SG Talk

Full Version: How to defend yourself from a dog attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The advice given is useless. An umbrella or even a stick is very useful
Moi si ginna time used to have to walk pass this path with stray dogs lingering around to school and got attacked a few times. Find it most effective to give a strong kick at the head to send the dog flying, most of the time the dog will run away after that, but if the kick miss then GG. Sad But worst ish trying to run away, sure ganna chased and attacked by those strays even more vigorously

But best ish still carry a durable ranged weapon though.

[Image: 1bbd063b3664be9d091f408ba07e1729.gif]
Just kick the head. Finished.
if the dog is far, squat down and make movement like pickup stones from the floor. if can get hold of stones pick ip up. smalle stone can throw directly. bigger pieces hold to use as weapon.

if no weapon. the weakest point of dog is the nose, eye and neck.

don't retreat, stand firm and be ready to hit the nose with your fist with a movement down direct on the nose. or eye area.

get your foot ready. if wear boots or sharp front shoes will be best. the leg swing up is just nice to hit the neck from botton. any strike in those position is enough to get the dogs to run away from you.

don't be afraid, dog only have teeth, man has hand and leg and teeth as well. it is fear that put man in loosing position. most dog is not powerful like a bear or tiger type of animal where their weight and strength far exceed human.

i know all these because i keep 2 dogs before. they are my best friends. but if one meet a nasty dog show no mercy.
The most easy way to defend yourself from dog attack is to give dog food lah.

肉包子打狗有去无回 Rotfl
the defend position the man show in the video is not correct. dog jump up to attack man. kick from below up not like forward then you leg go towards the mouth. leg swing up from bottom to kick the neck from below. not towards the mouth. the hand swing down from top to hit the nose. try to avoid the mouth. in the event of hand being bite by dog, use other hand hit down on the nose. you can get away easier by making it painful to the dog not by trying to swing you hands off from the mouth.

if have time take out t-shirt to wrap hand may protect it a bit.
i m quite annoy with these dogs nowsdays because many dog owners who cannot control their dogs and still no want to put a mouth guard create fear to other people and really got one will hurt some people.
(08-07-2023, 08:34 PM)sclim Wrote: [ -> ]i m quite annoy with these dogs nowsdays because many dog owners who cannot control their dogs and still no want to put a mouth guard create fear to other people and really got one will hurt some people.

If dog meat is legalized can be eaten in Spore I think most dog owners will muzzle their dogs when they bring them out. But now cannot so dog owners not scare. Just be careful not to get bitten can kena rabies.
Normally, I would bark at them back if it was a group of dogs.
If they really attack, must protect yr face and neck
Most of the time the dogs only interested in getting a pat from me. Cats see me either raise their butt at me (think they wanna mate) or they just look at me from a distance. For birds they usually don't do much, they just stand still or open a path and let me pass.
The man may have a chance climb up the car bonnet.
else kick the dog nose, their nose is the most vulnerable part