SG Talk
Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs (/Thread-Govt-will-review-CPF-system-to-help-Singaporeans-better-meet-retirement-needs)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - forum456 - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 09:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  If Lawrence Wing is a bit bold he will use excess returns from GIC and Temasek to top up retirement accounts of the poor. That's about all they can do.

this is not bold, this is the handout method.

it is the same as giving unemployment benefits to the unemployed.

the poor and lazy people will keep growing and excess returns cannot keep up.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - lylcnn - 17-01-2023

Maybe compulsory to contribute >20% of salary?
Maybe more restrictions to use CPF on property? This review may cause property price slide down ?

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - forum456 - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 10:38 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Maybe compulsory to contribute >20% of salary?
Maybe more restrictions to use CPF on property? This review may cause property price slide down ?

if a person cannot find permanent job and has zero salary for 1 year, what is 20% of zero salary ?

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - lylcnn - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 10:41 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if a person cannot find permanent job and has zero salary for 1 year, what is 20% of zero salary ?

Yes of course having option of perm job for life is great situation. Even TW, KR, JP are coming here to work. Can't say PAP is doing worse than other countries though. of course, can strive improvement.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - K88 shu shu - 17-01-2023

everytime I look at my CPF statement, I feel like a millionaire - toothpick zero Lim.

(17-01-2023, 10:43 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Yes of course having option of perm job for life is great situation. Even TW, KR, JP are coming here to work. Can't say PAP is doing worse than other countries though. of course, can strive improvement.

the simple solution is for PAP to provide permanent jobs to people who want to work.
permanent job means permanent cpf contribution.

if PAP cannot provide permanent jobs, no amount of cpf review will work because there is not enough cpf money in CPF.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Sticw - 17-01-2023

HK liao... Review to ensure your retirement can mean at 55yo no more taking out anything even if you met the minimum sum. Spare savings help you earn even more interest. Then come 65yo you buy even more cpflife and hopefully you die quietly in your HDB flat without nomination.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Talent - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 10:45 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  everytime I look at my CPF statement, I feel like a millionaire - toothpick zero Lim.

for me reverse
I cried 天阿

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - sgbuffett - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 11:05 AM)Sticw Wrote:  HK liao... Review to ensure your retirement can mean at 55yo no more taking out anything even if you met the minimum sum. Spare savings help you earn even more interest. Then come 65yo you buy even more cpflife and hopefully you die quietly in your HDB flat without nomination.

Likely they will say those who took out at 55yr anyhow spend in holidays and food etc and they have cause so.mich problems ....so govt help them to safeguard  by keep in CPF.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Sticw - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 11:13 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Likely they will say those who took out at 55yr anyhow spend in holidays and food etc and they have cause so.mich problems ....so govt help them to safeguard  by keep in CPF.

I think the govt can do more. The govt should take all the monthly paychecks of all the people in Sg. Then issue food stamps and run our lives such that we don't need to rest or consume much but work harder and longer till drop dead from working. Then have all CPF and our cash savings contribute towards so call nation building and Sg reserves.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Rainforest - 17-01-2023

Sorry but I have no confidence in them lor

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - sgbuffett - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 10:43 AM)lylcnn Wrote:  Yes of course having option of perm job for life is great situation. Even TW, KR, JP are coming here to work. Can't say PAP is doing worse than other countries though. of course, can strive improvement.

It has never been about jobs but salaries ....
Many are just stuck in low income jobs.

When I did fast food more than 15yrs ago, until now the salary increase slightly but housing transport etc se costs have doubled.

This is heading downhill fast.

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - limpeh394 - 17-01-2023

unless increase the CPF interest rate to 5% else how u review also useless

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - Wy:Nox - 17-01-2023

This is to help Singaporeans? Please don’t!

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - RiseofAsia - 17-01-2023

(17-01-2023, 12:21 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  This is to help Singaporeans? Please don’t!

3keys become 4 keys after the review? Rotfl

[Image: 164-C0-C8-F-0-DEA-4-B80-B862-65744-EE389-C8.png]

(17-01-2023, 11:47 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It has never been about jobs but salaries ....
Many are just stuck in low income jobs.

When I did fast food more than 15yrs ago, until now the salary increase slightly but housing transport etc se costs have doubled.

This is heading downhill fast.

Would agree with forum456 it's more about increasing job security, and not swathes of unemployed. Like many other countries like TW, KR especially serious youth unemployment

RE: Govt will review CPF system to help Singaporeans better meet retirement needs - [[ForeverAlone]] - 17-01-2023

KNS, this current Greedy PAP pattern is " same pattern "

as I have mention so call their " review " end of the day they will tell u Continue work contribute your CPF.