SG Talk

Full Version: Shanmugam once predicted SG "will never be the same" without LKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
8 years after Lee's passing, we now know what he meant given now we know how much the Minister of Home Affairs and Law was/is involved behind national embarrassments from Oxley Road to Ridout Road saga.  No conflict of interest ? Let the future Historian decide like how we look back how SG had changed over the years since 2015.

Quote:2015- Shan said: "As he (LKY) lay in hospital, on life support, I began to think of what I had never wanted to accept: that we are likely to lose Mr Lee. Each time I think about him now, I tear. Each time I read a tribute to him, I choke. It is difficult to describe in words, the grief I feel."

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/singap...-shanmugam
LKY - 2 PAP members convicted for corruption.

LHL - 2 PAP members involved in extramarital affairs.
2 PAP members involved in Ridout rental saga.
the truth is that LKY has sixth sense
he can see problems

like how he escape the japanese Army

The next day, Mr Lee tried to leave the centre through the exit point, but the Japanese soldier on duty told him to join a group of young Chinese gathered nearby.

Feeling instinctively that this was ominous, Mr Lee asked if he could collect his belongings first. The soldier gave permission and Mr Lee took off. He did not return.

the son do not have this talent
(29-06-2023, 10:30 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]the truth is that LKY has sixth sense
he can see problems like how he escape the japanese Army
The next day, Mr Lee tried to leave the centre through the exit point, but the Japanese soldier on duty told him to join a group of young Chinese gathered nearby.
Feeling instinctively that this was ominous, Mr Lee asked if he could collect his belongings first. The soldier gave permission and Mr Lee took off. He did not return.
.....the son do not have this talent

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...e-kuan-yew
(29-06-2023, 10:51 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...e-kuan-yew

it is Mr Lee who saw the problem first 

Feeling instinctively that this was ominous, Mr Lee asked if he could collect his belongings first.
(29-06-2023, 10:58 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]it is Mr Lee who saw the problem first  Feeling instinctively that this was ominous, Mr Lee asked if he could collect his belongings first.

...and LKY's "sixth sense" knew who to trust...
(29-06-2023, 11:10 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]...and LKY's "sixth sense" knew  who to trust...

do you know a lot of young chnese were shot dead cause they did not know that they would be massacred

and LKY escape cause he  sensed and Felt something was wrong

the problem with you is that  if you come across a talented guy, you do not know whether he is a fake one or not

in the pentagon "school of intelligence and espionage" we were taught how to look for one
(29-06-2023, 11:15 PM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]do you know a lot of young chnese were shot dead cause they did not know that they would be massacred
and LKY escape cause he  sensed and Felt something was wrong the problem with you is that  if you come across a talented guy, you do not know whether he is a fake one or not
in the pentagon "school of intelligence and espionage" we were taught how to look for one

It does not take a "talented guy" to notice how words from a snake fails to match its deed and behaviour.
LKY "escape" many of the fate that Chinese men met at Changi beach in 1942 is because he trusted a Rickshaw puller with his life - He admitted that on a TV interview.

That "sixth sense" of knowing whom to trust also in someway protected himself during his political career. Spoting a snake takes not just instinct, what a life time of learning human weaknesses.
LKY is able to escape because he was blessed lah. He's destined to lead Singapore as its first PM.
crocodile tears. LKY time. a minister committed suicide due to the honor he felt and the shame he had the morals to feel.
LHL time? a minister tells you he paid market rate rental ( when a 15000dq ft neighbor's rent is 65Kpm and his 300000sqft next door is 26.5K pm ) he has no shame , no honor. no morals.
LKY can smoke his way thru as ppl were uneducated in the 60s,70s. Nowadays even the teenager know you are lying thru your teeth lah.
Shamelesscunt. 上梁不正下梁歪. The corruption free reputation of the nation destroyed by the slime
(29-06-2023, 11:25 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]It does not take a "talented guy" to notice how words from a snake fails to match its deed and behaviour.
LKY "escape" many of the fate that Chinese men met at Changi beach in 1942 is because he trusted a Rickshaw puller with his life - He admitted that on a TV interview.

That "sixth sense" of knowing whom to trust also in someway protected himself during his political career. Spoting a snake takes not just instinct, what a life time of learning human weaknesses.

fark you

if he did not felt he is in danger
he would have followed the japanese order for screening and thinking he would be cleared cause he never took part in any anti japanese activities.

instead he went back to koh and hide there.

at that time the japanese did not mention that chinese who failed screening will get shot
and most young chinese went to the center hoping that they would get cleared and go home
Quote:[font=Visby CF]Each time I think about him now, I tear. Each time I read a tribute to him, I choke. It is difficult to describe in words, the grief I feel."[/font]

He openly tells others he cries.when LKY lays on the hospital.bed dying. Its one thing tk do it then another to say it so others know.
Stop screening politics meeting as it is meaningless at time for me.
(29-06-2023, 11:10 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]...and LKY's "sixth sense" knew  who to trust...
To trust this own son, the elderly one and on the other son.
To trust his own son, the elderly one and not the other son....
[Image: E4-Ety-N3-1.gif]
(29-06-2023, 11:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]LKY is able to escape because he was blessed lah. He's destined to lead Singapore as its first PM.
Yes...a note of thk. Luck play a part. One in 1 million chances and he used it for one time. That time, this save his Life. Yes...blessed. Nervous
(30-06-2023, 08:55 AM)FangFang Wrote: [ -> ]Stop screening politics meeting as it is meaningless at time for me.
This pic for you.

[Image: Screenshot-20230628-101517-Whats-App.jpg]
(30-06-2023, 11:23 AM)Tee tiong huat Wrote: [ -> ]To trust this own son, the elderly one and on the other son.

if he trust his own son
then why he  give PM post to goh and not his son
Without LKY, shan knows he won't be asked to commit suicide, like teh cheang wan.
(30-06-2023, 12:25 AM)grotesqueness Wrote: [ -> ]fark you
if he did not felt he is in danger he would have followed the japanese order for screening and thinking he would be cleared cause he never took part in any anti japanese activities. ...The next day, Mr Lee tried to leave the centre through the exit point, but the Japanese soldier on duty told him to join a group of young Chinese gathered nearby.
...instead he went back to koh and hide there.at that time the japanese did not mention that chinese who failed screening will get shot
and most young chinese went to the center hoping that they would get cleared and go home

Huh? Why you suddenly sound angry after I commented "Spotting a Snake takes not just instinct, what a life time of learning human weaknesses." ?

And this is based on the simple FACT after Shan himself told ST about his (crocodile) tears on LKY passing ?

Big Grin
Ya ... Long awaiting to kick in the rentals with the prediction
(30-06-2023, 07:48 PM)Alice Alicia Wrote: [ -> ]Without LKY, shan knows he won't be asked to commit suicide, like teh cheang wan.

LKY himself read out Teh's suicide note in Parliament after he was under CPIB investigation.
That Letter itself is powerful reminder that some of the ministers from the Pioneer Generation will take their shame to the grave over corruption.
I am not so sure such self-accountability and honour-shame character exist in our ruling class today.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/t...stigations
(29-06-2023, 11:35 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]LKY is able to escape because he was blessed lah. He's destined to lead Singapore as its first PM.
I didnt know you so naive but there has always been a little hint here and there

So, let me remind you that LKY was an interpreter, a special class that has no ration quota, but of course we rather believe heroic and blessed tales, correct or not
(30-06-2023, 10:26 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt know you so naive but there has always been a little hint here and there

So, let me remind you that LKY was an interpreter, a special class that has no ration quota, but of course we rather believe heroic and blessed tales, correct or not

It's not that I'm naive but I believe in "fate". If you look around you and observe, you'd realized that many things are fated. If you're not meant to have something no matter how much you try and how talented you are you'll never get it. But for those who are destined to have it, they'd get it even though they're untalented.
(30-06-2023, 10:33 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that I'm naive but I believe in "fate". If you look around you and observe, you'd realized that many things are fated. If you're not meant to have something no matter how much you try and how talented you are you'll never get it. But for those who are destined to have it, they'd get it even though they're untalented.

What you said holds the truth in context where you share you own belief system from what you have observed, but if you use this belief system of yours to explain LKY's life, then you will have to hear his own beliefs and whether he believes in fate or not

I would hassle a guess that LKY is born to lead and live an extraordinary life, and his principles dictate his way of handling things

Like for example, opportunity knocks on the door of one who is prepared and we call it luck as an observer looking in
A PAPrable. Tales for Midnight Children
(Part 1)
The Lion King died 8 years ago leaving his son to take over the lair. It is clear that this effete and useless son is making a mess of it. He likes to shoot arrows aimlessly into the air and at his colleagues too. He has named 2 hyenas to help him guard the licentious lair. His big mistake is to empower one of the hyenas to wear 2 crowns to run the powderful Law and the Home Affairs Ministry. The other hyena is a senior Jackal type whom he trots out like a spare tire whenever he needs someone to review something like 38 Oxley Cart.

The problem with the slick forked tongue hyena is his greed. He not only has a hidden harem but he is now climbing over the head of the Lion King's son by bullshitting about a big patch of jungle which nobody wanted. So he together with a younger hyena decided to take over that patch of the colonial jungle and clear it for their own use.
Part II But the problem with this miniscule jungle measuring only 720 square kilometers is that nothing can remain a secret for long. So one day a very inquisitive chimpanzee climbed up a very tall tree to investigate the noisy bulldozers excavating the ancient trees to build a swimming pool and tennis court for the 2 hyenas. As an aboreal tree loving animal the chimpanzee was aghast and started sending smoke signals through the length and breath of the kingdom about this gross violation of the sacred code of conduct which they have been sworn to. They all promise not to be corrupt. But after the lion king passed away that code of conduct becomes meaningless.

Once the chimpanzee's message went through all the animals from the giraffes to the elephants the jackals rhinoceros otters crocodiles and the white handed gibbons became very agitated heard about the destruction of their habitat.

But unfortunately they cannot do very much about it because they have been duped bought over and caged for too long. They cannot even stage a one animal march from the city hall to the zoo.

So what they did was to take to singing. They sing every hour of the day from May 6th till now without stopping. Their favorite song was "Stop the Rot" and "Give us back our cotton and our Land". Another song hitting the hit parade is "Falling From the 1st to the Third World ". This song is of course referring to the exiling of the second son of the Lion King by the useless and effete first son. These kind of third world tactics only happen in Thailand and in the Philippines but not in the First World of Sinkapoora.

Comes July this jungle Kingdom will be holding its Talk Shop about the code of conduct of the two hyenas and the illegal chopping down of the forest cover and the renting of forest land without going through due process. The spare tire hyena is not expected to do very much. His job is just to put up a mock show.

But for the 10 opposition + 2 querulous animals who love to sink their teeth into the Archilles heels of the hyenas they are not going to take it easy because the future is at stake. So they may even call for a vote of no confidence about the review itself. They will call for a proper Parliamentary Select Committee to be set up comprising of High Court judges chief valuers of land as well as the Leader of the Opposition to look into this possible violation of the Code of Conduct of Ministers as laid down by the Command of the President of the Animal Congress.

Given the growing fear n nervousness spreading in the Animal Congress in July there will be huge calls for the resignation of the erring hyenas. But of course they will not do so. Die die they will stick to their guns but the net result of the Ridout Gate is they have blown a huge hole into the armor of the animals in white.

Lowinsky
seems like shan's motivation to be in govt is oldman so he'll protect what oldman has built.
(30-06-2023, 11:44 PM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]seems like shan's motivation to be in govt is oldman so he'll protect what oldman has built.

One of the main cause of corruption is when pple cannot get their priority right when in position of power.
Pages: 1 2