SG Talk

Full Version: Do you feel angry that you have to serve NS but women & foreigners don’t?’ —
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
‘Do you feel angry that you have to serve NS but women & foreigners don’t?’ — Netizen asks

https://theindependent.sg/do-you-feel-an...izen-asks/
As a true blue Singaporean, I would say it's my honour to protect my country for 2 years and along the way I made lots of Singaporean friends whom I've still kept in touch.
sure we do and we shd , 600K NSMen/NSF dun get angry then something wrong these ppl
what do you get priority/benefit thereafter serving?
in job
in salary increment
in bto
in healthcare
in life in sg?

nope,

foreigners are better in receiving all these than a ns man

Oops....

you do get once in a long long while NS55 vouchers and should be happy like fück
ns is totally useless. now sg no longer for local sgrean. must made all people served rather than own citizen.
(02-06-2023, 12:52 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]sure we do and we shd , 600K NSMen/NSF dun get angry then something wrong these ppl

I think the question is- Do you mind wasting 2 years protecting foreigners?
(02-06-2023, 01:08 PM)KILLjoy Wrote: [ -> ]what do you get priority/benefit thereafter serving?
in job
in salary increment
in bto
in healthcare
in life in sg?

nope,

foreigners are better in receiving all these than a ns man

Oops....

you do get once in a long long while NS55 vouchers and should be happy like fück

If you work in the civil service you do get a salary which is paid to the chabors only in the third year.

BTO is not a benefit as the chabor who marries you is also benefitting. 

As for the private sector, well I don't think employers care if boys did NS and girls didn't. They are only interested in making profits.
(02-06-2023, 04:19 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]I think the question is- Do you mind wasting 2 years protecting foreigners?

They don't need us to protect. Their country will send ships and planes to fetch them out of Singapore and MALAYSIA will not dare open fire until all foreigners have left Singapore. If they dare kill their peepur, they will get a blue black eye from China/ India/ Europe/ US etc

Whom we are protesting are the elderly, the women and the chewren. And our country.
(02-06-2023, 12:28 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]‘Do you feel angry that you have to serve NS but women & foreigners don’t?’ — Netizen asks

https://theindependent.sg/do-you-feel-an...izen-asks/

You want them to serve NS also meh?  Thinking
(02-06-2023, 05:47 PM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]You want them to serve NS also meh?  Thinking

Women should definitely serve NS. They are born and bred here.
(02-06-2023, 04:34 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]They don't need us to protect. Their country will send ships and planes to fetch them out of Singapore and MALAYSIA will not dare open fire until all foreigners have left Singapore. If they dare kill their peepur, they will get a blue black eye from China/ India/ Europe/ US etc

Whom we are protesting are the elderly, the women and the chewren. And our country.

OK. So when there is a war, our citizen boys must ask you if you are Born- Citizen or Foreinger.

If the later, then let the bomb land on you.
NS is not a new problem, the main reason why Tang dynasty and Ming dynasty fall is because their soldiers refuse to die for their country.

Ancient Chinese already mad to do NS, same like today Singaporeans
If women can serve ns, then men can give birth. Or else, shut up.
(02-06-2023, 05:57 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Women should definitely serve NS. They are born and bred here.

Maybe suggest to your MP see how lah! Big Grin
They can serve in the police force...carrying pistol is lighter than carrying a rifle
women can serve as medic/nurses in hospitals since we have shortages of nurses.
(02-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]If you work in the civil service you do get a salary which is paid to the chabors only in the third year.

BTO is not a benefit as the chabor who marries you is also benefitting. 

As for the private sector, well I don't think employers care if boys did NS and girls didn't. They are only interested in making profits.

those in the civil service do benefit from national service but not private sector right?

in this way,

whatever gdp bonuses should be paid to those outside of civil service 

and strictly not to those in the civil service including ministers

afterall ministers' service to nation should not be counted in dollars and cents

it's a privilege and an honor for them serving the republic singapore

in this way
justification of national service is a fair service to all

as for the ♀ ladies

sim ann already answered

[Image: Sunvf.gif]
It is our duty to protect this country. However, the allowance cannot be used to bring bread home while they depend on their parents where some were made jobless by FTs. MND should offer $80,000 housing grant for local men getting a HDB to get married.
(02-06-2023, 08:00 PM)KILLjoy Wrote: [ -> ]those in the civil service do benefit from national service but not private sector right?

in this way,

whatever gdp bonuses should be paid to those outside of civil service 

and strictly not to those in the civil service including ministers

afterall ministers' service to nation should not be counted in dollars and cents

it's a privilege and an honor for them serving the republic singapore

in this way
justification of national service is a fair service to all

as for the ♀ ladies

sim ann already answered

[Image: Sunvf.gif]

It is always in chaotic times that revolutions happen when men and women with certain convictions rise up. If you want this kind of ministers, you need to recreate a British withdrawal of their army from Singapore, a Malaysia which is hostile toward us while we don't have a SAF and don't know how to fight, and the communists in China are trying to fan riots and gore.

We are now living in peace times and let's be realistic. We are lucky to have ministers who took a substantial paycut vis-a-vis their private sector earnings. To expect them to "serve" for peanuts, forget it. Why should they? They don't owe you and me.

So we guys did NS, the chabors didn't. Maybe NS kept Mahathir tame and so the chabors benefitted by being able to always have two years more recognized working experience. And yes two years more earnings compared with the boys' army allowance of about $700 to 1100. What choic do we have with Malaysia being an eternal threat?
(02-06-2023, 08:55 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]It is always in chaotic times that revolutions happen when men and women with certain convictions rise up. If you want this kind of ministers, you need to recreate a British withdrawal of their army from Singapore, a Malaysia which is hostile toward us while we don't have a SAF and don't know how to fight, and the communists in China are trying to fan riots and gore.

We are now living in peace times and let's be realistic. We are lucky to have ministers who took a substantial paycut vis-a-vis their private sector earnings. To expect them to "serve" for peanuts, forget it. Why should they? They don't owe you and me.

So we guys did NS, the chabors didn't. Maybe NS kept Mahathir tame and so the chabors benefitted by being able to always have two years more recognized working experience. And yes two years more earnings compared with the boys' army allowance of about $700 to 1100. What choic do we have with Malaysia being an eternal threat?

Malaysia can't even keep its own house in order let alone be a threat to anyone LOL

The REAL threat to Singapore is CECAland and CECAs like you!
(02-06-2023, 09:00 PM)aiptasia Wrote: [ -> ]Malaysia can't even keep its own house in order let alone be a threat to anyone LOL

The REAL threat to Singapore is CECAland and CECAs like you!

[Image: IMG-20230501-WA0012.jpg]
(02-06-2023, 12:45 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]As a true blue Singaporean, I would say it's my honour to protect my country for 2 years and along the way I made lots of Singaporean friends whom I've still kept in touch.

You were in a different situation as compared to those going to top US or UK University and to Oxford School of Medicine and London School of Economics.
(02-06-2023, 06:26 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]OK. So when there is a war, our citizen boys must ask you if you are Born- Citizen or Foreinger.

If the later, then let the bomb land on you.

What are you on about here? Are you on expired weeds? You are writing incoherently.
(02-06-2023, 12:45 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]As a true blue Singaporean, I would say it's my honour to protect my country for 2 years and along the way I made lots of Singaporean friends whom I've still kept in touch.

Russians try to escape conscription as Putin launches fresh attacks on Ukraine..

Good examples
(02-06-2023, 05:57 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Women should definitely serve NS. They are born and bred here.

One Artillery Battalion of women
(02-06-2023, 09:22 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]One Artillery Battalion of women

Combat engineer much better for them
(02-06-2023, 09:18 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Russians try to escape conscription as Putin launches fresh attacks on Ukraine..

Good examples

Good examples of what? Singapore will only defend not attack.
Forget about NS - a total waste of time and $$$

Singapore can afford professional soldiers.

Similar like employing a Gurkhas Battalion
(02-06-2023, 09:25 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Good examples of what? Singapore will only defend not attack.

Is it Defending HDBs which is fair to plummet to zero value?
(02-06-2023, 09:25 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Good examples of what? Singapore will only defend not attack.

Don't be so gullible, bro..

Unless you got asset more than $10 mio worth to defend otherwise forget it.

"Have you seen the old man
Outside the seaman's mission?
Memory fading with
The medal ribbons that he wears
In our winter city
The rain cries a little pity
For one more forgotten hero
And a world that doesn't care"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5