SG Talk

Full Version: CPF Ordinary Account (All In) >> Special Account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so if i not buying a flat or anything................gonna die as a lonely old man................ crying

does it makes sense to put all the money in my Ordinary Account to my Special Account ? Thinking

i reckon i gonna need all the compound interest when i reach 65yo.............. crying
One of the NDP rally , I remember PM Lee claim those never use OA to buy flat , when come to withdraw will be more.

I not sure how " truth " .
there is a limit into special something like $60K, else many retiree would dump their million into special leow
Why are you so certain you won't buy a flat?
(09-07-2023, 11:53 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]One of the NDP rally , I remember PM Lee claim those never use OA to buy flat , when come to withdraw will be more.

I not sure how " truth " .

If use it to buy flat the profit is even more after selling
(09-07-2023, 06:49 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]If use it to buy flat the profit is even more after selling

Common Singaporean will use to buy HDB flat.
But come rich folks they don't touch the OA beside others don't wish to buy flat.

come to your comment, this is What every one doing all these year , thus flats in resale market the price also " amazing " everyone is playing lottery see any dumb buyer buy.

I see a lot crap location , the view is not good etc still dare to sell near million mark.
Yes, just do the minimum either BRS or FRS in RA can oredi. Very unwise to top up to ERS. Your money is really not your money after 65 (interest paid on your CPFLife premiums are paid to the common pool). You are then paid a portion every month till you kick the bucket. If you leave in SA or OA, very flexible to take out. And interests paid on yours OA and SA monies, best of all… belongs to you Big Grin
(09-07-2023, 06:53 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Common Singaporean will use to buy HDB flat.
But come rich folks they don't touch the OA beside others don't wish to buy flat.

come to your comment, this is What every one doing all these year , thus flats in resale market the price also " amazing " everyone is playing lottery see any dumb buyer buy.

I see a lot crap location , the view is not good etc still dare to sell near million mark.

Now u want to buy flat also too late liao
Million dollar flat pay till can’t breathe 
Ten years ago u should buy flat Liao
(09-07-2023, 06:57 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Now u want to buy flat also too late liao
Million dollar flat pay till can’t breathe 
Ten years ago u should buy flat Liao

This I always said " got make money tricks, NO Body will tell u "

Why now a lot still continue buying due to " those already know the tricks to flip HDB high in resale market "

One monkey see another monkey profit so much , so more and more follow till now.

10 years back , Media never talk much about properties, so do what SRX here and there tell u last month resale HDB flat how it go and private properties.

even further back, 80s, 90s you see Media, News never talk much about property investment.
is 2000 onwards suddenly almost daily Media, News almost every single day talk about BTO flats, resales trend, private properties etc.
(09-07-2023, 11:23 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]so if i not buying a flat or anything................gonna die as a lonely old man................ crying

does it makes sense to put all the money in my Ordinary Account to my Special Account ? Thinking

i reckon i gonna need all the compound interest when i reach 65yo.............. crying
you singles no married?
you never buyed 2 roon bto or reasles?
where u live then?
Frown
(09-07-2023, 12:31 PM)limpeh394 Wrote: [ -> ]there is a limit into special something like $60K, else many retiree would dump their million into special leow

really meh ?............si liao lah.............looks like i will only get a pittance when i reach 65yo..............i think i early die, early good lah.........

(09-07-2023, 12:37 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you so certain you won't buy a flat?

no money lah............single and out of work leh..........no rebate for new 2-room flat..........must pay 10K or 15K when flat comes..........

(09-07-2023, 08:32 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote: [ -> ]you singles no married?
where u live then?
Frown

single lah............no woman in her right mind would wanna marry me............no money also...........
should uses oa buyed bto or reasles so that when old got place to stays
Frown
(09-07-2023, 06:54 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, just do the minimum either BRS or FRS in RA can oredi.  Very unwise to top up to ERS.  Your money is really not your money after 65 (interest paid on your CPFLife premiums are paid to the common pool). You are then paid a portion every month till you kick the bucket.  If you leave in SA or OA, very flexible to take out.  And interests paid on yours OA and SA monies, best of all… belongs to you Big Grin

bro..............very deep leh............

what is ERS ?............ i know BRS and FRS............hope i can transfer more than 60K leh...........i won't have any spare money to take out of SA or OA lah........so thought of going all in into SA................then hope by 65yo, i can survive on 1000+ a month lor.............
(09-07-2023, 11:23 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]so if i not buying a flat or anything................gonna die as a lonely old man................ crying

When u reach 55, CPF will transfer $200k+ to your RA from SA+OA. 
IF U above 55, you can't transfer to SA.

What's your age group now and how much in your OA? Can't advise u without this info.
(09-07-2023, 08:55 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote: [ -> ]should uses oa buyed bto or reasles so that when old got place to stays
Frown

by the time the flat comes...............i think i over 55yo liao.............no money to pay for flat liao.......... crying
(09-07-2023, 09:33 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]When u reach 55, CPF will transfer $200k+ to your RA from SA+OA. 
IF U above 55, you can't transfer to SA.

What's your age group now and how much in your OA? Can't advise u without this info.

i not yet 50yo leh..............so can transfer how much from OA to SA ?............ Huh
(09-07-2023, 09:37 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]i not yet 50yo leh..............so can transfer how much from OA to SA ?............ Huh
Can transfer to SA till u hit the limit now of 200k. When u reach 55, the limit increases further and most will be transfer to RA from SA. Your SA will be near kosong then. 
If you have plenty of money in OA, better go buy property.
(09-07-2023, 09:28 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]bro..............very deep leh............

what is ERS ?............ i know BRS and FRS............hope i can transfer more than 60K leh...........i won't have any spare money to take out of SA or OA lah........so thought of going all in into SA................then hope by 65yo, i can survive on 1000+ a month lor.............

Bro, Enhanced Retirement Sum, which is 3x the Basic Retirement Sum  Cool
(09-07-2023, 08:32 PM)zzzzzzz Wrote: [ -> ]you singles no married?
where u live then?
Frown

Bolumpar how to married Big Grin
(09-07-2023, 09:44 PM)Instinct Wrote: [ -> ]Can transfer to SA till u hit the limit now of 200k. When u reach 55, the limit increases further and most will be transfer to RA from SA. Your SA will be near kosong then. 
If you have plenty of money in OA, better go buy property.

no money to buy even 2-room flat lah..........so have to stay at my childhood home until mati.... crying

so i thought transfer most of OA to SA...........so at 65yo, i can at least no need collect cardboard.............. crying
(09-07-2023, 10:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Bro, Enhanced Retirement Sum, which is 3x the Basic Retirement Sum  Cool

i see.............i no have that kind of money lah...............so no need to worry.......... crying
(10-07-2023, 07:18 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]no money to buy even 2-room flat lah..........so have to stay at my childhood home until mati.... crying

so i thought transfer most of OA to SA...........so at 65yo, i can at least no need collect cardboard.............. crying

just checked and did some conservative calculations...............if i put almost all my OA to SA.............then i can get around 2K/mth when i'm 65yo.............hopefully by then, enough to no need collect cardboard or newspapers............
(12-07-2023, 08:24 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]just checked and did some conservative calculations...............if i put almost all my OA to SA.............then i can get around 2K/mth when i'm 65yo.............hopefully by then, enough to no need collect cardboard or newspapers............
How many years more to 65
If another ten years $2k might values only $200 if high cost of living continues

I don't know who your are behind the forum handle Napoleon No Balls, what you did for a living, why you are jobless when it's so easy to do some gig work to at least have an income... $2000 a month is achievable. 

Many big bosses like Sheng Siong boss, Hotel 81 boss didn't just register a company and voila! from the first month to now, they just kept making millions. They went through very tough times.

If these bosses were willing to go down that low, I think those who are merely employees should learn to swallow their pride and if they cannot find a job with a glorious title, then just do whatever is available out there. And you should have no excuse for being unemployed.

When Hotel 81 didn't have enough staff, Choo Chong Ngen would go to the rooms to make up the beds and wash the toilets. It's true. When Sheng Siong is short of staff, Ah Lim would go and help. That's also true.

As long as you didn't cheat or steal, no job is too shameful to do. 

Life throws different cards at different peepur, and what you have may not be so good.. What you must do is to take care of your health, do not neglect it, make sure you eat a balanced diet, have enough sleep, and go and work. 

A month's salary is probably more than the extra interest you can earn by transferring the balance in your OA to the SA when your OA is not even a lot to begin with. So if you need money, work. 

If you don't have much savings in your cpf and POSB, you might not be able to FIRE. (Financial independence, Retire early). Unless you tio Toto.. 

Then you may need to continue working when you are in your 60s, and what you need would be "health". If you are not healthy and broke, it's going to be very tough.

I feel for you. You are probably in your forties, you know how to think, so give it a thought, what I told you.
(12-07-2023, 08:29 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]How many years more to 65
If another ten years $2k might values only $200 if high cost of living continues

another 16 years to go leh.............but i no want to live long lah.............i don't intend to be around past 70yo.............also i very frugal one.............couple hundred bucks can last me a month liao.........

(12-07-2023, 09:17 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know who your are behind the forum handle Napoleon No Balls, what you did for a living, why you are jobless when it's so easy to do some gig work to at least have an income... $2000 a month is achievable. 

Many big bosses like Sheng Siong boss, Hotel 81 boss didn't just register a company and voila! from the first month to now, they just kept making millions. They went through very tough times.

If these bosses were willing to go down that low, I think those who are merely employees should learn to swallow their pride and if they cannot find a job with a glorious title, then just do whatever is available out there. And you should have no excuse for being unemployed.

When Hotel 81 didn't have enough staff, Choo Chong Ngen would go to the rooms to make up the beds and wash the toilets. It's true. When Sheng Siong is short of staff, Ah Lim would go and help. That's also true.

As long as you didn't cheat or steal, no job is too shameful to do. 

Life throws different cards at different peepur, and what you have may not be so good.. What you must do is to take care of your health, do not neglect it, make sure you eat a balanced diet, have enough sleep, and go and work. 

A month's salary is probably more than the extra interest you can earn by transferring the balance in your OA to the SA when your OA is not even a lot to begin with. So if you need money, work. 

If you don't have much savings in your cpf and POSB, you might not be able to FIRE. (Financial independence, Retire early). Unless you tio Toto.. 

Then you may need to continue working when you are in your 60s, and what you need would be "health". If you are not healthy and broke, it's going to be very tough.

I feel for you. You are probably in your forties, you know how to think, so give it a thought, what I told you.

many thanks, bro..............but i got problems with my immune system since i was a teen...............i have chronic fatigue and also many minor health issues..............i easily get sick and even a flu will last 2 weeks............so no employer will keep me for long.........
(13-07-2023, 11:13 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]another 16 years to go leh.............but i no want to live long lah.............i don't intend to be around past 70yo.............also i very frugal one.............couple hundred bucks can last me a month liao.........

many thanks, bro..............but i got problems with my immune system since i was a teen...............i have chronic fatigue and also many minor health issues..............i easily get sick and even a flu will last 2 weeks............so no employer will keep me for long.........

That means your $2k meant for 5,6 years.
Not much less than $15k in your OA.
Health is more important than wealth
(13-07-2023, 11:13 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]another 16 years to go leh.............but i no want to live long lah.............i don't intend to be around past 70yo.............also i very frugal one.............couple hundred bucks can last me a month liao.........

Take vitamin c 1000 mg with zinc daily. Can buy from Guardian Pharmacy. Buy their housebrand which is cheaper. One tablet to dissolve in water and drink.
(13-07-2023, 02:47 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Take vitamin c 1000 mg with zinc daily. Can buy from Guardian Pharmacy. Buy their housebrand which is cheaper. One tablet to dissolve in water and drink.

i already take more than that daily..............no use lah...........doesn't help my chronic fatigue at all...........tried too many supplements over the decades liao...........
(13-07-2023, 11:49 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]That means your $2k meant for 5,6 years.
Not much less than $15k in your OA.

maybe i should start a gofundme and people here can contribute to my retirement ? Big Grin
(13-07-2023, 08:58 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]maybe i should start a gofundme and people here can contribute to my retirement ? Big Grin

Good idea 
Open thread n  see who supports funding u😊
Pages: 1 2