SG Talk

Full Version: OKY warns against selective data on vaccinated Covid-19 patients in ICU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/on...vaccinated

Health Minister Ong Ye Kung dismissed the selective quoting of data on the Covid-19 situation here by people who send inaccurate WhatsApp messages and said that such actions are “misleading” and “a disservice to the people”.

He was referring to viral WhatsApp messages where people want the Ministry of Health (MOH) to “come clean” on the reasons why 40 per cent of beds in intensive care units (ICUs) are filled by fully vaccinated Covid-19 patients, when they are supposed to be protected from severe infection.

I think such selective quoting of data — 40 per cent of ICU beds occupied by vaccinated individuals, therefore vaccines don't work — I think this is selective use of data to mislead people. And it's a disservice to people,” Mr Ong, co-chair of the Government’s Covid-19 task force, said during a press conference on Saturday (Oct 23).
Will they kena pofma?
(24-10-2021, 10:31 AM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]Will they kena pofma?

That could be a possibility, when MIW are desperate to curb infection numbers to single digits..... Clapping
So is 40 per cent of ICU beds occupied by vaccinated individuals???  Yes or No ? That's all we need to know.
(24-10-2021, 10:52 AM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]So is 40 per cent of ICU beds occupied by vaccinated individuals???  Yes or No ? That's all we need to know.

The MIW wants to keep this information close to their chests.......
I agree on his maths if 99% of people are vaccinated and half the people in ICU is vaxed and the other half is unvaxed ...it means being unvaxed is very dangerous.

This type of bad maths is like in mark Lee in a movie he was asked what is chance of winning 4D ...he said 50-50....because it can come out or don't come out...2 possibilities
There are mathematically-inclined people, with good intention or wicked intentions.
There are also NOT-SO-mathematically-inclined people, with good intention or wicked intentions.

There are mathematically-inclined people, with harmful intentions, and they can come out with nonsense that can mislead the NOT-SO-mathematically-inclined people. Consequence in this case is LIFE and DEATH.
So, support OYK's warnings against people INTENTIONALLY spreading wrong information.

Same time, would request MOH itself to share information and not withhold any key data
Is good thry put 4g to manage crisis
All along we thought oyk most experienced
But more and more we see his true color
He simply not up to the mark
Not just covid, how he stated his position in Parliament on foreign talent issue, is clear, he's a kpi guy, not so much into peoples hardship 民生问题
and he's very rich man also, already, i think he should change his mentality, not just offer lip service about he worried about those who died in media, but did nothing about it in in reality, is artificial, because peoples still die everyday
We do not want another calvin cheng in charge
Your parent die is their choice, but your own parent fell sick is big deal, this kind of mentality should stop, put yoyr kpi and bonus aside for greater good, is already 1 month, still peoples die, you can see his lack of emotion in press conference
Like daniel craig said, who will be next james bonds is not my problem, we don't want minister turning this into Hollywood playground
Is so unfortunate
so those who are poor in math must resign to whatever thrown at them
(24-10-2021, 11:32 AM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]so those who are poor in math must resign to whatever thrown at them

OYK's post is relevant to those good in maths with unwholesome intentions, for whatever agenda.

Poor in maths are resigned to be recipients...
It's NOT good math, or bad math, BOZO!

It's COMMON SENSE!

Do you need me to spell it out for you or no need?
I always heard rumours, those so call Scholars in SAF actually not good in Maths tactically in real world situation despite they so call " score well in their study "
Same lah. How do you know those data on Covid-19 they release to you are not selective also?...... Rolleyes
(24-10-2021, 10:56 AM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]The MIW wants to keep this information slose to their chests.......
The public hv every right to know and query on such relevant question.  There is nothing wrong for bringing up this query.  At end of the day, we all know their answers are all standardised as usual. A person who does not have an accountability will loose integrity and trust at heart.
I tot he is the one using 'selective' data to make his mtf liik 'competance
(24-10-2021, 12:37 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]The public hv every right to know and query on such relevant question.  There is nothing wrong for bringing up this query.  At end of the day, we all know their answers are all standardised as usual. A person who does not have an accountability will loose integrity and trust at heart.

You may say they will lose their integrity and trust if there is no accountability.....but year in year out they still command million dollar remuneration... Angry
(24-10-2021, 01:25 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]You may say they will lose their integrity and trust if there is no accountability.....but year in year out they still command million dollar remuneration... Angry
They don't deserved it at all.  Not even a single cent.  Becos they never put their hand at their heart.  One day, when the right time comes, they will loose everything.
(24-10-2021, 01:12 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote: [ -> ]I tot he is the one using 'selective' data to make his mtf liik 'competance

If PAP don't want people to be selective in their conclusion, then behave like Developed Country, lor.

Even HK MOH websites ( yes, around 3 of their websites)  is 5 times much better than stupid SG MOH.

Data in Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) | DATA.GOV.HK
(24-10-2021, 01:53 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]They don't deserved it at all.  Not even a single cent.  Becos they never put their hand at their heart.  One day, when the right time comes, they will loose everything.

Meanwhile what will happen to these ministers...? Thinking