SG Talk
English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. (/Thread-English-is-not-spoken-here-in-Malaysia)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - sgh - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 02:56 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I also asked this same question years ago : Why Bolehland minorities Chinese gets different treatment vs minorities in SG?

Initially, some blame on culture like 好男不当兵 or institutional discrimination etc etc.

Then it became obvious M'sians male who gotten hold of PR in SG actively avoids NS...

Becuz they kiasee. They think we Sporen males not kiasee meh? We no choice need to serve else go sit lokap leh. The Msian Chinese no need sit lokap so of cuz actively siam becuz kiasee. They deserve to be bullied in Msia by the M race ppl.

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Manthink - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 03:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese is not a race. The Old Guards got it wrong. Your true race is Han.
If you hold a Singaporean passport and speak English with the immigration officer at a Chinese airport, he will be glad for the chance to practise his English.If a Chinese speaks English with him, he will think he's trying to be funny, if not show off.

So are the "Indian", "Malay" and "Others"....those aren't "race" other than a creative division by CECA's english-speaking colonial masters.

And I don't expect CECA-minded Oyk to thank me in enhancing Chatbot cheekopekman basic intelligenceBig Grin

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Oyk - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 04:11 PM)Manthink Wrote:  So are the "Indian", "Malay" and "Others"....those aren't "race" other than a creative division by CECA's english-speaking colonial masters.

And I don't expect CECA-minded Oyk to thank me in enhancing Chatbot cheekopekman basic intelligenceBig Grin

Para One
At last someone here understands what I had been saying all along.

Para Two
I don't stab or gossip about other members behind their back UNLESS those are trolls or troublemakers... CKPM is an ok fellow.  Rolleyes

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Observer - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 04:24 PM)Oyk Wrote:  [Image: wZLux1p.png]

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Manthink - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 04:24 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Para One At last someone here understands what I had been saying all along.
Para Two I don't stab or gossip about other members behind their back UNLESS those are trolls or troublemakers... CKPM is an ok fellow.  Rolleyes

Any sensible person will be surprised a CECA-minded character like Oyk cares about gossips and stories..

Why be bothered when I am here to help explain the reality that England-speaking is just a legacy of Colonialism Big Grin

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - cheekopekman - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 02:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  I am talking about serving in the army,navy,airforce as a Chinese. You will do or not? Msia Chinese don't want to do one leh let Malay do so die Malay first if got war or riot.

I did NS to protect my family and myself in Singapore lah! Big Grin Why worry about other countries leh? Thinking

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - cheekopekman - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 03:00 PM)Manthink Wrote:  I just discovered a software bug !

Chatbot cheekopekman is programmed to generate convincing lies but very badly Big Grin

(30-11-2023, 03:41 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Chinese is not a race. The Old Guards got it wrong. Your true race is Han.

If you hold a Singaporean passport and speak English with the immigration officer at a Chinese airport, he will be glad for the chance to practise his English.

If a Chinese speaks English with him, he will think he's trying to be funny, if not show off.

Take out your NRIC and check lah! Big Grin What is your Race printed there leh? Thinking

(30-11-2023, 05:42 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I did NS to protect my family and myself in Singapore lah! Big Grin Why worry about other countries leh? Thinking

(30-11-2023, 05:42 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I different mah.
I worry about this

https://i.imgur.com/MEBS2sa.jpg

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Oyk - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 05:46 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Take out your NRIC and check lah! Big Grin What is your Race printed there leh? Thinking

Wear your nric on your neck, line up at the row for the Chinese at a Chinese airport and see what happens.  Rolleyes

(30-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I wear this pic below they know I am a mother fûcking Han Chinese.  Rolleyes

[Image: 0svTbPV.png]

(30-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Wear your nric on your neck, line up at the row for the Chinese at a Chinese airport and see what happens.  Rolleyes

(30-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Observer Wrote:  Hey motherfucker are you hiding?

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - watchfirst9 - 30-11-2023

(30-11-2023, 03:28 PM)Oyk Wrote:  A Thai retuning to Thailand is expected to speak Thai with the immigration officer at a Thai airport.

If he speaks English, the immigration officer may think he's trying to be funny.

Malaysia's working language is Bahasa Malaysia and all Malaysians are expected to speak it with government officials. It does not matter if the Malaysian is a Tamil, a Han whatever. English is neither Malaysia's national language nor working language.

Some fail to understand the difference

Sg make it very clear from the start by written into constitution

Official languages and national language Malay, Mandarin, Tamil and English shall be the 4 official languages in Singapore. The national language shall be the Malay language and shall be in the Roman script: Provided that — no person shall be prohibited or prevented from using or from teaching or learning any other language; and nothing in this section shall prejudice the right of the Government to preserve and sustain the use and study of the language of any other community in Singapore.

Language of documents (O. 3, r. 7) All documents filed or used in Court must be in the English language. A document which is not in the English language must be accompanied by a translation in the English language certified by a court interpreter or verified by an affidavit of a person qualified to translate the document.

Documents, etc., to be in English Every document that a society is required to furnish or submit to, or lodge with, the Registrar must be in the English language or, if the document or any part of it is not in the English language, be accompanied by an accurate translation in the English language of that document or part.

So Malaysian Chinese or Malaysian of any minority should stop treat it oddly.

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - aiptasia - 01-12-2023

(30-11-2023, 05:46 PM)The cheekopekman Wrote:  Take out your NRIC and check lah! Big Grin What is your Race printed there leh? Thinking

The cheebai pukimak Oyk can print his own IC but he can't because he hold a stinking CECA passport LOL!

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - cheekopekman - 01-12-2023

(30-11-2023, 07:45 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Wear your nric on your neck, line up at the row for the Chinese at a Chinese airport and see what happens.  Rolleyes

I had been to China 🇨🇳 before lah! Big Grin When they saw my Singapore red passport they treated me like VIP lah!

(01-12-2023, 02:07 AM)aiptasia Wrote:  The cheebai pukimak Oyk can print his own IC but he can't because he hold a stinking CECA passport LOL!

You mean Oyk is from India 🇮🇳 meh? Thinking

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - aiptasia - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 07:36 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  You mean Oyk is from India 🇮🇳 meh? Thinking

It's a nick shared between a few Pappy IBs of which one of them is a CECA

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - WhatDoYouThink! - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 07:35 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I had been to China 🇨🇳 before lah! Big Grin When they saw my Singapore red passport they treated me like VIP lah!

But got one old fart always joined queues for "Chinese Nationals" and kena dragged away. He then showed his pink IC with the word Chinese and screamed he's a hans.

(01-12-2023, 11:47 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  But got one old fart always joined queues for "Chinese Nationals" and kena dragged away. He then showed his pink IC with the word Chinese and screamed he's a hans.

I don't know about that lah! Big Grin

(01-12-2023, 01:38 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I don't know about that lah! Big Grin

Very confused leh. Claimed to be a hans, but IC says he's chinese, lives in singapore, but joined the fast lane for chinese nationals. Like a what tiao

(01-12-2023, 01:43 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  Very confused leh. Claimed to be a hans, but IC says he's chinese, lives in singapore, but joined the fast lane for chinese nationals. Like a what tiao

I only joined the common queue lah! Big Grin Nothing special lah!

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Oyk - 01-12-2023

(30-11-2023, 10:39 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote:  Some fail to understand the difference

Sg make it very clear from the start by written into constitution

Official languages and national language Malay, Mandarin, Tamil and English shall be the 4 official languages in Singapore. The national language shall be the Malay language and shall be in the Roman script: Provided that — no person shall be prohibited or prevented from using or from teaching or learning any other language; and nothing in this section shall prejudice the right of the Government to preserve and sustain the use and study of the language of any other community in Singapore.

Language of documents (O. 3, r. 7) All documents filed or used in Court must be in the English language. A document which is not in the English language must be accompanied by a translation in the English language certified by a court interpreter or verified by an affidavit of a person qualified to translate the document.

Documents, etc., to be in English Every document that a society is required to furnish or submit to, or lodge with, the Registrar must be in the English language or, if the document or any part of it is not in the English language, be accompanied by an accurate translation in the English language of that document or part.

So Malaysian Chinese or Malaysian of any minority should stop treat it oddly.

Malaysia's laws are not subjugated to Singapore's, so what we wrote in our Constitution are not binding on them.

Nevertheless it's common sense that if you are a Malaysian, you should speak the working language of your country with another Malaysian in an official setting. On a social setting, a group of Malaysians can speak whatever they want among themselves but speaking to an immigration officer is not quite a social thing.

(01-12-2023, 02:15 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  I only joined the common queue lah! Big Grin Nothing special lah!

I thought you were going to bark “I am Chinese! 我会说普通话!你们看!这是什么!看到了吗?是我的新加坡身份证啊!看到了没?。。。我是Chinese 啊!”

Mai sia suay us Sinkies hor.  Rolleyes

(01-12-2023, 02:54 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I thought you were going to bark “I am Chinese! 我会说普通话!你们看!这是什么!看到了吗?是我的新加坡身份证啊!看到了没?。。。我是Chinese 啊!”

Then why are you writing in English now leh? Thinking Write all in Chinese lah! Big Grin

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Observer - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 02:54 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I thought you were going to bark “I am Chinese! 我会说普通话!你们看!这是什么!看到了吗?是我的新加坡身份证啊!看到了没?。。。我是Chinese 啊!”

(01-12-2023, 02:54 PM)Observer Wrote:  Have you look at the mirror?
[Image: 0svTbPV.png]

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - Tee tiong huat - 01-12-2023

(29-11-2023, 09:34 AM)moonrab Wrote:  Malay....sia.
Get it?
All must speak Malayu in Malaysia. Some even wanted all must use Malay name. 

Same as Indonesia and Thailand. One race ideology. Cheers!!
Political or for Malaysia Boleh.  Rotfl
Controversies are also likely to influence them, while assessment of PM Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s fledgling govt by 40% M'sians aged under 40, most will also be speaking Malayu like older people for eg: Kit Siang: Dr Mahathir ‘eating his own words’ about PAS, Hadi after being appointed unofficial advisor

All Malaysia in six states on August 12 in what is seen as a litmus test for the new coalition govt of PM Anwar Ibrahim. All most can speaked Malayu, in Kedah, Penang, Kelantan, Terengganu, Selangor and Negeri Sembilan will deliver the first electoral progress report for Anwar’s govt since his Pakatan Harapan-led coalition swept to power in the general election last Nov.
Malaysia Malayu miste Boleh lahh. Clapping

(01-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Malaysia's laws are not subjugated to Singapore's, so what we wrote in our Constitution are not binding on them.

Nevertheless it's common sense that if you are a Malaysian, you should speak the working language of your country with another Malaysian in an official setting. On a social setting, a group of Malaysians can speak whatever they want among themselves but speaking to an immigration officer is not quite a social thing.

Write in Chinese lah! Big Grin Sibeh howlian leh!

Notice that more places in jb use england only. Is that true?

RE: English is not spoken here in Malaysia. - starbugstk - 01-12-2023

(01-12-2023, 02:49 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Malaysia's laws are not subjugated to Singapore's, so what we wrote in our Constitution are not binding on them.

Knnbccb! So in another word you can fuuck your mother and grandaughter in Singapore but cannot do it in Malaysia is that correct? Knnbccb!

(01-12-2023, 07:18 PM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Write in Chinese lah! Big Grin Sibeh howlian leh!

干你那背槽气拜 Rolleyes

(01-12-2023, 07:25 PM)starbugstk Wrote:  Knnbccb! So in another word you can fuuck your mother and grandaughter in Singapore but cannot do it in Malaysia is that correct? Knnbccb!

Tiu lei lo mo chao fa hei
Hum kar chan  Rolleyes