SG Talk

Full Version: Vote Iswaran out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just now heard over news that he said prices of COE will not abate. Then when MPs made suggestions he just threw them all out.

Quote:4. Balloting, additional purchase levy
Mr Liang Eng Hwa (Bukit Panjang) asked whether some COEs could be balloted, rather than bid for, while PSP NCMP Hazel Poa asked if a points-based system could be introduced to allocate COEs based on factors such as nationality and needs.

Ms Poa also asked if the authorities would consider introducing a levy for additional vehicle purchases, similar to the additional buyer stamp duty (ABSD) used in the housing market.

Mr Iswaran said a balloting system may aggravate issues related to price and unevenness. “What justifies such a ballot? Who qualifies and how do we do it?” he asked, adding that there are also questions about how to price such balloted COEs as it may lead to a windfall for some.

He said a points-based system is a variation on balloting, and the better way to help those in need is through targeted measures that defray costs.

While he said he was sympathetic to households that either have children or elderly parents that need looking after, tough choices have to be made given the constraints on land use and carbon emissions.

And given the fact that the proportion of households that own multiple cars has remained consistent over the years, Mr Iswaran said the idea of an ABSD scheme for vehicles may be popular but does not address the root of the current problem.
 hxxps://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/vehicle-loan-curbs-levy-on-additional-car-purchases-among-mps-suggestions-to-rein-in-coe-prices

Can this farking ass of a minister tell me what is the root of the problem??!!
how to ? he can hide in a GRC.
I have already said many times, COE is a rotting system, need to replace by balloting system.

Their car lite policy is totally bullshxt.
(08-05-2023, 10:09 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Just now heard over news that he said prices of COE will not abate. Then when MPs made suggestions he just threw them all out.

hxxps://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/politics/vehicle-loan-curbs-levy-on-additional-car-purchases-among-mps-suggestions-to-rein-in-coe-prices

coe system is to generate revenues for PAP.
bid the highest but pay the lowest will always ensure the prices remain high.
i can bid at $1 billions but pay only $100K.

no minister dares to change the coe system because all suggestions will lower the revenues.
PAP may accept suggestions when PAP votes drop to 50%.

or you can vote for a new govt who will promise to change coe system.
Just vote out all the PAP. They are not interested to listen to any suggestions from opposition or peasants. They would only do work when PM Lee asked them to do.
a PAP minister wants to change coe system, he needs to come up with another cashcow to compensate the coe system.

if he changes the coe system and causes a permanent drop of $100 millions in revenues, he needs to think of another new permanent tax of
$100 millions.

do think any PAP minister will risk his/her career to change coe system ?
never, never suggest anything that will cause a drop in govt revenues.
they will come up excuses to reject your suggestions.

you spend 10 days to come up suggestions.
they will spend another 10 days to reject your suggestions.
total of 20 days wasted for nothing.
Vote him out
Vote him out
Vote him out
Vote him out
Vote him out
They put two ministers in West Coast GRC and these are the ones who allow house and car prices to shoot through the roof.

West Coast GRC will fall to the opposition in the next GE.
Smile He seem scare to offend RICH ones.

Partly also he intro F1 , this event a lot Rich ones like to attend.
When you made servants so much richer than the masters, they stop serving others but themselves. A fire under control serves as a great servant. A fire beyond control burns everything just because it can do so...

Blame the voters not the paid actors.
(08-05-2023, 11:37 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Smile He seem scare to offend RICH ones.

Partly also he intro F1 , this event a lot Rich ones like to attend.

I think LKY introduce F1.... rice tycoon Ong BS too!
No solution. Do nothing. Reject proposed ideas.
(08-05-2023, 10:09 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Just now heard over news that he said prices of COE will not abate. Then when MPs made suggestions he just threw them all out.

Money problem lah! Big Grin His pay not enough lah!
This the problem of GRC. Anyway we now can see clearly the quality of our so called leader..
(09-05-2023, 06:38 AM)Rainforest Wrote: [ -> ]This the problem of GRC. Anyway we now can see clearly the quality of our so called leader..

4G leaders are like that one lah! Big Grin What can you expect leh?  Thinking
(09-05-2023, 05:59 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]No solution. Do nothing. Reject proposed ideas.

Sleeping on the job for too long lah. Rotfl
(09-05-2023, 07:43 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Sleeping on the job for too long lah. Rotfl

when cake leng said black is white, you cant win the argument against them. that Y our ancestors often use the term "cake leng kia way"
News reported that he recommended sub- categorising of COE but did not approve his own idea because it does not help those in need of a vehicle.
Hopeless fella. He is past it. His words are smack of laziness. What motivates him to solve this? Nothing! He should be retiring.

Any young minister will find better solutions.
(09-05-2023, 08:29 AM)Wy:Nox Wrote: [ -> ]News reported that he recommended sub- categorising of COE but did not approve his own idea because it does not help those in need of a vehicle.

Rotfl   What a joke
car population need not be zero growth for now.

there are still some room to squeeze.

1. those vehicles that was put in as safety vehicle. those with extra extension at the back. reallythose need not be vehicle. just register as industrial equipment. need ot mvoe jsut call the tow truck and tow a bit can already leow.

2. smooth flow of traffic can allow more vehicles. i think these low cost thing can be done to improve traffic flow.
2.1 example cte . divide the cte into 2. like north bound from before bradell road to after amk ave 5. 1 for those wanting to exit and join. lane 1 and 2 as cte2 . in this way fast flow of vehicle in cte2 increased capacity.
2.2 making as many traffic junctions become a wave of green not like current wave of red.
at each junction, there is onjly about 25% chance of meeting green as there is forward, right turn for each directions. for example if one has to go from amk ave 5 starting junction yck to sengkang hospital. there are 9 junctions. if each junction hit red and wait 1 min that is 9 min to travel a short distance. if lta spend a bit of money and ask vendor to synchronised the traffic light, if not all, 2-3 at as a group is enough to reduce the travel time by half. since no traffic jam then can increased coe quota. daily frustration cause people to blame the government. traveling via tpe is possible but not much time save due to longer distance. it also means more cost on taxi due to longer distance.
other place like amk traveling from ave 1 to ave 9 via ave 6. same same la. red after red after red. synchonised these and save transport time. improve transport productivity at low cost.

3. build more fly over at critical junctions. it is place that jam that matters not just the number of km build each year. like a tunnel for those coming from bukit timah to raffles place. those living ne, east and west has direct access to but not those from cck. property prices are suppress and hdb estate not so desire as transport time are longer.
4. improve the quality of road.. the number of digging and patching back has made singapore looks like 3rd world country road. uneven road slow down traffic. can digging be plan just before resurfacing the road. else make the digger resurface the entire road not just patch back.

5. over cornering up of road by people who need to work on road under the name of safety with no safety improvement.

6.some constructions work on private projects has conveniently block up road to use as part of constructions for their heavy vehicle like crane, cement mixer truck etc. is this correct. why does construction of a project not on the road need to take away the road users benefits of smooth traffic flow.

my thinking only. some may not be true. dyodd
He needs to punish and remove dangerous cyclists from the road by making them pay licence and have a number plate for identification.
(09-05-2023, 10:08 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]He needs to punish and remove dangerous cyclists from the road by making them pay licence and have a number plate for identification.

dun say like that le, although i admit i beat the red light all the time while cycling
DONT WORRY!!!
He and Desmond Lee in West Coast GRC are recipes for LMW’s victory in the next GE!!
The young voters need to know they are voting for their future
They are voting for their children
They are voting for affordable BTO
They are voting foreigners not enjoying able to get COE while they cannot
They are voting OUT a bunch of incompetent ministers!!!

Just because he didn't think it was a good idea, you accuse him of not being opened to suggestions?

You are like a chao gay who "suggests" letting you marry another chao gay, and if the minister says no, you will throw tantrums and tell peepur to vote him out.

Ok lor. We bring RK back happy?  Rolleyes
(09-05-2023, 10:37 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Just because he didn't think it was a good idea, you accuse him of not being opened to suggestions?

You are like a chao gay who "suggests" letting you marry another chao gay, and if the minister says no, you will throw tantrums and tell peepur to vote him out.

Ok lor. We bring RK back happy?  Rolleyes

You love Iswaran?
(09-05-2023, 10:40 AM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]You love Iswaran?

I won't use that word. But if he's in my constituency, he gets my vote.  Rolleyes
There are no solutions to cars and property because the $$$ is just too good so just carry on until Minister's time up and let the next one carries the bomb.
Pages: 1 2