SG Talk

Full Version: This carousell should just close shop , always a place for scammer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not called carouHELL for nothing
See their board of Directors can die

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...rn-2179581
Never profitable since the start

If I were the CEO, Carousell will be Top 5 global brands by now
Their free pay on seeing the good is better. Most people will post new and brand new. On looking, they are a few years old. Imagine a book that is already brown-in-colour but brand new. But it is worth buying because after reading you can throw it away.

Some never use, it is hard to believe.

Carousell Protection can result in you losing money.
me only interested in their free items.
Without Carousell, scammers would still make use of other platforms
(06-07-2023, 07:24 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This time scammer act as buyer
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/w...00-instead

Quote:Speaking to The Straits Times, Ms Lee said DBS contacted her on June 23 to assure her that its team had followed up on her case, and the money she lost would be returned to her account in three to five days.

She said she received the full amount on the same day, and was immensely grateful for the bank’s assistance.

I find this hard to believe the story

DBS will not be able to stop anything if the money already transferred out
Use Lazada lah
(06-07-2023, 08:29 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Never profitable since the start

If I were the CEO, Carousell will be Top 5 global brands by now

not true.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wh...is-startup
(06-07-2023, 08:25 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]See their board of Directors can die

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...rn-2179581

SG butt fav Mr loo claim he so call “ used to teach them as startup “ lol
(06-07-2023, 08:54 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]Without Carousell, scammers would still make use of other platforms

FYI carousell is different.
Is a place for individuals selling their stuffs

In fact Amazon also but in the way Amazon why safe because they are strict and do check any frauds etc

Whereas carousell security still not there
They do claim so call scan every seller and buyer but u can see so may Fake luxury items stuffs selling inside.
(06-07-2023, 09:25 PM)Nyvrem Wrote: [ -> ]not true.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wh...is-startup

What you mean not true?

It was never profitable!
Carousell is much like ebay, only it is localized to Sinkiepoor

And ebay can do a much better job, only that is began to charge a fee for listing

If not, there is really no place for Carousell to thrive at all

Nothing farking special abt Carousell

But I sell my stuff there more successfully than at ebay, because Buyers are looking for lowball bargains there, unlike ebay
(06-07-2023, 09:38 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]FYI carousell is different.
Is a place for individuals selling their stuffs

In fact Amazon also but in the way Amazon why safe because they are strict and do check any frauds etc

Whereas carousell security still not there
They do claim so call scan every seller and buyer but u can see so may Fake luxury items stuffs selling inside.

There're aso fb marketplace, telegram, and many more. Stopping Carousell is of not much use
I sold my stuff in carousell so many times, no problem at all…
不懂易经真糟糕! 
Real buyers and fake buyers, 傻傻的分不清楚。
(06-07-2023, 10:12 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote: [ -> ]There're aso fb marketplace, telegram, and many more. Stopping Carousell is of not much use

Telegram?

Example? Link?
(06-07-2023, 10:42 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Telegram?

Example? Link?

It's an app can be downloaded from google play. Very popular among ppl with same interests, organising protests/riots, trading/investments and ofc scammers
so far I get more than 10 item like winter clothing, shoes, cups etc etc free from kind hearted sellers.
(06-07-2023, 09:56 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Carousell is much like ebay, only it is localized to Sinkiepoor

And ebay can do a much better job, only that is began to charge a fee for listing

If not, there is really no place for Carousell to thrive at all

Nothing farking special abt Carousell

But I sell my stuff there more successfully than at ebay, because Buyers are looking for lowball bargains there, unlike ebay

Can advise the procedure of putting up yr goods to sell on Carousell. DO one has to open account with them. How are settlement done btw buyers and sellers. Any chgs/comm. imposed  by carousels.
(06-07-2023, 11:49 PM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Can advise the procedure of putting up yr goods to sell on Carousell. DO one has to open account with them. How are settlement done btw buyers and sellers. Any chgs/comm. imposed  by carousels.

When you want to sell, just do a List

The rest Carousell will guide you through

No fee

Use COD, no hassle, meet face to face
(06-07-2023, 11:52 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]When you want to sell, just do a List

The rest Carousell will guide you through

No fee

Use COD, no hassle, meet face to face

Can provide the direct link?
(07-07-2023, 12:00 AM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Can provide the direct link?

Register an account lah

play with it.

not rocket science

eBay is more complicated
Carousell doesn't charge for most listings except for property - only 1 listing and for a few weeks only, and maybe a few other items.

Always check the sellers' reviews first.