SG Talk

Full Version: A woman fatally shot an Uber driver. She wrongly thought she was being kidnapped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting more dangerous for private hire drivers.

yesterday

EL PASO, Texas (AP) — A Kentucky woman has been accused of fatally shooting her West Texas Uber driver after mistakenly believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico

Phoebe Copas remained jailed Sunday in El Paso, Texas, after being charged with murder last week in the death of 52-year-old Daniel Piedra Garcia.

The shooting took place on June 16 as Piedra was driving Copas to a location in far southeast El Paso. Copas, who is from Tompkinsville, Kentucky, was in El Paso visiting her boyfriend

During the ride, Copas saw traffic signs that read “Juarez, Mexico,” according to an arrest affidavit. El Paso is located on the U.S.-Mexico border across from Juarez.

Believing she was being kidnapped and taken to Mexico, Copas is accused of grabbing a handgun from her purse and shooting Piedra in the head

https://apnews.com/article/uber-murder-d...86723adf88
More info with photos of both passenger and driver: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/uber-passenger...48891.html
Blame the stupid country for having guns for every Tom, Dick and Hairy in the first place Laughing
That is part of my vocation hazard.
For those traveling to US remember to buy life insurance, you never know anyone can just shoot you dead..
(28-06-2023, 12:44 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Blame the stupid country for having guns for every Tom, Dick and Hairy in the first place Laughing

I would also blame the passenger for not checking out El Paso first before going there to meet her boyfriend. She would have gotten some info about it such as it is RIGHT NEXT TO MEXICO. She would not have panicked and thought she was being kidnapped and killed the driver if she did some info checking.

I would, to a lesser extent,  blame the schools too for not teaching US local geography better.