SG Talk

Full Version: Can refrigerator be repaired if not cold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Freezer cold but main compartment not cold

Can it be repaired ah?
Can..but nobody will want to repair.
Can, but more expensive than buying a new one
(17-05-2023, 10:34 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Freezer cold but main compartment not cold

Can it be repaired ah?

Could be due to the fan and channel drawing cold air from freezer to main compartment. Check if there are ice inside that blocked the channel or stuck the fan. If no, it could be thermostat issue. If there are blockage and fan stuck, you need to off the fridge, take out the stuff and use a hair dryer to accelerate the melting. Do not pack the fridge with a lot of things, it will cause poor circulation and the pre mentioned problem.
It could aso be due to the rubber door gasket. Not cheap to replace
don't repair first.

sometimes it is due to blockage by ice.

what to do?

turn off the fridge, remove everything from the fridge, leave the doors opened for more than 6 hours.

turn on after that. might work again .
repair cost - $300 with guarantee for 3 months on part.

Buy new - S$600 guarantee for 3 yr.
(17-05-2023, 11:02 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]repair cost - $300 with guarantee for 3 months on part.

Which brand are you buying which guarantees for only 3 years?   Rolleyes
(17-05-2023, 11:02 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]repair cost - $300 with guarantee for 3 months on part.

Compressor guarantee for 5 years
(17-05-2023, 11:07 AM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Which brand are you buying which guarantees for only 3 years?   Rolleyes

I guarantee you LIFE-TIME and give you SHIOK SHIOK

Happy now? Ok, Shoo..
(17-05-2023, 10:56 AM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]don't repair first.

what to do?

turn off the fridge, remove everything from the fridge, leave the doors opened for more than 6 hours.

turn on after that.  might work again .

I have a feeling this may work, but let me check with you further..

How come blocked by ice?

The fridge has two temp controls. One is in the Freezer Compartment
The other is in the Main compartment

Does this mean the fridge has 2 thermastats? Or one?
(17-05-2023, 10:56 AM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]don't repair first.

what to do?

turn on after that.  might work again .

Yes, this is standard method to do first. I encountered this a few times and it works.
Buy those fridge that the freezer is on top, not below.
(17-05-2023, 10:35 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Can..but nobody will want to repair.

There is a repair shop at upper paya lebar
(17-05-2023, 11:54 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]There is a repair shop at upper paya lebar

A few lah, check google come up a few already
(17-05-2023, 12:01 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]A few lah, check google come up a few already

That shop has many refurbished fridge and washing machine.
(17-05-2023, 12:12 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]That shop has many refurbished fridge and washing machine.

You got the address?
(17-05-2023, 11:43 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling this may work, but let me check with you further..

How come blocked by ice?

It shouldn't hurt to learn the word 'chiller'.

Usually the top compartment is the freezer while the one below is the chiller. You don't need to prove anymore that you a retard by 
calling that the 'main compartment"   Rolleyes
(17-05-2023, 01:55 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn't hurt to learn the word 'chiller'.

Usually the top compartment is the freezer while the one below is the chiller. You don't need to prove anymore that you a retard by 
calling that the 'main compartment"   Rolleyes

Everyone call that the main compartment and along comes a farking retard says is a chiller

I dont even see that word in my fridge manual

No wonder your whole life eat and sheet with the same hole

I guess u r going to amend my post again and say Noted, as if like masturbating looking at RK's photo, DF
(17-05-2023, 02:02 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone call that the nain comoartment and along comes a farking retard says is a chiller

I guess u r going to amend my post again and say Noted, as if like masturbating looking at RK's photo, DF

It's a helluva waste of timer editing your post when you frequently become a little NERVOUS when writing to me which resulted in all kinds of errors, usually the retarded kind. 

So I shall not do any editing and only make the font a little, just a little, bigger.  Rolleyes
Kaykiang again. A fridge is usually made up of the freezer and the refrigeration compartments. A chiller is a cooling machine.
(17-05-2023, 11:43 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]I have a feeling this may work, but let me check with you further..

How come blocked by ice?

I repair my freezer twice

Repair yourself is farking cheap

Some have two fans and two themastat

If compress spoil change new fridge

Aircon and fridge Compressor farking expensive
(17-05-2023, 02:08 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]It's a helluva waste of timer editing your post when you frequently become a little NERVOUS when writing to me which resulted in all kinds of errors, usually the retarded kind. 

So I shall not do any editing and only make the font a little, just a little, bigger.  Rolleyes
Does not change the substance of my post, unlike yours, which is full of sheet

And why you amend my post again??
Dunno maybe can pump refrigerant like aircon?
(17-05-2023, 02:26 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Does not change the substance of my post, unlike yours, which is full of sheet

And why you amend my post again??

Your post has substance???

Who says so? Your mother?  Rolleyes
(17-05-2023, 10:34 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Freezer cold but main compartment not cold

Can it be repaired ah?

Just change a new one lah. U r very rich wat.  Laughing
OYK going  back to his Schroder days.

This is how he manipulates and distorts other's posting in his quote.
[Image: image.png]

This is the original post
(17-05-2023, 02:02 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone call that the main compartment and along comes a farking retard says is a chiller

Your condenser coil/fan coil is probably very dirty

Switch off the fridge power
Push out your fridge. 
Use paint brush to clean away the dust from the condenser coil/fan coil.

Once your condenser coil is covered with thick layer of dust. The heat exchange to remove heat from the fridge become less efficient.
This also same apply to your aircon if it is not cold. Just need to clean the condenser coil using paint brush or use water hose to spray water into it normally installed outside the aircon ledge.

If spray water, need to do it during rainy day and switch off the aircon main power. Use paint brush is good enough.
(17-05-2023, 02:31 PM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Dunno maybe can pump refrigerant like aircon?

Dont waste $$$
Pump refrigerant is actually bullshxt if your aircon copper piping has no leakage.
might as well buyed new one less headache
Frown
Pages: 1 2