SG Talk

Full Version: Newly opened 24hr food court
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can only run FC and HC 24 hours if you bring in more jhks and tiongs.

Locals will not work a night shift, and even for the day shift, it is hard to find locals willing to do this job anymore.

Of course, the 39% will argue:  pay more lar!

Are you willing to pay $20 for a bowl of laksa?

Pay more. mai gong jiaowei. Rolleyes
(02-05-2023, 11:59 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You can only run FC and HC 24 hours if you bring in more jhks and tiongs.

Locals will not work a night shift, and even for the day shift, it is hard to find locals willing to do this job anymore.

locals got problem.
(02-05-2023, 11:59 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You can only run FC and HC 24 hours if you bring in more jhks and tiongs.

All along like this. Just like 7 eleven why their stuffs is slightly expensive because they operate 24hours.

I feel is about " reasonable pricing " if cost slightly more is justify for 24hrs operation.

the WORST are those never operate 24hrs yet increase So much.
Of course, if you open more mala stalls, and dongbei stalls in FC, you can for sure open for 24 hours.

There is an increasing demand for Chinese food because more and more Chinese are coming.

PS: Bak chor mee, laksa, char kway teow are NOT Chinese food. They are fusion food. If you don't see a crowd of Chinese ordering these food, it means that they are NOT Chinese food.
(02-05-2023, 12:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]All along like this. Just like 7 eleven why their stuffs is slightly expensive because they operate 24hours.

I feel is about " reasonable pricing " if cost slightly more is justify for 24hrs operation.

I used to and still read news about the local food scene.

It used to pain me when I read about "Another old time hawker hangs his wok up".

Too old, cannot tahan the long hours anymore, in his sixties, nobody to take over.  Just shut it down lor.

And his stall is taken over by the Chinese.  Mala.

Now I simply accept it because after all, the locals are heading towards extinction. What is the point of keeping alive something for which there is no future demand?  Even our young don't miss it, really.  I was at Northpoint...lots and lots of eateries, and swarming with young peepur.  The food they eat....nothing like what I remembered in the old days.

Times have changed.

顺其自然吧!
Stupid idea sure failed.. all industrial there who the f go there eat 24hours...not even one hdb there...
All the overnight truckers and night shifters must be pleased with this outlet
(02-05-2023, 12:09 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]I used to and still read news about the local food scene.

It used to pain me when I read about "Another old time hawker hangs his wok up".

Too old, cannot tahan the long hours anymore, in his sixties, nobody to take over.  Just shut it down lor.

And his stall is taken over by the Chinese.  Mala.

Now I simply accept it because after all, the locals are heading towards extinction. What is the point of keeping alive something for which there is no future demand?  Even our young don't miss it, really.  I was at Northpoint...lots and lots of eateries, and swarming with young peepur.  The food they eat....nothing like what I remembered in the old days.

Times have changed.

顺其自然吧!

This is the young gen mentally will get Screw up. Eat too much process foods.

Not say all rah, come been a hawker. I got one Army friend recently open stall selling Hokkien mee. He used to work under an old hawker selling Hokkien mee. Can tahan in long run his stall , I don't know. Partly now been hawker also quite competitive.
(02-05-2023, 12:12 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid idea sure failed.. all industrial there who the f go there eat 24hours...not even one hdb there...

hard to say,

some company operate 24 hours in the industrial park.
(02-05-2023, 12:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]hard to say,

some company operate 24 hours in the industrial park.

There dont have.
If the $2 is just one hum chim peng then it's not cheap.
(02-05-2023, 12:35 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]There dont have.

maybe nearby? I remember go this industrial park before quite long ago to buy some audio stuffs.
This place used to be a Hainanese Food Court. But business became very bad once Food Republic opened to its left and Chef Avenue (another food court) opened to its right.

Last year I checked it out and found out that it has only one chap chye png stall and one porridge stall remaining in business.

One more block to its right is 18 Tai Seng which has a small food court which does very good business. 2 blocks further to its right is another food court, UE Print Food Court. Then there are other restaurants along this stretch. Basically, this whole stretch is 'food avenue'. And then there are the eateries on the other side of Paya Lebar Road.

I am quite surprised to see brisk business in the evening at the food court in Grantal Mall (opposite Breadtalk IHQ) as I thought their main earning hours will be breakfast and lunch. Maybe this 24-hour food court can make it.
(02-05-2023, 01:07 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]This place used to be a Hainanese Food Court. But business became very bad once Food Republic opened to its left and Chef Avenue (another food court) opened to its right.

Last year I checked it out and found out that it has only one chap chye png stall and one porridge stall remaining in business.

One more block to its right is 18 Tai Seng which has a small food court which does very good business. 2 blocks further to its right is another food court, UE Print Food Court. Then there are other restaurants along this stretch. Basically, this whole stretch is 'food avenue'. And then there are the eateries on the other side of Paya Lebar Road.

I am quite surprised to see brisk business in the evening at the food court in Grantal Mall (opposite Breadtalk IHQ) as I thought their main earning hours will be breakfast and lunch. Maybe this 24-hour food court can make it.

Open food court inside Industrial park surely business is there.

Why? Industrial park got many individual small companies inside obviously got workers, staffs around.
They will not say travel further around to eat partly lunch hour just one hour.

Than come tea break, surely they will just go downstair these food court inside the industrial park to have a quick bit, snack, drinks.

TPY industrial park whereby the SPH located , also the Crap secret lab office also got quite a lot F&B , hawkers operate there.
Some of the coffee shop not operating 24 hours yet their prices are much higher than Foodcourt.someone need to look into this rather than telling people places for cheap prices
(02-05-2023, 01:12 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Open food court inside Industrial park surely business is there.

Why? Industrial park got many individual small companies inside obviously got workers, staffs around.
They will not say travel further around to eat partly lunch hour just one hour.

Than come tea break, surely they will just go downstair these food court inside the industrial park to have a quick bit, snack, drinks.

TPY industrial park whereby the SPH located , also the Crap secret lab office also got quite a lot F&B , hawkers operate there.

I agree. Just that I am surprised that the business is also good during evenings when I checked them out some time back. I thought their busiest hours will be breakfast and lunch.
employ all blangla workers ?
(02-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Everything Everywhere Wrote: [ -> ]https://sg.style.yahoo.com/newly-opened-...35813.html

High rentals will kill them faster lah! Big Grin
Food will stuck inside these kind of chairs...not good.
(02-05-2023, 01:23 PM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. Just that I am surprised that the business is also good during evenings when I checked them out some time back. I thought their busiest hours will be breakfast and lunch.

But end of the day, if foods not say nice yet pricey or even the foods is very nice yet price increase so much
Obviously in long run the stall will close shop.
(02-05-2023, 01:38 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]High rentals will kill them faster lah! Big Grin

Rent is one high cost. Wages (of sinkies) is the other.
(02-05-2023, 12:32 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is the young gen mentally will get Screw up. Eat too much process foods.

Not say all rah, come been a hawker. I got one Army friend recently open stall selling Hokkien mee. He used to work under an old hawker selling Hokkien mee.  Can tahan in long run his stall , I don't know. Partly now been hawker also quite competitive.

When you say processed food, it sounds like hotdog, luncheon meat, instant noodles.

I don't see many yang peepur eating these low ses food at restaurants inside shopping malls. They certainly eat way better, and in style and aircon comfort.

Let's not think the hawker food of your generation are healthier. Char kway teow, orh luak, kway chap are not healthy food hor.
(02-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Rent is one high cost. Wages (of sinkies) is the other.

Small kids also know this. Act smart is not good. Laughing
(02-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Rent is one high cost. Wages (of sinkies) is the other.

Nobody can win high rentals lah! Big Grin ALL sure die one lah! Every month you must pay 10s of 1000s can tahan meh?  Thinking
(02-05-2023, 03:32 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Small kids also know this. Act smart is not good. Laughing

Act smart or act blur is not important

Life is short. Do not eat dog food.  Rolleyes

[Image: IMG-20230430-191301.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20230430-193853.jpg]
(02-05-2023, 03:51 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody can win high rentals lah! Big Grin ALL sure die one lah! Every month you must pay 10s of 1000s can tahan meh?  Thinking

I wish to remind you that this is Sgtalk which is not a forum for jiaowei.  Rolleyes
(02-05-2023, 11:53 AM)Everything Everywhere Wrote: [ -> ]https://sg.style.yahoo.com/newly-opened-...35813.html

Who stays at Tai Seng will benefit

So it is not great news

Got money to be made easily, the hawkers will turn up

What's the big deal?
(02-05-2023, 04:00 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]I wish to remind you that this is Sgtalk which is not a forum for jiaowei.  Rolleyes

OK noted lah! Big Grin
(02-05-2023, 12:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]All along like this. Just like 7 eleven why their stuffs is slightly expensive because they operate 24hours.

7 eleven's market is everyone in Singapore including the 40% foreigners.

If you are talking about a FC or HC targetting peepur who will eat traditional Singaporean street food, you can forget about the 40%. Even among the 60% many zoomers and yoomers eat in restaurants because of a risen affluence. They simply can afford to.

So you are left with the PG and MG who are facing all kinds of health problems and can no longer eat like they did 30 or 40 years ago.

It is a small market

Comparing 7 eleven with hawker street food of yesteryears is wrong from the word go. A hawker still selling local street food during the graveyard hours will not raise his price by a "a bit" if he hires a sinkie. He will need to hire jhks and eventually even workers from 3rd world countries to keep his price low.
Pages: 1 2