SG Talk

Full Version: Where to park your savings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Under my pillow.
I love T-Bills .... almost every month I apply ... always get ... nice kopi $$$
(22-06-2023, 01:45 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]I love T-Bills .... almost every month I apply ... always get ... nice kopi $$$

Today auction..
(22-06-2023, 02:25 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Today auction..

Yupe, result out. 3.89%  Rotfl Clapping
(22-06-2023, 01:45 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]I love T-Bills .... almost every month I apply ... always get ... nice kopi $$$

how it works
why u all dont put hsbc
me put all my cash in a Tye Hong Biscuit tin and hide underneath my bed, very safe and no worry kena hack or scam.
(22-06-2023, 02:32 PM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]how it works

My online bank ... click click ...done. A few days later, if I kenna they pass me my 3.89% of my principle. Wait for 6mths, MAS return my principle, apply again. Easy risk free money
(22-06-2023, 02:32 PM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]why u all dont put hsbc

how many % return
How do you get to apply for it?
(22-06-2023, 03:23 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get to apply for it?

I go to my online banking lor ... look for investment then Government bonds, all 3 SG banks have
In D9 and D15.
Now I am recycling my principal, which I borrowed/invested with the Gov 6mths ago.  Big Grin
Just nice for short holiday nearby  nudie
(22-06-2023, 03:32 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]I go to my online banking lor ... look for investment then Government bonds, all 3 SG banks have
So, bank wil auto deduct from yr acct, rite? What is the duration of the T-bills and do the bank website quote the interest rate?
(22-06-2023, 03:41 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]So, bank wil auto deduct from yr acct, rite? What is the duration of the T-bills and do the bank website quote the interest rate?

Yupe direct deduct ...no fees somemore
Duration go check MAS website
(22-06-2023, 02:32 PM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]how it works

the T-bills are traded if i'm not wrong...........so value will go up and down...............the interests you get might now cover any losses............
(22-06-2023, 03:46 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]the T-bills are traded if i'm not wrong...........so value will go up and down...............the interests you get might now cover any losses............

Nope ... after 6mths get back the full amount. Traded or not, not sure.
Smile
Saving plan from insurance company.
(22-06-2023, 03:33 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]In D9 and D15.

What's your view on the market? Any correction in % terms and time frame?
(22-06-2023, 06:44 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]What's your view on the market? Any correction in % terms and time frame?

[Image: Screenshot-20230622-190725-Chrome.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20230622-190009-Chrome.jpg]

All look positive
(22-06-2023, 03:46 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]the T-bills are traded if i'm not wrong...........so value will go up and down...............the interests you get might now cover any losses............

Always hold to maturity.  T Bills are always very illiquid and guaranteed to make a loss if you don’t hold to maturity.
Actually only 3.88% interest given 
6 months fast to end
(22-06-2023, 07:44 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Always hold to maturity.  T Bills are always very illiquid and guaranteed to make a loss if you don’t hold to maturity.

Yupe, use your spare cash. Make sure 6mths no use one
(22-06-2023, 02:51 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]My online bank ... click click ...done. A few days later, if I kenna they pass me my 3.89% of my principle. Wait for 6mths, MAS return my principle, apply again. Easy risk free money

Can subscribe as much as we want or it's limited just like SSB?
(22-06-2023, 10:43 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Can subscribe as much as we want or it's limited just like SSB?

Up to 1 million per tranche
(23-06-2023, 12:02 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Up to 1 million per tranche

I read somewhere that there's one kind that needs bidding and one that doesn't? If so, which one to go for?
(23-06-2023, 12:04 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere that there's one kind that needs bidding and one that doesn't? If so, which one to go for?

You can choose Competitive Bid or Non Competitive Bid.  At its simplest level, NC Bid means you get whatever the Cut Off Yield COY is for your entire allotment.  There is a cut off quota of 40% for NC bidders at each auction.  If the overall NC bids are over 40% then your allotment will be pro-rated.  The C bid means if your bid is below the COY you will be allotted everything.  If it is exactly at the COY then your allotment will also be pro-rated.

If you are using CPF, best to go for the C bid.  Just in case a NC bid the COY is very low may even be worse than CPF rate taking into account the forgone 7 or 8 months no interest from CPF.
(23-06-2023, 12:16 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]You can choose Competitive Bid or Non Competitive Bid.  At its simplest level, NC Bid means you get whatever the Cut Off Yield COY is for your entire allotment.  There is a cut off quota of 40% for NC bidders at each auction.  If the overall NC bids are over 40% then your allotment will be pro-rated.  The C bid means if your bid is below the COY you will be allotted everything.  If it is exactly at the COY then your allotment will also be pro-rated.

If you are using CPF, best to go for the C bid.  Just in case a NC bid the COY is very low may even be worse than CPF rate taking into account the forgone 7 or 8 months no interest from CPF.

For C bid how do u know what price to bid at? By looking at past bids?
(23-06-2023, 01:02 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]For C bid how do u know what price to bid at? By looking at past bids?

Yes you can look at the past historical data from MAS website.
Pages: 1 2