SG Talk

Full Version: Civil servants cannot retain gifts worth over S$50, same 'spirit'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Civil servants cannot retain gifts worth over S$50, same 'spirit' applies to political office holders: Chan Chun Sing

The rules for the civil service on accepting gifts and hospitality are designed to “maintain incorruptibility”, and prevent its officers from becoming “beholden” to any person or organisation, said the minister.

🔗 https://tdy.sg/43TBJzN

@todayonlinesg
But can get 15% discount on new properties they bought?
Free sex
Last time NUS lab technicians always received big hampers from suppliers for buying electronics component from them. Don't know if they are still doing it?
received big portion and break up to share hor eg hamper more than $200 
then need to break out to share ...
(03-08-2023, 09:49 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]received big portion and break up to share hor eg hamper more than $200 
then need to break out to share ...

No, the technicians proudly carried it around to show off and then walk towards their cars.

Those electronic component cost less than a dollar if you buy it from sim lim tower, but the suppliers charged them more then 10 times the price if they sell to NUS.
上有政策,下有对策lah. Rotfl
Only good ppl will follow rules but not the bad ppl.
(03-08-2023, 09:53 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]No, the technicians proudly carried it around to show off and then walk towards their cars.

Those electronic component cost less than a dollar if you buy it from sim lim tower, but the suppliers charged them more then 10 times the price if they sell to NUS.

Aiyah, sim lim towers sell second hand components or those that failed QA test but still can use one. Of course cheap lor
If everyday get $49 gifts can or not?
(03-08-2023, 10:18 AM)klat Wrote: [ -> ]Aiyah, sim lim towers sell second hand components or those that failed QA test but still can use one. Of course cheap lor

The same companies that sold their components to the NUS staff  that charged more than 10 times higher.
My office policies, lunch for clients cannot above $25/head dinner $50/head. Corporate gift max $25 per item with corporate logo
Last time when I visited Philippine, the Navy Commander gave me one baju Tagalog and one capice ceiling lamp decoration as gifts all kena seized when I returned Singapore.   Big Grin
(03-08-2023, 09:47 AM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Last time NUS lab technicians always received big hampers from suppliers for buying electronics component from them. Don't know if they are still doing it?

As long as you share the hamper with the rest in the dept, no a prob. If really worried, passed to hod and make that his or her prob
What if $50 hamper open up and distribute?
(03-08-2023, 09:16 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Civil servants cannot retain gifts worth over S$50, same 'spirit' applies to political office holders: Chan Chun Sing

I think we all overlooked the words in bold same 'spirit'. What I understand then is there is law for civil servant about that $50 whereas for political office holders that is no actual law but more on same spirit? I.e on black and white civil servant are forbidden. for political office holders no black and white but same spirits? I becoming to like the ancient China Emperor dynasty system, black and white they 说了算了