SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore Navy allow new immigrant become officer but abang adik tak boleh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Times have changed. In my former workplace, a younger Malay is infantry reservist officer. But lucky is infantry not tank or arty officer in charge of heavy damages weaponry officer.
(02-05-2023, 01:32 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3MUvWfddI

:44

How to tell it's new immigrant?
(02-05-2023, 01:50 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]How to tell it's new immigrant?

My last few reservist in that active unit, a lot of NSF are ahtiong second generation sons. Their accents not all can go away.
(02-05-2023, 01:50 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]How to tell it's new immigrant?

hypy surname and no space between name. sinkie cina write our name differently
(02-05-2023, 01:44 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Times have changed. In my former workplace, a younger Malay is infantry reservist officer. But lucky is infantry not tank or arty officer in charge of heavy damages weaponry officer.

long time ago they can be officer liao
(02-05-2023, 02:05 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]long time ago they can be officer liao

During my era back in early 90s they all do police and civil defence. Your era is which year?
Do you know last time Malay don't need do NS ? Only Indian ,Chinese and Eurasian lah.....if remembered clearly..
(02-05-2023, 02:09 PM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know last time Malay don't need do NS ? Only Indian ,Chinese and Eurasian lah.....if remembered clearly..

for a period in the 70s, subsequently can liao
(02-05-2023, 02:07 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]During my era back in early 90s they all do police and civil defence. Your era is which year?

I gen z
(02-05-2023, 02:10 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]I gen z

Then your experience is correct. My experience also correct as my era really dun have lah.
(02-05-2023, 02:02 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]hypy surname and no space between name. sinkie cina write our name differently

New generation of sinkie use hypy name liao lah. R u sure u r a true blue Singaporean?
(02-05-2023, 02:26 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]New generation of sinkie use hypy name liao lah. R u sure u r a true blue Singaporean?

some kept dialect surname hypy name some is full dialect name. even if full hypy name the first name will have a space. only tiong will put their first name together if it's 3 character name
No halal food mah!
(02-05-2023, 02:09 PM)ysh02 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know last time Malay don't need do NS ? Only Indian ,Chinese and Eurasian lah.....if remembered clearly..

Yes in those days because you really don't know which side they are on Big Grin
(02-05-2023, 01:32 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-3MUvWfddI

The lady officer at .34 is tiong or sg?  I know the uniform she wears is RSN but she totally sounds like tiong american accent  Thinking
Also, don't think China totally forgive Sg yet. They sent a ship called Chibi to participate in the recent exercise Laughing
(02-05-2023, 03:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, don't think China totally forgive Sg yet.  They sent a ship called Chibi to participate in the recent exercise Laughing

walan you uncultured. The ship is name after The Battle of Red Cliffs, also known as the Battle of Chibi, was a decisive naval battle in the winter of AD 208–209 at the end of the Han dynasty
(02-05-2023, 03:07 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]The lady officer at .34 is tiong or sg?  I know the uniform she wears is RSN but she totally sounds like tiong american accent  Thinking

tiong that is born in tiongkok come to singapore to study then got a scholarship to study at beekok then comeback work at rsn perhaps?
Just accept lah.pap soon will have these ah tiong ppl.speak engkish like singaporean but once they speak chinese almak dont knownfrom where
Between M ppl and C ppl as our soldiers you all decide. Our Northern neighbor all M ppl soldiers.
(02-05-2023, 04:35 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]walan you uncultured. The ship is name after The Battle of Red Cliffs, also known as the Battle of Chibi, was a decisive naval battle in the winter of AD 208–209 at the end of the Han dynasty

Alamak…. you need to read between the lines tambi Big Grin

What I mean is why purposely send this ship with this name to participate in exercise with Sg. 

China has tonnes of warships but why this one with the special name.  To needle Sg?  Big Grin
(02-05-2023, 04:48 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]tiong that is born in tiongkok come to singapore to study then got a scholarship to study at beekok then comeback work at rsn perhaps?

Hypothetically, if one day if Sg and china ever came to blows… I wonder who she really pledges  her allegiance to Big Grin

The brand of spoken English similar to Shou Zi Chew sial.

VIE. Thumbs_up
(02-05-2023, 01:54 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]My last few reservist in that active unit, a lot of NSF are ahtiong second generation sons. Their accents not all can go away.

I also first Gen Chinese served NS. NS disciplined me well.
(02-05-2023, 01:54 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]My last few reservist in that active unit, a lot of NSF are ahtiong second generation sons. Their accents not all can go away.

Who want to transform SG to another Malaysia or Indonesia? Rotfl
(02-05-2023, 06:21 PM)CHAOS Wrote: [ -> ]Who want to transform SG to another Malaysia or Indonesia? Rotfl

The M ppl can be united by their faith regardless of nationality so it maybe wise to leave some hand behind IMHO
If want to ask where their roots, then most of us who be traced back to China or India or Malaya.

But does it matter? As long as served NS, the person will be a true blue sinkie to me.