SG Talk

Full Version: S’pore has never had a PM who prevented CPIB from doing its work: Tharman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Singapore system is one that is transparent and it has never had a prime minister who prevented the CPIB from doing its work, said presidential hopeful and former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

"If ever the day comes, the president will be there... that's the Singapore system," he added. 

https://str.sg/iwzD
Quote:"If ever the day comes, the president will be there... that's the Singapore system," he added.

Ok the president will be there but...

Considering the fact that Tharman, a recent PAP SM will 99.9% become the next president, the following scenario will likely happen:

CPIB: Dear PM, we have established credible preliminary evidence that has linked corruption case to you. Hence we would like to invite you to Lim Kopi to assist in this investigation. Seeking your concurrence please.

PM Lee: Unfortunately I do not concurr. I ownself check ownself can already. After checking, I found myself not corrupt. If you not happy can try to approach the President.

CPIB to president: Dear President, PM Lee has rejected our request to investigate him. We need you to exercise your presidential powers to override his rejection for us to carry out our duties.

President Tharman: Sure, I will now exercise my presidential powers ...which is to agree with the PM. Case closed.

CPIB: Ok, thank you, Mr. President.
We will proceed to close the case with no corruption.

------------

And no forgetting, during these interactions, under Official Secrets Act, CPIB is also not allowed to leak such requests to the press or to any external parties.

So the public will be always be kept in the dark.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Secrets_Act

An Official Secrets Act (OSA) is legislation that provides for the protection of state secrets and official information, mainly related to national security but in unrevised form (based on the UK Official Secrets Act 1911) can include all information held by government bodies.

OSAs are currently in-force in over 40 countries (mostly former British colonies) including Bangladesh, Kenya, Pakistan, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Myanmar, Uganda, Malaysia, Singapore and the United Kingdom, and have previously existed in Canada and New Zealand.

[Image: MYNlDyS.gif]
Corruptions is serious case if let one off rest will follows
I am not sure whether the president will be there or not, but I am very sure that many people are very unhappy with miw current practices.
I like to name just a few here.
1. Last PE
2. Keppel corruption.
3. b/w bungalow rental by Shan n Vivian
4. AIM
5. CECA.
6. Mayor
Of course no PM can stop CPIB from doing its work but CPIB must ask for his approval first
(15-07-2023, 01:01 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]The Singapore system is one that is transparent and it has never had a prime minister who prevented the CPIB from doing its work, said presidential hopeful and former senior minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam.

"If ever the day comes, the president will be there... that's the Singapore system," he added. 

https://str.sg/iwzD

Please la, think before you talk la
Would you dare to go against Pinky
Who, when he was DPM, supported GCT to appoint you as Finance Minister?
Who appointed you as Senior Minister?
Who now, ‘selected’ as future President

Don’t talk cock like a snake la!
who is this botak? how cum he jobless now and still talk kok?
There're a few fallacies.

Firstly, even if PM had prevented CPIB from doing its work we wouldn't know. Tharman may not also know.

Secondly, in the past never does not mean future PMs will not prevent CPIB from doing its work. The question is, how do we prevent that? Cannot be "ownself check ownself".

Thirdly, the president by right could intervene. But he should not have any links to the political party which forms the government. So isn't it an irony that he is now standing for PE? Dun tell me that he will be completely neutral. We cannot be certain of that.
(15-07-2023, 01:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Thirdly, the president by right could intervene. But he should not have any links to the political party which forms the government. So isn't it an irony that he is now standing for PE? Dun tell me that he will be completely neutral. We cannot be certain of that.
Actually we have a very good system in place for check and balance. Unfortunately it seems that the good system had been bent or breached with various means such as imposing qualifying standards for Presidential candidates where only certain people with PAP connections can passed. So, the Presidents all these years looked like PAP men. It appears that all these were done to attain absolute control of all state machineries under the PM. This is just my observation.   Rolleyes
(15-07-2023, 02:11 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Actually we have a very good system in place for check and balance. Unfortunately it seems that the good system had been bent or breached with various means such as imposing qualifying standards for Presidential candidates where only certain people with PAP connections can passed. So, the Presidents all these years looked like PAP men. It appears that all these were done to attain absolute control of all state machineries under the PM. This is just my observation.   Rolleyes
 Is a fact lah.
Tharman tok kok.

Why would the PM stop his ownself selected dept from doing it's job?

Especially a dept he can use to screw his enemy?
People has no say

It's up to them to say
There's always a first time for current or future PM to block CPIB investigation.

Not forgetting that under OSA, CPIB is forbidden to leak any such requests to the public so the public will always be kept in the dark. This is the prelude of the most scary part.

Next, even if PM refuse to concur and CPIB goes directly to the President and the President (most likely a very recent ex-PAP minister/Speaker/crony etc.) were to agree with the PM and also block the request, again this news will not be allowed to made know to the public. 神不知鬼不觉。

The 3rd most scariest part is...God knows what 'obstacles' CPIB director will face if he were to go against the PAP PM's refusal to concur and wants to go directly to the President, because this will become unprecedented and the PM being the most powerful authority will find all ways to prevent this from happening, including choot pattern to even change the constitution, not forgetting Anti-Corruption branch used to be under SPF, then become CPIB to report to the AG, before being constitutionally amended to report to PMO.

The fun part is, noone knows whether the PM has ever block such requests before simply because the CPIB reports to the PM and if the PM instructs such news not to be leaked to anyone including cabinet ministers, not even a soul would know. 神不知鬼不觉, so how the fark would Tharman know? LOL.

The 'CPIB can always go directly to the President if PM refuse to concur' is only a red herring nonsense to hookwink the public. 

Moreover, the law did not specify that CPIB must approach the President should the PM refuse to concur. CPIB has the right to somehow back down the request for 'further review' (related to the 3rd reason stated above). Hence all these communications will be swept under the carpet and the public will never know what the fark is happening, again 神不知鬼不觉。LOL.

In the end, always remember...

[Image: glvv3Pb.jpg]
Tharman is interesting
he says what hapan strengthened us.
singlion feels he getting hot.
remember this rabbit hole is deep.
a sotong Klaus schwab saga
ahQua s assassins captured by FSB
Russian security service detained in Moscow
paid 1.5m roubles per hit.
RT editor-in-chief targetted
Russia seems able to do take out Hegemony from the DOLA
This PAP already allow own Tharman currently doing " walk about " for PE

whereas Goh still need to wait .

See this is so call " fair play " ????
Suggestions :
Mandatory before any Prime Minister stepping down, CPIB must certify the PM has clean records before a successor takes over.

This is to avoid disputes in future

Only reading from newspapers otherwise   Commoners will never know whether CPIB request been turned away by PM or not..

Importantly a PM should be certified by CPIB as not corrupted before stepping down.
meanwhile Thailand has made Russian presence Consular general feels at Home.
Lavrov is happy FM and even orthordox priest present
assassins 7 detained includ 5 children below 18 by FSB in moscow
(16-07-2023, 02:35 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]..

Only reading from newspapers otherwise   Commoners will never know whether CPIB request been turned away by PM or not..

Importantly a PM should be certified by CPIB as not corrupted before stepping down.

This could prevent similar corruption case happened to Hongkong ex chief executive Donald Tsang
South Korea has embraced Poland in the ahQua saga
Isreal
Nethanyahu in Hospital protests continue
(15-07-2023, 01:24 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Corruptions is serious case if let one off rest will follows

The system has rotten. You think only 1 recent case? Thinking
Sometimes we wonder if the Oxbridge education we pay for our elites is worth anything.

When people asked "why is is approval needed?"
Minister answer : It is always approved.

Yeah then why is approval needed when it is always approved!?!

Either they are retards or they are treating us as retards.

If they are smart they are disrespecting us by treating us as fools!
I have decided not to give this bugger my vote. You can see he is a PAP slave with this kind of rubbish info he is propagating. He already starts trying to throw smoke even before being elected.  OMG.    Angry
US has shot down a chinese helicopter
https://youtu.be/s2l7rmg_hRE?list=PL1yqR...2A6fY9b1Q0
2 interestings follow
inDIA girl tells us what hapan to ahQua all alone
https://youtu.be/7bPJotsYxbw?list=PL1yqR...2A6fY9b1Q0
and when Putin says will nuke the west Joe uses the same script used by ahQua in Ukraine
https://youtu.be/MNush45ifE4?list=PL1yqR...2A6fY9b1Q0
this kwangTau works for sotong
yes when Iswaran arrested cannot speak the truth?