SG Talk

Full Version: :( saw this post from an expat in SG.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't mean it in a literal sense. But I just feel, our value here is just not the same as it was before. We are not contributing or capable of contributing in the same way as before. We came here at a time before 2010 when foreigners were actively courted, we could get PR with just 1-2 years stays.

Foreigners could compete at the same level as locals in the housing market(No ABSD) and local schooling.

Things have incrementally changed and it is like the slow boiling frog syndrome. We kept adapting to the change as it was slow. But if we straight away flashback by 10 years, it is insane. It is just not the same. Either we continue in denial or we accept the fact. We are getting priced out in everyway, the rental market, the schooling etc. We just need one last push, the economy tanks and we get pushed out from the job market as well.

I am just asking people to get prepared.

BTW, we are definitely not part of the Singapore story. We are like present here, but we are like invisible. This thread is about foreigners but just look at the participation. It is almost 100% either PRs or like yourself who has ties with locals. That pretty much tells the story about foreigners.

This forum was very vibrant when I came here, look what it has become now. Just foreigners who managed to get PR are now participating. If that is not a giveaway what else is?
Most of them, like from the US and Europe, don't need to pay the ABSD.

For US, the Capital Gain Tax can go up to near 45%.
Why did he/she not apply for PR back then since it was so easy? It shows this person didn't really have the intention to remain here long term, so why bitch about it now?
Locals are also suffering from the boiling frog syndrome. Seriously he can anytime change place with locals if he think locals are better of than him.   Rolleyes