SG Talk

Full Version: Woman left topless in prison cell accuses police of sexual assault in Manchester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maanya Sachdeva
Thu, 27 July 2023 at 3:16 am SGT

A woman left lying topless in a jail cell has alleged she was drugged and sexually assaulted while being held by Greater Manchester Police.

Zayna Iman was arrested by police officers responding to a welfare callout about a woman high on cocaine on 5 February 2021.

The 38-year-old was detained for 40 hours, with some of her treatment captured on CCTV. However, Sky News reported that three hours of footage from her ordeal are missing.

“I’m being restrained despite not being responsive, I’m handcuffed,” Ms Iman, who has waived her anonymity, told the news channel.

“My jeans are taken down, my underwear is cut off – knickers and the bra, as well as the top. They then put oversized custody shorts, with a belt on, and leave me face-down in the cell. Still unconscious, with no top on and no blanket given.

"Instead of providing an unconscious female with medical attention, they thought, ‘I know let’s take her clothes off instead and leave her there.’”

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/woman-left-top...32199.html