SG Talk

Full Version: Helped Malay uncle to top up ez link card...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No cash option to top up on machine...the guy infront refused to help the Malay uncle claiming his NETS got issue.

I helped him to top up $10 using my card. He was so grateful saying he not educated. 

The authorities should look into making it more user friendly for less savvy people to  top up easily.
(26-05-2023, 05:19 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]No cash option to top up on machine...the guy infront refused to help the Malay uncle claiming his NETS got issue.

I helped him to top up $10 using my card. He was so grateful saying he not educated. 

The authorities should look into making it more user friendly for less savvy people to  top up easily.

I long time no do topup so now the machine no longer take physical dollar notes anymore? Wow digital society they aiming for. Can go mrt control station the staff can help topup with physical dollar notes?
Got lah. There should be at least 1 kiosk that have cash top up. There's an additional slot on the right above the card tapping
(26-05-2023, 05:19 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]No cash option to top up on machine...the guy infront refused to help the Malay uncle claiming his NETS got issue.

next time help top up $100 lah. $10 is alot for them, can feed whole kampung
(26-05-2023, 05:42 PM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Got lah. There should be at least 1 kiosk that have cash top up.  There's an additional slot on the right above the card tapping

Some places don't have.
but a car no need to top up.
With that Old Ezlink card, most ATM machines cannot top up. Have to go to MRT station to Top up. Later then I know that Credit cards also can be used for buses and MRTs.
(26-05-2023, 05:56 PM)XiXiPee Wrote: [ -> ]next time help top up $100 lah. $10 is alot for them, can feed whole kampung

Share with us yr help to them
(26-05-2023, 07:15 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]With that Old Ezlink card, most ATM machines cannot top up. Have to go to MRT station to Top up. Later then I know that Credit cards also can be used for buses and MRTs.

Debit card also can as long as Visa Masters. Amex, Diner Club cannot. Not sure a out UnionPay
Station control fellows can help to top up
(26-05-2023, 07:37 PM)pinkpanther Wrote: [ -> ]Station control fellows can help to top up

Provided they are prepared to use their own NETS or Credit cards first, then get cash from the pax.

$10 only?

Should have topped up more lah!  Big Grin
(26-05-2023, 08:22 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]$10 only?

Should have topped up more lah!  Big Grin

Think lower income uncle, he wanted to  top up only $10.
He has $7 balance.
(26-05-2023, 08:28 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Think lower income uncle, he wanted to  top up only $10.
He has $7 balance.

One point for your kind deed!  Big Grin
This Govt left behind another elderly group.
(26-05-2023, 05:21 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]I long time no do topup so now the machine no longer take physical dollar notes anymore? Wow digital society they aiming for. Can go mrt control station the staff can help topup with physical dollar notes?

Must have lah, there will always be children and visitors. 
Must have back up if digital fail.
u top up for him for free or he must payed u back the $10?
Frown