SG Talk

Full Version: I am going to JB tom to buy medicine and groceries..one question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my regular trip there usually go on Monday afternoon to avoid crowd but today is public holiday and long weekend people coming home from holidays there. So I decided to push to Tues.

Last time as I was crossing to Malaysian immigration side, the officer asked me to apply for automated entry to use the self service gate since I over there a few times per month. His English was not very good and that was what I gathered from few sentence he said. I could have heard wrong. 

Anyone aware of this? How to apply for this pass to go in?
(01-05-2023, 12:50 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]This is my regular trip there usually go on Monday afternoon to avoid crowd but today is public holiday and long weekend people coming home from holidays there. So I decided to push to Tues.

Last time as I was crossing to Malaysian immigration side, the officer asked me to apply for automated entry to use the self service gate since I over there a few times per month. His English was not very good and that was what I gathered from few sentence he said. I could have heard wrong. 

Anyone aware of this? How to apply for this pass to go in?

U talking about this?

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi...20minister&text=JOHOR%20BAHRU%20%E2%80%94%20Starting%20Friday%2C%20Singaporeans,Home%20Minister%20Saifuddin%20Nasution%20Ismail.
Okay thanks....looks like process is this:

1. Before leaving for Malaysia just fill up MDAC.

2. Once done can use the automated gantry.

See below:

Singaporeans who want to use the e-gate facility must hold e-passports with a validity period of at least three months, said the minister.

“In addition to that, Singapore visitors need to submit the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) online three days before travel,” he said, adding that first-time users also need to verify their biometrics at the immigration counter.
First time sumbit the MDAC form before you go JB , then go thru normal manual immigration clearence.

Susequently you can use the auto-gate provided you submit the MDAC form before going to JB.
JHK now complain becuz of this auto-gate for Sporean they lost one counter so they get past slower. You just cannot please everyone. They never think we Sporean is go inside their country spend monies whereas they come our country earn monies. Can't they be more logical a bit?
Go every week for what? Groceries?
(01-05-2023, 01:07 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks....looks like process is this:

1. Before leaving for Malaysia just fill up MDAC.

2. Once done can use the automated gantry.

See below:

Singaporeans who want to use the e-gate facility must hold e-passports with a validity period of at least three months, said the minister.

“In addition to that, Singapore visitors need to submit the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) online three days before travel,” he said, adding that first-time users also need to verify their biometrics at the immigration counter.

Interesting thread.  TS you go so often is to piak piak jiuhu meimei? Big Grin
I think Singaporeans spent too much money over there and enriched the JHK. Suggest PAP make laws to discourage Singaporeans going over and spending the money such as limiting the value of items entering Singapore to max $100. Anything above $100 to be taxed 100%. This will also help our local small businesses and shopping malls although things cost higher here Big Grin
(01-05-2023, 05:05 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I think Singaporeans spent too much money over there and enriched the JHK. Suggest PAP make laws to discourage Singaporeans going over and spending the money such as limiting the value of items entering Singapore to max $100. Anything above $100 to be taxed 100%. This will also help our local small businesses and shopping malls although things cost higher here Big Grin

If gament can reduce inflation...it will greatly reduce the numbers of sinkies from flocking over there. As I write, I am in jb Sentral utilizing the strong SG dollar..
Passports don't need to be chopped?
Will there be a dispute subsequently for illegal entry and exit?

Safer to have Passports stamped??
Mutton biryani 18rm
Egg prata x 2 6rm
Coke 3rm

Total 27rm equals to $8.20. City square mall has a shop on the 5th FLR selling digital gagets, drinks and snacks like the value shops in sg. Alot of value buys!
Do you buy otc for those require prescriptios here? Very risky if you do that
Dont understand how come he wants to go Bolehland to buy medicine? Thinking

He can actually go to polyclinic to buy the medicine.

Sg has more varieties of medicine especially panadol.

Some medicine bought in Bolehland may not have English instruction.
is the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) online compulsory?
3 days b4 apply online
first time after apply still must see counter to verify all in order
subsequently no need the gate will verify for you by not opening
opening does not imply consent meaning u might be lockout when returning and see ahSir.
https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac...gisterMain
-singlion golden tongue see logo chiaoPi
(01-05-2023, 06:42 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Dont understand how come he wants to go Bolehland to buy medicine? Thinking

He can actually go to polyclinic to buy the medicine.

Sg has more varieties of medicine especially panadol.

Some medicine bought in Bolehland may not have English instruction.

I think you don't understand. It is quite a few medicine supplements and Chinese medicine. Some medicine it is cheaper to get in JB than polyclinic.

I go in once or twice a month and when I go I let the neighbors know and they let me know what they want.

I think many don't understand until you have no money then you will go and find out what is cheaper to save money. Thereis aa wise range of over the counter medicine for cough, skin problems, really many types much cheaper in JB. Supplements are 50% lower price than at Guardian. Diabetic test strips  etc etc.

People don't know because they never reach a situation they have to try to save money.

[Image: KFMXyo1.jpg]
those cholesterol medicines in polyclinics are ex.
(01-05-2023, 07:21 PM)Bigbluedot Wrote: [ -> ]those cholesterol medicines in polyclinics are ex.

medicines from bolehland ?

no way me going to risk my life on all these unproven medication.
Many medicines are banned or need prescriptions here but can get easily otc there. Like those "strong chinese medicines" you posted in one of your threads, can cause a person to pass out on the spot. Better be careful