SG Talk
$120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam (/Thread-120k-gone-Woman-loses-father-s-retirement-fund-after-falling-for-scam)

Pages: 1 2

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - Huliwang - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 10:10 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  When I have the time, I always answer and end up verbally abusing the scammers with various colourful choice vulgarities.  Either that or I don't answer the call at all.  No halfway for me Big Grin
The other day I offered that Indian scammer passwords and PIN numbers. He got shocked ...  Big Grin

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - p1acebo - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 10:13 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The other day I offered that Indian scammer passwords and PIN numbers. He got shocked ...  Big Grin

Hahaha  Cool

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - Oyk - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 09:27 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  download apps only from either Apple store or google play store, no problem.

For now.

Once scammers break into these stores, you'd never know which App is ever safe anymore.

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - Dan - 29-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 09:01 PM)starbugs Wrote:  She can still say she is not stupid?

She must be a HAN

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - K88 shu shu - 29-06-2023

(28-06-2023, 09:01 PM)starbugs Wrote:  She can still say she is not stupid?

correct lah.

she is not stupid, she is kumgong and naive.

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - wendychan - 29-06-2023

SHE IS AN EDITOR?

like this one below also kenna scammed
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/retired-reporter-scammed-out-of-3-million-forced-to-sell-properties-to-pay-loan-sharks

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - hansamu - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 10:10 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  When I have the time, I always answer and end up verbally abusing the scammers with various colourful choice vulgarities.  Either that or I don't answer the call at all.  No halfway for me Big Grin

Interesting indeed. 
"colourful choice vulgarities"....examples please. 
Surely  not "smelly meow meow" only?
Lol

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - p1acebo - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 11:17 AM)hansamu Wrote:  Interesting indeed. 
"colourful choice vulgarities"....examples please. 
Surely  not "smelly meow meow" only?
Lol

Scolding his laubu’s smelly meow meow  Laughing

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - webinarian - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 11:02 AM)Dan Wrote:  She must be a HAN

She is a Han, not Dan.   

Laughing

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - sgbuffett - 29-06-2023

Large number of Singapore population are ageing or not familiar with IT and IT security.

Singapore is a hotbed for scams and people lose their life savings due to scammers and hackers

I have moved all mom's funds.off line with nk Internet access.

The danger is too high with govt dishing out digitalisation courses to senior it makes it even more dangerous because I don't think seniors can understand all the security risks and are put online after the course.

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - sgbuffett - 29-06-2023

Those guys have skin thicker than elephant ...it is useless.

They are located jn Phillippines China and India where law enforcement is weak in such areas.

RE: $120k gone: Woman loses father's retirement fund after falling for scam - hansamu - 29-06-2023

(29-06-2023, 12:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Those guys have skin thicker than elephant ...it is useless.

They are located jn Phillippines China and India where law enforcement is weak in such areas.

Other than spewing out the crudest vulgarities , what else can we do to  vent our anger and unhappiness at them.

Looks like for the rest of human existence, this scam stuff will continue forever. 
These freaking scammers will be "JILLIONAIRES" for generations. 

Really easy money every day !!!