SG Talk

Full Version: Singapore power provider Best Electricity announces exit from market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All r in trouble.
China in Technocracy(TengSiaoPeng) cannot afford expensive coal to supply the supply chains for US corporation now dying in terminal stage.
In Singapore u stay asleep until u hear the Giants like Jurong power station Powerseraya Senoko Tuas power station in trouble then u wake up.
And it becomes worse when u hear Natunas making noises.
Heng I choose SembCorp. Even though I pay higher then the cheaper ones in the past couple of years, in the end now still cheaper than those who have to revert back to SP going forward Laughing
Since govt and ema started this OEM scheme, they must ensure the retailer honour the contract. Cannot allow retailers to bao jiak one; make money continue while loss money void contract. Trade minister must now make a stand as this concern Sg credibility as a business hub.
(20-10-2021, 08:37 AM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Since govt and ema started this OEM scheme, they must ensure the retailer honour the contract. Cannot allow retailers to bao jiak one;  make money continue while loss money void contract. Trade minister must now make a stand as this concern  Sg credibility as a business hub.

Well said, I cannot agree more.... Clapping
(20-10-2021, 08:37 AM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Since govt and ema started this OEM scheme, they must ensure the retailer honour the contract. Cannot allow retailers to bao jiak one;  make money continue while loss money void contract. Trade minister must now make a stand as this concern  Sg credibility as a business hub.
All these are in a big mess by govt creating this initiatives and they shd bear the responsibilities.  I don't believe in such hard sales   tactics on the streets and now they dumped the customers as they liked. They will made lots of wild promises when selling their services and now they never delivered it.  This is very unethical.
The flow of the organization chart (in today's Straits Times) looks so perfect from power sources to power generation to sp group then suddenly split into many middlemen power suppliers that are calling quits as they run road after making huge $m past few years leaving end consumers high and dry. These middlemen incur no penalty for early termination. What stupid contract terms are written to let them escape free? Heard market makers in the sgx futures on ema products cry mother cry father as they kenna hol-land. Sgx created a market for ema power supply for middlemen etc to hedge their positions.
keeps printing money causing goods price to skyrocket. this is difficult for hedging...
(20-10-2021, 08:14 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Heng I choose SembCorp.  Even though I pay higher then the cheaper ones in the past couple of years, in the end now still cheaper than those who have to revert back to SP going forward Laughing

Dont laugh!
You got read the fine print?
杀人生意有人做,亏本生意没人会做的。
(20-10-2021, 10:11 AM)Rainforest Wrote: [ -> ]keeps printing money causing goods price to skyrocket. this is difficult for hedging...

Time to raise rate to fight inflation. 5% enough...
Otherwise who can tahan the high electricity price.

Later see Biden arrows which 倒霉蛋, US Fed chairman to do this job.
Luckily, I transferred my account from Best Electricity to SembCorp Power.

We were enticed to sign up with all these power suppliers because they dangled in front of us of cheaper alternatives. In a way there are savings compared to previous direct account with Sp Power. Going forward it will be pay back time once all these belly up suppliers passed our accounts back to Sp Power at increased market rate price. Water, electricity, rice, sugar, cooking oil, baby milk are basic necessities in our lives and should not be subjected to what market prices going up and down. In fact no gst at all.
Is that another indication that soon it will be back to some gov own corporations. Seems like smaller player doesn't have the appetite to play the game.
(20-10-2021, 11:32 AM)A2Z Wrote: [ -> ]We were enticed to sign up with all these power suppliers because they dangled in front of us of cheaper alternatives. In a way there are savings compared to previous direct account with Sp Power. Going forward it will be pay back time once all these belly up suppliers passed our accounts back to Sp Power at increased market rate price. Water, electricity, rice, sugar, cooking oil, baby milk are basic necessities in our lives and should not be subjected to what market prices going up and down. In fact no gst at all.

I agree, the GST should not be levied on basic necessities such as water, electricity, rice, sugar, cooking oil, and baby milk... Clapping
(20-10-2021, 11:24 AM)webinarian Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily, I transferred my account from Best Electricity to SembCorp Power. 

I thought SembCorp industries are not doing well, and it's share prices are plummeting... Thinking
(20-10-2021, 11:24 AM)webinarian Wrote: [ -> ]Luckily, I transferred my account from Best Electricity to SembCorp Power. 

Very smart move Laughing
(20-10-2021, 11:03 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Dont laugh!
You got read the fine print?
杀人生意有人做,亏本生意没人会做的。

Moral of the story is to look at the holistic picture and not just go for the cheaperest Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I just checked, I am paying cheaper by more than 8cts per kWh (fixed rate) compared to SP's current rate for 24 months till 2023 Big Grin

Anyone got a better rate at the moment?
Now, 20 cents plus. Sign a short period and change later.
alamak
i am using best electric
(20-10-2021, 08:09 AM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/indone...46498.html

In the Asian financial crisis we agree on too much gas from Nutunas such that we have to restructure too quickly.
Now the situation is abt US republic going Communist. Coals and all other prices are going up.
3 gorges dam nuclear power all down.
Only way to take down Satan is US spaceForce using starlin satelite loaded with Quantum computing to shut it all down.
[Image: Screenshot-2021-10-21-at-10-37-13-Deep-S...-Surge.png]
(20-10-2021, 11:41 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, the GST should not be levied on basic necessities such as water, electricity, rice, sugar, cooking oil, and baby milk... Clapping
Precisely. I mentioned this to my frds many times. They shd only imposed GST on those luxury goods and luxury living including fine dining. No GST shd be imposed also on medical.
(21-10-2021, 03:48 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]Precisely. I mentioned this to my frds many times. They shd only imposed GST on those luxury goods and luxury living including fine dining. No GST shd be imposed also on medical.

I am glad to note that we are in the same page.. Clapping
I went for Tuas Power. Not cheapest but wont go kaput
It is pretty clear crazy money printing causing soaring energy price, only big pocket operators can stomach raising cost.

How to operate when cost is higher than income.
The more they supply they more they will lose.
You guys are all traitors! All shall learn from our licking boy SgButt to worry for China first, for his goat daddies!  Laughing
(21-10-2021, 05:09 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]I went for Tuas Power. Not cheapest but wont go kaput

arr I know him Boss Lim kong puay former Powerseraya
Reservist captain
This man is upright and strong
Tuas power is divisified.