SG Talk

Full Version: COE superb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: F39-AF464-29-A2-444-B-AEF6-6271022-A03-D6.jpg]
motorbike aso not cheap.
[Image: Frigid-Altruistic-Germanspaniel.gif]
Willing buyer willing seller. Fair system.
Not so fair, leh.

If LTA can have a hybrid system for COE, that uses the number of households below 12 years old and above 60 years old with annual COE and upfront COE, then it is more fair.
(20-10-2021, 05:59 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]Willing buyer willing seller. Fair system.

Balloting is a fairer system.
Only rich can afford to buy car now.
Where got fair?  Thinking

They shd take out 30%~40% of CAT A COE for for balloting for those middle low income earners without paying COE price.
Can't afford a car? Then blame yourself for being poor. COE is a good system.
Lucky me hoot Cat B year ago just before lockdown that time cheap cheap nia Huaaaaat aghhhh!!!!!
(20-10-2021, 06:07 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Balloting is a fairer system.
Only rich can afford to buy car now.
Where got fair?  Thinking

They shd take out 30%~40% of CAT A COE for for balloting for those middle low income earners without paying COE price.

capitalism does not work well in this manner
PnP just issue a piece of paper and the paper cost $80K for big cars.

Manufacturer got to build the car from raw materials to an assembled car and it profits only a smaller portion of $80K.

Huat ah PnP from poor sinkees
(20-10-2021, 06:52 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]Can't afford a car? Then blame yourself for being poor. COE is a good system.

Later dont see you come here and KPKB when COE spikes to 100k. Rotfl
Since you say it is a good system.

Obviously COE is already out of reach for many youngsters. The intent of COE is to regulate traffic not merely for profiteering.
Something must be done to stop the crazy COE price.
Singaporeans rich leh. Though not as crazy as 2013 or 1994 (COE price reached 6 figures which is ridiculous considering the salaries back then).
(21-10-2021, 06:05 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]Singaporeans rich leh. Though not as crazy as 2013 or 1994 (COE price reached 6 figures which is ridiculous considering the salaries back then).

Many car owners are actually working poor.... crying
More people choose to rent cars....very soon there will be more when gov ban unvax from taking public transport.
COE is becoming higher and spoilt some dreamer now.
Many people are going into gambling to try their luck in striking the jackpot so that they can afford to buy property and or car.

Lousy coe system
(20-10-2021, 05:59 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]Willing buyer willing seller. Fair system.

What kind of fair system is that? if the supply number is squeezed, then the price sure go up. Ask the Minister to maintain the supply number, you see if the price will go up? super chow to squeeze the consumers
it shows that Sgporean are very rich , willing to pay 80k for a piece of paper

so .. its a good thing ...
Can sell my old car to make some profit liao?
They saw the upside of extending restriction …. may rich people with pend up whatever go anyhow spend $$$ …. next CEO bid …. $100k ….. HUAT HAR
For health sake, people want to travel in true private transport. It's money well spent for the middle-class and above.
(21-10-2021, 05:54 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]For health sake, people want to travel in true private transport. It's money well spent for the middle-class and above.

It is amazing to know that for a piece of paper it cost $80K....garment Huat....ah.... Laughing
(21-10-2021, 07:24 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]It is amazing to know that for a piece of paper it cost $80K....garment Huat....ah.... Laughing

Long long ago very near our home, there were 3 old men and had a conversation on how cleber they were

Mah Hai Tier: I bery clever, I spent 10m built factory and sell car to my countryman and I made 100m
Soh Hai Tor: I more bery clever, I spent 5m to buy tractor and cut trees, make timber sell to the world, I made 200m
Lee Con You: Waaaa you spent so much money …. I only have $$ to a computer and a printer … but it made 500m