SG Talk

Full Version: Polytechnic training taxi drivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Many taxi drivers told me they are from polytechnic. Some even electronic in computer engineering. But now driving taxi.

Conclusion, polytechnic are a school for training taxi drivers
(06-08-2023, 04:44 PM)maddog Wrote: [ -> ]Many taxi drivers told me they are from polytechnic. Some even electronic in computer engineering. But now driving taxi.

PM lee say FTs create more jobs for the local polytechnic
not that there is no job. but those guarding the door for foreigner to be here is not guarding it well.
the lots of retrenchment going on. only to let foreigner fill the vacant.

jobs created should first go to local then foreigner.
during covid 19 close door where local can easier to find jobs. an india indian here interviewed to find the reason not to employ. so that he can keep it for his india indian. there are money behind the scene. go investigate around i no spread story. when government jobs are given to indian firm when the bid cheap cheap. local security is compromised.

also got cases where local got the job then got turn down then indian company come to make offer for the same job. you think what happen behind?

i am not against indian. i have indian friends that i grow up with. i play marbles, ball hitting people together. imported indian are different from local indian. they are mix class of people. they bring beautiful gifts to visit higher position. culture that is no no here.
(06-08-2023, 05:44 PM)sclim Wrote: [ -> ]not that there is no job. but those guarding the door for foreigner to be here is not guarding it well.
the lots of retrenchment going on. only to let foreigner fill the vacant.

jobs created should first go to local then foreigner.
during covid 19 close door where local can easier to find jobs.  an india indian here interviewed to find the reason not to employ. so that he can keep it for his india indian.  there are money behind the scene.  go investigate around i no spread story.  when government jobs are given to indian firm when the bid cheap cheap. local security is compromised.

also got cases where local got the job then got turn down then indian company come to make offer for the same job. you think what happen behind?

i am not against indian. i have indian friends that i grow up with. i play marbles, ball hitting people together. imported indian are different from local indian. they are mix class of people.  they bring beautiful gifts to visit higher position. culture that is no no here.

i was recommended a job from the management, but the india indian HR took my resume and never come back to me
Remember that I shared a Security Guard at Raffles Place last time?

He was an Engineer and also a PolyTech grad
ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD TRAINIG TAXI DRIVERS IN SCHOOLS OF HIGHER LEARNING

another crown for pap govt
a GUINESS WORLD RECORD
Actually taxi driver is good monies as the fare in Spore is so expensive. Due to my mother leg need to take taxi to and fro hospital the taxi fares over say 4 days to and fro is more than 100 liao. The monies earned is close to sit in office blow aircon white collar job liao. Only con is the long hours on the road and cannot have proper lunch and urine and pang sai hours.
(06-08-2023, 09:38 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Actually taxi driver is good monies as the fare in Spore is so expensive. Due to my mother leg need to take taxi to and fro hospital the taxi fares over say 4 days to and fro is more than 100 liao. The monies earned is close to sit in office blow aircon white collar job liao. Only con is the long hours on the road and cannot have proper lunch and urine and pang sai hours.

i heard from taxi uncles, their taxi kakis many return IC in their 50ties liao

he said taxi driving is the most unhealthy job, eat and sit, eat and sit. after work so mental drained, they wont think of exercise anymore
ITE training grab food delieveries?
(06-08-2023, 09:59 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]i heard from taxi uncles, their taxi kakis many return IC in their 50ties liao

he said taxi driving is the most unhealthy job, eat and sit, eat and sit. after work so mental drained, they wont think of exercise anymore

Then change job to be security guard or cleaner got to move around so more healthy?
(06-08-2023, 10:12 PM)mikotan Wrote: [ -> ]ITE training grab food delieveries?
Yes and deliberoo and Foodpanda as well
(06-08-2023, 11:19 PM)sgh Wrote: [ -> ]Then change job to be security guard or cleaner got to move around so more healthy?
Security worst, sit at guard house for 12 hours

Cleaner breath in toxic, die earlier
(06-08-2023, 04:44 PM)maddog Wrote: [ -> ]Many taxi drivers told me they are from polytechnic. Some even electronic in computer engineering. But now driving taxi.

Times are bad lah! Big Grin
(07-08-2023, 06:18 AM)cheekopekman Wrote: [ -> ]Times are bad lah! Big Grin

Maybe can sell kachang puteh Big Grin
(07-08-2023, 06:29 AM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe can sell kachang puteh Big Grin

This career reserved for A level la
My engagement with FTs in the IT sector, those especially from PRC, they minimum has a master. Very common to see many of them have PHD or multiply masters ... how to compete with diploma
(07-08-2023, 09:49 AM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]My engagement with FTs in the IT sector, those especially from PRC, they minimum has a master. Very common to see many of them have PHD or multiply masters ... how to compete with diploma

friend, doesn't matter if u are diploma or degree or master in IT. its all down to practice 

u think master big fxxx? they still need to take ccna if they want to excel into networking
(07-08-2023, 11:20 AM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]friend, doesn't matter if u are diploma or degree or master in IT. its all down to practice 

u think master big fxxx? they still need to take ccna if they want to excel into networking

Well it shows that you are so behind ..... networking is low grade "IT" job
Now, fresh Data Analyst/Data Sci entry level is 4.5k with degree
2-3 years experience with master entry level 5-6K
5 years and above easily 10k without a blink of an eye
entry level network engineer .... lucky to get 3k ......  Laughing
(07-08-2023, 11:25 AM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Well it shows that you are so behind ..... networking is low grade "IT" job
Now, fresh Data Analyst/Data Sci entry level is 4.5k with degree
2-3 years experience with master entry level 5-6K
5 years and above easily 10k without a blink of an eye
entry level network engineer .... lucky to get 3k ......  Laughing

that Y many useless engineers now, when u dun know the basic of network routing, u are only a high level slave as a cloud engineers 

those with master cant even configure an Oracle database
Lunch time took another taxi, the driver told he he has nus degree.

He came out do own business for a few years after 40 year old, then can't find job after business failed.
(07-08-2023, 12:26 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]that Y many useless engineers now, when u dun know the basic of network routing, u are only a high level slave as a cloud engineers 

those with master cant even configure an Oracle database

I am not a engineer. I used AWS cloud when I set up my personal website not need any DB set up. Nowadays hosting platform all drag and drop remotely. Just a few engineer in a DC no need many.
(10-08-2023, 11:51 AM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]I am not a engineer. I used AWS cloud when I set up my personal website not need any DB set up. Nowadays hosting platform all drag and drop remotely. Just a few engineer in a DC no need many.

that y ur website have limited speed, enough for SME only, not  enterprise. Because it dun entity-relationship design for optimum speed, 

ur database it most likely base on blob
(10-08-2023, 12:48 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]that y ur website have limited speed, enough for SME only, not  enterprise. Because it dun entity-relationship design for optimum speed, 

ur database it most likely base on blob

Big enterprise will have their own private cloud shared with all entity as such, no need many network engineer. Many network engineers are jobless nowadays ... next is system engineers ....
Wasting taxpayers money to have such training in our Polytechnics. Our polytechnic becoming a joke.
no jobs are secure anymore. the other day the gojek driver has 3 girls was working in stats board an economist!
(10-08-2023, 01:00 PM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Wasting taxpayers money to have such training in our Polytechnics. Our polytechnic becoming a joke.

Cannot says like that Poly cannot be the end of the education journey rather a platform to your degree, master or PHD.
Nowadays those FTs especially from PRC, they come with multiply masters and PHDs to compete with you
My colleague she has a Master in Finance, insurance and PHD in mathematics.
We even have service providers offering training skills in general cleaning under skill futures fund training. I also can provide such training.  Laughing
(10-08-2023, 12:55 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Big enterprise will have their own private cloud shared with all entity as such, no need many network engineer. Many network engineers are jobless nowadays ... next is system engineers ....

ur r wrong, network engineer can be cloud engineer in a flash

but cloud engineers cannot be network engineer instantly
(10-08-2023, 02:23 PM)TopSage Wrote: [ -> ]ur r wrong, network engineer can be cloud engineer in a flash

but cloud engineers cannot be network engineer instantly

Cloud engineer will have basic network module
(10-08-2023, 02:24 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]Cloud engineer will have basic network module

not enough to be a network engineer

but network engineers knowledge helps them learn cloud engineering in a breeze as it is a high level of network engineering
Pages: 1 2