SG Talk
Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB (/Thread-Gardenia-bread-prices-Malaysia-vs-Sg-why-I-always-buy-2-when-I-go-JB)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - sgbuffett - 30-04-2023

Actually when i posted the bread price it  is only half the story.
I am thankful for some of the intelligent remarks like high COE costs means transport cost goes up and price of bread  goes up along with it. So when rich push up COE prices, it pushes price of bread up.

Hold this thought for a while.

If you are rich in Sjngapore paying more for food is nothing because it's just a tiny portion of their income. But if you are poor it's a different matter.

The bottom 20% of Malaysian household is shown here.

[Image: yuyjDok.jpg]

It's about 35% below that of the bottom 20% household in Singapore.

Poor Singaporeans make 30+% more than poor Malaysians but pay triple the price of bread. 6 times the cost for equivalent housing ...and so on.

The high costs of living pushed by govt through importation of foreigners pushes up costs and contrary to govt claim that everyone will enjoy benefits of foreigners coming in, nlife has become tougher for ordinary Sjngaporeans as cost of.living rises. For the poor they are worse of and their situation has deteriorated badly.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - WhatDoYouThink! - 30-04-2023

Ah butt still does not accept the fact that rm 3.00 bread is expensive to the johorians

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - sgbuffett - 30-04-2023

(30-04-2023, 08:04 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Ah butt still does not accept the fact that rm 3.00 bread is expensive to the johorians

I did not make any statement that bread is cheap to johoreans
That depends on which johoreans you are talking about.

I was factually comparing the price difference between malaysia and Singapore.

The expensiveness of bread you extrapolate yourself I did not say anything about it.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - TalkingRabbit - 01-05-2023

(30-04-2023, 04:19 PM)luncheonmeat Wrote:  I oso tot so. Apparently we no wrong, Bakd @ pandan loop factory. Daz why so ex.
https://www.qaf.com.sg/business-bakery/#:~:text=Singapore-,In%20Singapore%2C%20Gardenia%20has%20evolved%20from%20a%20humble%20in%2Dstore,baked%20loaves%20and%20buns%20daily.

1/2 truth from ah butt = lie  Rolleyes

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - WhatDoYouThink! - 01-05-2023

(30-04-2023, 08:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I did not make any statement that bread is cheap to johoreans
That depends on which johoreans you are talking about.

I was factually comparing the price difference between malaysia and Singapore.

The expensiveness of bread you extrapolate yourself I did not say anything about it.

When you compare the prices of breads of two places, hv to take into consideration of the costs of livings at the two places:

So rm3/rm8685 = 0.0003454231 > sgd2.85/sgd11000= 0.0002090909

In fact the breads at jb are 65% higher than that in sg

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - sgbuffett - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 01:02 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  When you compare the prices of breads of two places, hv to take into consideration of the costs of livings at the two places:

So rm3/rm8685 = 0.0003454231 > sgd2.85/sgd11000= 0.0002090909

In fact the breads at jb are 65% higher than that in sg

You must be a turkey to say cost of living is lower in Singapore than in JB.

Cost is cost....you pay $3 is higher cost than you pay $2. That is the meaning of word "cost'. 

If you are trying to say affordability because of income difference .it is another discussion ....I was not discussing affordability of bread to Malaysian vs affordability of bread to Singaporeans.

When you use words please understand meaning of the words you use.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - [[ForeverAlone]] - 01-05-2023

(30-04-2023, 08:04 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Ah butt still does not accept the fact that rm 3.00 bread is expensive to the johorians

this is easy to be sway bluff by what Mr loo, kelvin etc these what " financial guru "
claim JB cheap cheap milk powder blah blah.

Yes for local JB is expensive for them, come Singaporean? Yes tactically you feel cheap is due to Strong SIN dollar but mind you , is Business. You think JB will not chop singaporean ? Obviously will since JB all along is the FIRST spot most singaporean will shop , eat there.

If claim so call slightly cheaper is have to move further up.

come to this bread price I mention before is STANDARD Price , due to currency rate different you see RM 3 bucks is so " cheap " conver to SIN dollar but is not cheap for locals in JB.

In fact most Locals in JB rarely shop there partly they know most store in JB the price is mark up very high for Singaporean.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - WhatDoYouThink! - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 01:21 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You must be a turkey to say cost of living is lower in Singapore than in JB.

Cost is cost....you pay $3 is higher cost than you pay $2. That is the meaning of word "cost'. 

If you are trying to say affordability because of income difference .it is another discussion ....I was not discussing affordability of bread to Malaysian vs affordability of bread to Singaporeans.

When you use words please understand meaning of the words you use.

You must be a gaybutt to say that the cost of living in sg is lower than that in jb.

To compare the prices directly, 2.3x3.3 > 3, that primary sch students way of comparison and incorrect.

(01-05-2023, 01:31 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  this is easy to be sway bluff by what Mr loo, kelvin etc these what " financial guru "
claim JB cheap cheap milk powder blah blah.

Yes for local JB is expensive for them, come Singaporean? Yes tactically you feel cheap is due to Strong SIN dollar but mind you , is Business. You think JB will not chop singaporean ? Obviously will since JB all along is the FIRST spot most singaporean will shop , eat there.

If claim so call slightly cheaper is have to move further up.

come to this bread price I mention before is STANDARD Price , due to currency rate different you see RM 3 bucks is so " cheap " conver to SIN dollar but is not cheap for locals in JB.

In fact most Locals in JB rarely shop there partly they know most store in JB the price is mark up very high for Singaporean.

Yalo, even you a non financial guru aso can understand those simple things. But a self proclaimed financial guru cannot.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - sgbuffett - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 01:33 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You must be a gaybutt to say that the cost of living in sg is lower than that in jb.

To compare the prices directly, 2.3x3.3 > 3, that primary sch students way of comparison and incorrect.

You imagined a point and attack the point. I never said Johoreans will find their bread more affordable.
This is imagined in your head and a detour from the discussion.

The discussion is on how the bread can be produced at a lower cost there than here.

Many have brought up various cost factors and I appreciate the points they made.

You, however, failed in comprehension.

(01-05-2023, 01:43 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You used the price of bread in jb to make your point  that is totally wrong right from the beginning

You are seeing the wrong point...due to inability to comprehend.

(01-05-2023, 01:39 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  You imagined a point and attack the point. I never said Johoreans will find their bread more affordable.
This is imagined in your head and a detour from the discussion.

The discussion is on how the bread can be produced at a lower cost there than here.

Many have brought up various cost factors and I appreciate the points they made.

You, however, failed in comprehension.

You used the price of bread in jb to make your point that is totally wrong right from the beginning

Your failed comprehension could be the reaon why you didnt do well in yr a lvl?

(01-05-2023, 01:46 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  You used the price of bread in jb to make your point  that is totally wrong right from the beginning

Your failed comprehension could be the reaon why you didnt do well in yr a lvl?

I use the price of bread in JB to make the point that the price of bread in JB is higher than price of bread in Singapore.

That is a fact.

You have to be a turkey to say this is not true

Nvml. If you're not a gaybutt then why dali lama's tonge sucking can becum tonge greetings to you

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - cheekopekman - 01-05-2023

Agreed with you lah! Big Grin Because of the exchange rate it's cheaper to us but more expensive to ChewHooKia leh! Sibeh gui ah!

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Bigiron - 01-05-2023

In sg they hire most of the staff from Malaysia hor.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - RiseofAsia - 01-05-2023

But 1 COE now can eat bread for life. Rotfl

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - K88 shu shu - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:23 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  But 1 COE now can eat bread for life. Rotfl

yes to peasants, no to rich and elites.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - wendychan - 01-05-2023

(30-04-2023, 07:52 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  ................

If you are rich in Sjngapore paying more for food is nothing because it's just a tiny portion of their income. But if you are poor it's a different matter.
 the people who  are supposedly serving the people are in the above bracket..

so itss not just food........ 

sometimes wonder if they hold wine parties  in their huge houses some with wine cellars and all try to outdo each other in insulting Singaporeans
one of the things they would complain about must be 
they are helping us some much yet we are so ungrateful?
etc etc and  FOOking etc

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Alice Alicia - 01-05-2023

Why you should never eat bread.
It's one of the main cause of many chronic diseases. It should be curbed like cigarettes.

https://youtu.be/pdMOxVRtCkc

(01-05-2023, 08:34 AM)Alice Alicia Wrote:  Why you should never eat bread.
It's one of the main cause of many chronic diseases. It should be curbed like cigarettes.

https://youtu.be/pdMOxVRtCkc

Is it white bread or all bread?

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Alice Alicia - 01-05-2023

Watch the video.
All bread.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - RiseofAsia - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 07:57 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  yes to peasants, no to rich and elites.

A country starts to rot when the top 10% income increase much more than the bottom 10%.

In 1978, US CEO salary was 30 times more than the bottom 10%. Now guess how much…  Rotfl

A country which can make the bottom 10% closes the income gap. This country wil prosper unimaginably. This is what I called Real growth.

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - pinkpanther - 01-05-2023

Why is a loaf of bread at 3rm consider as expensive. A can of coke also 3rm at most coffeeshops

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Talent - 01-05-2023

the bread in JB not fresh
u are not paying for fresh bread
buy Lavendar bread

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - wendychan - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 10:43 AM)Talent Wrote:  the bread in JB not fresh
buy Lavendar bread

he is tallking about gardenia bread right?
all  got expiry  dates

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - Lukongsimi - 01-05-2023

If u saw a bit of water trapped inside packet of bread it’s just came hot from the oven
But rare lah
Date stated by which date expired still not that fresh
Buy from bakery shop more fresh

RE: Gardenia bread prices Malaysia vs Sg....why I always buy 2 when I go JB - TalkingRabbit - 01-05-2023

(01-05-2023, 10:43 AM)Talent Wrote:  the bread in JB not fresh
buy Lavendar bread

donno why. JB lavender bread not nice. tried last time. very dry. never look back since. KL one so much better. Spore lavender overpriced.