SG Talk

Full Version: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes many things are cheaper in Malaysia.

But bread prices js hard to fathom as  Gardenia factories makes the bread for in Malaysia and Singapore using same raw materials imported.
Is it transport costs? That also does mot make sense as the bread travels from Johor factory to KL is much further than jn Singapore.

Once it hits the Seng Siong or NTUC shelves the price more than triples.

[Image: YQLXeZT.jpg]

In Malaysia........just  RM$3

[Image: 7IxOG0i.jpg]
just F...k back to Muar... yr hometown
Actually rm 3.00 is not cheap to the locals. It's cheap to you because of their weak currency.

And you buy more expensive here due to the costs of doing business are higher
There are cheaper brands bread in SG.

quality wise only a bit lose to Gardenia.

FYI Gardenia , bread price is ALL Standard price.

As people already claim. you feel " cheap " is due to Strong SIN dollars vs riggit.
Because of the high rental costs, the high transport costs and the high operating costs.

Very costly here. To buy a van with high COE is unreachable for small businesses.
(30-04-2023, 01:15 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes many things are cheaper in Malaysia.

But bread prices js hard to fathom as the same Gardenia factory makes the bread for both Malaysia and Singapore.
Is it transport costs? That also does mot make sense as the bread travels from Johor factory to KL is much further than jn Singapore.

Once it hits the Sneg Siong or NTUC shelves the price more than triples.

I thought gardenia bread have factory in Singapore. Imported from Johor meh?
Manpower costs aso very much different. You pay rm 5k for a manager, he'll be happy like fart
Buy 2 can finish all before expiry?
(30-04-2023, 02:47 PM)Sline Wrote: [ -> ]Buy 2 can finish all before expiry?

I just put the extra loaf jn the fridge to eat later.
(30-04-2023, 03:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I just put the extra loaf jn the fridge to eat later.

you are genius !
(30-04-2023, 03:12 PM)forum456 Wrote: [ -> ]you are genius !

你很肉麻! Cool
(30-04-2023, 01:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Actually rm 3.00 is not cheap to the locals. It's cheap to you because of their weak currency.

low ses people boh tak chek one
Seldom eat bread can get bui..
Gardenia got keto bread or not? ..... Thinking
(30-04-2023, 03:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Seldom eat bread can get bui..

than morning you eat what?
(30-04-2023, 01:15 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes many things are cheaper in Malaysia.

But bread prices js hard to fathom as the same Gardenia factory makes the bread for both Malaysia and Singapore.

But your bus fares on SBS 170 to and fro cost more than the loaf of bread liao lah! Big Grin I just walk downstairs to HAO Mart got liao lah!

go live in JB and you will not had such problem.

fark back to your 3rd world country, we are more than happy to see that.
(30-04-2023, 03:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I just put the extra loaf jn the fridge to eat later.
Heard freezing bread can reduce the bread glycemic index though due to creation of resistant starch ?
(30-04-2023, 03:41 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]But your bus fares on SBS 170 to and fro cost more than the loaf of bread liao lah! Big Grin I just walk downstairs to HAO Mart got liao lah!
He very free no work so cycle there all along lah. .... Big Grin
Just came back from Tokyo

In fact, we are 20% to 50% more expensive

PAP should be pushing and proud to be #1
(30-04-2023, 02:25 PM)Gstalk Wrote: [ -> ]Because of the high rental costs, the high transport costs and the high operating costs.

Very costly here. To buy a van with high COE is unreachable for small businesses.
Seen van with a bakery address on Lala Move platform with their vehicle with the lala move logo. The bakery owner renting out vehicle to make ends meet?
Tell u a secret. NTUC house brand has a version that taste like expensive bread like that
(30-04-2023, 03:41 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]than morning you eat what?

No eat till lunch 
Not hungry only drink kopi
(30-04-2023, 02:40 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]I thought gardenia bread have factory in Singapore. Imported from Johor meh?
I oso tot so. Apparently we no wrong, Bakd @ pandan loop factory. Daz why so ex.
https://www.qaf.com.sg/business-bakery/#...ns%20daily.
(30-04-2023, 01:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Actually rm 3.00 is not cheap to the locals. It's cheap to you because of their weak currency.

Yes of course Singapore is expensive jn business costs things triple in price.

It is a reflection of how expensive singapore is vs else where.
breads too ex eat croissant.
(30-04-2023, 04:20 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Yes of course Singapore is expensive jn business costs things triple in price.

It is a reflection of how expensive singapore is vs else where.

[Image: Screenshot-20230430-163003.png]

If factory has to spend about 1 million or $1,000,000 SGD for 10  pieces of paper call 'entitlement ' just to get the bread delivered to us ultimately we consumers have to pay and absorb the business costs what!
(30-04-2023, 04:48 PM)Diamonaire Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Screenshot-20230430-163003.png]

If factory has to spend about 1 million or $1,000,000 SGD for 10  pieces of paper call 'entitlement ' just to get the bread delivered to us ultimately we consumers have to pay and absorb the business costs what!

So jn the end we are all made to pay more because pf COE ...even bread we have to pay more

Gardenia not nice for a long time liao...................all their breads not nice liao.................texture weird and hard...........

now i only buy wholemeal bread from Fairprice............the big one is softer than the small loaf............$2.25 i think.........
Pages: 1 2