SG Talk

Full Version: nowadays any 4 room flat rental could easily fetch $4K, why still need to work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea lor that why a lot go JB spend
Holiday etc no need work
Jb aso not bad. Rent out sgd 4k, get a nice condo unit for rm 3k, still hv sgd 3k left
(04-06-2023, 10:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Jb aso not bad. Rent out sgd 4k, get a nice condo unit for rm 3k, still hv sgd 3k left

BKK condo more value for money, and the city more exciting than JB. 
SGd$500-600 would probably NOT able to get something like the following in JB

https://youtu.be/ZLAK2A2W_IQ
https://youtu.be/0JxiXqMOmGM
(04-06-2023, 10:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Jb aso not bad. Rent out sgd 4k, get a nice condo unit for rm 3k, still hv sgd 3k left

u cant suka suka rent out the whole flat  take advantage of the rental diff to enjoy life in jb

there are rules to justify that u can do so  like whole family working in overseas etc
that is as long as u are not possible to stay in dpore w a valid reaon only then can rent out the whole flat
(05-06-2023, 02:02 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]u cant suka suka rent out the whole flat  take advantage of the rental diff to enjoy life in jb

there are rules to justify that u can do so  like whole family working in overseas etc
that is as long as u are not possible to stay in dpore w a valid reaon only then can rent out the whole flat

This is assume you report to HDB to rent out your HDB flat. A lot of ppl never report so can siam pay taxes for those rental income. Non-HDB no problem.
(05-06-2023, 02:30 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]This is assume you report to HDB to rent out your HDB flat. A lot of ppl never report so can siam pay taxes for those rental income. Non-HDB no problem.

risky
in the sense that though u are on gd relation w yr neighbours up down besides to n below
what 1 dy any thing happen to them like roberyy or murder or deatdh is police case all staying nesrby will be check 
then hdb come to know

or yr tenants may create scene that others report to [police n hdb

that is how get caught

whole flat riskbeing taken back by hdb

penny wise pound foolish be careful n weigh the gain n loss
(05-06-2023, 04:13 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]risky
in the sense that though u are on gd relation w yr neighbours up down besides to n below
what 1 dy any thing happen to them like roberyy or murder or deatdh is police case all staying nesrby will be check 
then hdb come to know

or yr tenants may create scene that others report to [police n hdb

that is how get caught

whole flat riskbeing taken back by hdb

penny wise pound foolish be careful n weigh the gain n loss

Those that never report may not be renting whole flat out. They could be staying in the same flat just rent the spare rooms out. So for those issues you mention the owner can ensure and minimize the risks.
me rented out my BTO 4 bedroom unit for S$5K to an Japanese family of 4 since beginning of the yr.

now staying in a rented 1 bedroom unit for S$1,200.
(05-06-2023, 04:38 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]me rented out my BTO 4 bedroom unit for S$5K to an Japanese family of 4 since beginning of the yr.

now staying in a rented 1 bedroom unit for S$1,200.

Did you report to HDB you rent whole flat out? My mum report to HDB as want to rent whole flat out and it is subject to tax for the rental income. So rental over one year need to factor in taxes?
Hv to pay non owner occupied property tax which is getting higher, and aso tax on rental income as personal tax.
(05-06-2023, 04:49 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Did you report to HDB you rent whole flat out? My mum report to HDB as want to rent whole flat out and it is subject to tax for the rental income. So rental over one year need to factor in taxes?

only naive kumgong sinkies will report to hdb.
(05-06-2023, 04:57 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote: [ -> ]only naive kumgong sinkies will report to hdb.

Then it is my earlier post no report lor but just don't get caught like neighbor complain etc
Anyone knows if 2 room flat Can rent out one room to 3 or 4 people?

What is the limit?
If rented out and no report, no need to pay taxes, very smart loh.

If kena caught and confiscated, then act blur and say duno the rules loh.
(05-06-2023, 05:27 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone knows if 2 room flat Can rent out one room to 3 or 4 people?

What is the limit?

Can rent out whole flat to <= 4.

Room renting cannot.