SG Talk

Full Version: all along i was sceptical to see a career coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
but finally i did
and it was today

what do you think...read below

u see how i shoot them a sarcastic letter

Dear xxx

You don't have to send me all these info
What i need is practical help!
And you said it rightly, all courses I took are not real experience.

Now it makes me wonder why gov is wasting tax payers money in re-skiling us.

Just for me, the courses i took:
The IBM course is about $30,000 a student
and all the other courses are at least 30 x $1500 = $45,000

And i understand only 20% of students from ibm to-date are employed in tech.

I think i will highlight to My Heng, my MP

Anyway thanks for your time
will i get into trouble

give me a reputation pojnt if u think i done right
Ask them why generals without any real business experience can be parachuted into senior management.
ex sgtalk forumer laughingstock aso took many online courses and passed all mcq exams with flying colors but still could find any relevant job
Frankly speaking the IBM course will not take you anywhere.. Not a lot of company is willing to employ a fresh programmer or cyber security analyst of middle age..

By right, to make the whole thing work, there should be an industry attachment to local company like NCS (do national duty) to let them picked up some experience so that it is easier for them to find the next job.

When MOE defined their KPI, only care about how many people took the course, but not taking care what is the conversion rate of the course participant being able to find a job eventually (with the course knowledge gained).
That is why 220,000 HR and MOE staff in Singapore are laughing at the stupidity of PAP Ministers. They keep giving us credits for SkillsFuture courses, but useless! Worse, those few Ministers keep on yelping about it repeatedly.

Only jobs can build skills. Naive 61% still vote for PAP.

This same effective pix that was shared in old SGTALK 3 years ago-

[Image: How-2-get-a-job-without-expr.gif]
aiya those courses trained many mc queens and kings, no practical use.

maybe gd for those who want to learn baking, planting and etc
recently EPIC Fail use Mak Lee as spokeman what go study can get 3.8 k??? can get job for mid career ??

saw the ad on tv.
(03-11-2021, 12:06 PM)5354 Wrote: [ -> ]Ladies and gentlemen

My wife with just secondary education has a job since my son was in K1

No bullshit, when she got a job, I had to send my son to the kindergarten and fetch him home

Now my son just sat for his PSLE, results not out yet

That means my wife with secondary education but no O levels cert has a job the past 8 years

If you desperate for a job, or you want to work, you will not be jobless

All here agree?

So, when did he see a career coach?

A Vietnam prostitute need a career coach?

And did you see a Career coach?
(03-11-2021, 12:08 PM)5354 Wrote: [ -> ]Ladies and gentlemen

A few years back I rejected a $15K trading job because I don't like trading

Song boh?

You are old and good for nothing. 

They rejected you for being senile and incompetent.

This, all we know very well because your resume is like a hawker center cleaner that is half page only.
(03-11-2021, 12:16 PM)5354 Wrote: [ -> ]Ladies and gentlemen

Two of my friends became property agents after they lost their job

Both doing very well now, make much more money than before

Just sharing ideas for the jobless to change their mindset

Remember what I said here - whining will not land you a job

Your LJ brain and CCBAI mouth always show your Prim 1 IQ like your retarded son.

Many property agents are doing well because many BTO have stalled. Can you show me 100 locals who are jobless like you after 10 years and getting a new job this year paying $20k per mth??

Only people with brains can think are able to criticise.

People like you, totally brainless and just full of LJ has nothing to think about.
(03-11-2021, 12:26 PM)5354 Wrote: [ -> ]Ladies and gentlemen

When I was working for Caltex/Chevron from Jan 1992 to Feb 2994

There were 3 major retrenchments, I survived the first two but could not avoid the 3rd

Everyone who was retrenched got a job, most with better pay, no bullshit

I remember one female accounting staff in her mid 30s who sobbed when she got retrenched who later got a job with Mercedes and is now the Finance Director, a position she will never get if she had remained in Caltex/Chevron

Fortune favors the doers not the whiners, so please move your lame arrse and stop whining here

Dear old man

Now is year 2021. Do you know that Mr Lee KY has died?

Are you having Dementia again? It looks like Level 4 or 5 already. 

Your mental health seems very serious this year.
don't worry 5354

his health problem will speed him to join covid gang
Evry crisis got a opportunity. Being a PSLE graduate i found a $3000 plus job contract one la and only work 2 days then rest 1 day. 3 hour in morning..free lunch and 3 hour in afternoon. Brainless job no homework no hard labour. Song ah..but sadly its going to end soon. Easy money will be gone. Haha.
(03-11-2021, 12:30 PM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]don't worry 5354

his health problem will speed him to join covid gang

Jac Lau is always like PAP. using the 1% of what he sees as a Frog in the Well to make conclusion.  

There are not many jobs anyway. Spend 10 mins or 2 hours searching for jobs will never create jobs. That is how stupid he can be.
ok
i sending to ah heng
see what he says
Career Coach? Sounds like helping people to get jobs.

They have been around for several years but they are lacking maybe due to poor management or poorly trained staff.

But if MOM can do well in handling this issue, then why need Career Coach?
(03-11-2021, 07:48 PM)Symmetry Wrote: [ -> ]Career Coach? Sounds like helping people to get jobs.

They have been around for several years but they are lacking maybe due to poor management or poorly trained staff.

But if MOM can do well in handling this issue, then why need Career Coach?

It is as what you had described..... crying
(03-11-2021, 01:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]ex sgtalk forumer laughingstock aso took many online courses and passed all mcq exams with flying colors but still could find any relevant job

i also took more than 10 courses, yet, nothing....quiet.......no jobs....i have to source the jobs myself.
(03-11-2021, 09:14 AM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]Frankly speaking the IBM course will not take you anywhere.. Not a lot of company is willing to employ a fresh programmer or cyber security analyst of middle age..

By right, to make the whole thing work, there should be an industry attachment to local company like NCS (do national duty) to let them picked up some experience so that it is easier for them to find the next job.

When MOE defined their KPI, only care about how many people took the course, but not taking care what is the conversion rate of the course participant being able to find a job eventually (with the course knowledge gained).

Why must hire locals for IT when the whole of SG is already flooded with CECA? 

No reason to hire locals when EP gives unfettered access without levies nor quota, too.

At my ex- workplace, they already rejected our own locals for IT fresh/ young grads job because they only want their own CECA.

Are those NUS & NTU IT grads so unworthy just because they are not CECA?

Isn't this Discrimination but funnily, always allowed. This is how CECA connive to sink my country.
PAP and Tan SL is sending us in a Wild Goose Chase.

They think their freefall ideas can solve their intentional negative impact on us.

Covid has changed the SG job market but only those 5 jobs or so. The rest are not much affected yet jobless. Why everything they must blame Covid?

So many lame excuse from their own mistakes.

[Image: WSG-Career-Coach.jpg]
(03-11-2021, 12:21 AM)Talent Wrote: [ -> ]but finally i did
and it was today

what do you think...read below

u see how i shoot them a sarcastic letter

Dear xxx

You don't have to send me all these info
What i need is practical help!
And you said it rightly, all courses I took are not real experience.

Now it makes me wonder why gov is wasting tax payers money in re-skiling us.

Just for me, the courses i took:
The IBM course is about $30,000 a student
and all the other courses are at least 30 x $1500 = $45,000

And i understand only 20% of students from ibm to-date are employed in tech.

I think i will highlight to My Heng, my MP

Anyway thanks for your time

no use lah.

the purpose of the course is to give you money and for you to pass time while looking for job.

our government is good to have this scheme - to help you in the interim, also to lower the official unemployment figure.

just attend the course and forget about it Smile

if you can find job, then it is good, else attend another course again. Smile
I also saw a Career Coach and Career Ambassador under WSG for MOM. Both FAILED.

Career Coach asked me to send to the Airline for the vacancy but I barely have 10% job fit!!

The Career Ambassador sent me a job advertisement where I may need to get that job for training where I only fit 30%.

GOSH! This is the best they can do?

Such a waste of time.
(04-11-2021, 09:51 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Why must hire locals for IT when the whole of SG is already flooded with CECA? 

No reason to hire locals when EP gives unfettered access without levies nor quota, too.

At my ex- workplace, they already rejected our own locals for IT fresh/ young grads job because they only want their own CECA.

Are those NUS & NTU IT grads so unworthy just because they are not CECA?

Isn't this Discrimination but funnily, always allowed. This is how CECA connive to sink my country.

Well said, our NUS & NTU grads should be given a chance to get a job, not one from CECA.  This is total discrimination on the locals...... crying