian grown Thai durians....as we are in early part of durian season.
Cheap like sai
This type bo ho jiak wan Oops
(23-04-2023, 04:16 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to combine with stranger  to buy 3...she took 2, I took 1 and paid her $3.40
In return I used my durian picking skills to find 3 ripe durians as vendor don't guarantee.

I took my durian home and this is my conclusion.
It was ripe and yellow but taste is bland. ..mildly sweet. Can still eat but won't enjoy as much as good quality durians.

Likely to be Malaysian grown Thai durians....as we are in early part of durian season.

Cannot guarantee may as well buy from NTUC can see the meat in styrofoam box.