SG Talk
K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . (/Thread-K-Drama-worth-waiting-for)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Galilo_l - 02-10-2021

(19-09-2021, 01:12 PM)Ola Wrote:  Whatever is by Song Joong Ki  . .. .can watch.  All got standard.

If nothing to do, can watch this light hearted drama with potato chips. 

There is another same title Hometown drama without the 3xcha... thriller suspense...
https://youtu.be/WJY9ny5Sasg

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Levin - 04-10-2021

Just completed the Korean drama, 365: Repeat The Year.

One of the better AND "complete" Korean drama I have seen this year. I will rate it together with Kairos as the top two with Vagabond a close third for the Korean series I have seen this year.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - RiseofAsia - 04-10-2021

Anybody got watch  Hometown Cha Cha Cha in Netflix?
One of for the best Korean Movies for your wife to watch...

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - surfer - 04-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 09:48 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Anybody got watch  Hometown Cha Cha Cha in Netflix?

Already showing at episode 12 as of latest.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Galilo_l - 07-10-2021

When the grisly murder of her father puts a young woman on the quest for revenge, giving up everything she knows—even her name—is a small price to pay. Go undercover with Han So-hee (NEVERTHELESS,) in the newest Netflix series MY NAME. Also starring Park Hee-soon (BEAUTIFUL WORLD) and Ahn Bo-hyun (ITAEWON CLASS).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KFMYo3xax2A

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Galilo_l - 11-10-2021

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/squid-game-director-hwang-dong-hyuk-shares-plans-for-second-season

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 11-10-2021

(04-10-2021, 09:48 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Anybody got watch  Hometown Cha Cha Cha in Netflix?

Rotfl

I understand where u r coming from.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Sentinel - 11-10-2021

I watch Myself

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Levin - 13-10-2021

Finished Squid Game last night.

Definitely watchable. Just not as good as I expected. First the bad. The plot is not as "intelligent" (or what some called mindfuck) as those in other stories of the same genre such as:

- Liar Game (manga, Japanese TV series, Korean TV series)
- The Lie Eater (manga, upcoming movie but I doubt it will be good as the manga has 49 tankobons which will require at least a TV series or anime to do it justice)
- One Outs (manga, anime)
- Kaiji (6 mangas involving the gambler Kaiji, anime, films, stage show, video game)
- 惊悚乐园 (novel)
- 我有一座冒险屋 (novel)
- 我的一天有48小时 (novel. Less similar as the "games" are long and could run into years)
- 恐怖广播 (novel) etc

It is comparable to Alice in Borderlands (manga, TV series). Most probably better than the movies Running Man, Hunger Games series and The Maze Runner series, etc (did not read the novels).

About the good. I think the emotions of the participants are the highlights because all of them are ordinary people unlike the ultra-intelligent protagonists in the "mindfuck" stories I mentioned earlier. So that makes the viewer empathised with them more. Some logic flaws but overall acceptable.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 08:05 AM)Levin Wrote:  Finished Squid Game last night.

Definitely watchable. Just not as good as I expected. First the bad. The plot is not as "intelligent" (or what some called mindfuck) as those in other stories of the same genre such as:

- The Lie Eater (manga, upcoming movie but I doubt it will be good as the manga has 49 tankobons which will require at least a TV series or anime to do it justice)
- Kaiji (6 mangas involving the gambler Kaiji, anime, films, stage show, video game)
- 惊悚乐园 (novel)
- 我有一座冒险屋 (novel)
- 我的一天有48小时 (novel. Less similar as the "games" are long and could run into years)
- 恐怖广播 (novel) etc

It is comparable to Alice in Borderlands (manga, TV series). Most probably better than the movies Running Man, Hunger Games series and The Maze Runner series, etc (did not read the novels).

About the good. I think the emotions of the participants are the highlights because all of them are ordinary people unlike the ultra-intelligent protagonists in the "mindfuck" stories I mentioned earlier. So that makes the viewer empathised with them more. Some logic flaws but overall acceptable.

It won Netflix #1 spot with 111 million viewers within the first 28 days. But I gave up after the first episode.

South Korean Drama Squid Game Is Officially Netflix’s Biggest Series Ever (msn.com)

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - starbugs - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 08:05 AM)Levin Wrote:  Finished Squid Game last night.

- 惊悚乐园 (novel)
- 我有一座冒险屋 (novel)
- 恐怖广播 (novel) etc

Same. I rate it as very good, but not good as what the worldwide reception suggests.

I suppose if one watches enough Jap/Korean death match dramas, the Squid Game plot is not very original. I could see some of the the twists in the partner episode well in advance. Alice in Borderland has the same exact twist.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Levin - 13-10-2021

(13-10-2021, 01:06 PM)Ola Wrote:  It won Netflix #1 spot with 111 million viewers within the first 28 days. But I gave up after the first episode.

I almost gave up after the first episode too. But I like the actor who acted as the main protagonist and this character is so different from the other roles I have seen him in so I continue watching. Episode 2 was somewhat better. Again, not much 'intelligence' in the plotting so I do not like it that much. This series is more a show of the players' emotions and reactions rather than the intelligence of the players.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Notdumb - 13-10-2021

I love watching PRC serials.....so many pretty girls! And the stories very cute!

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 23-10-2021

Highly anticipated USD 25 Million drama by Kim Nam Gil will be coming on Netflix.

https://kdramabuddy.com/kim-nam-gil-in-talks-to-lead-new-netflix-original-series-thief-sound-of-the-sword/

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 30-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 11:33 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/life/entertainment/squid-game-director-hwang-dong-hyuk-shares-plans-for-second-season

This is K- Wave/ K- Tsunami? 

IN FOCUS: Squid Game, Parasite and BTS – how 'Korean wave' has taken over the world - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Galilo_l - 31-10-2021

(30-10-2021, 04:39 PM)Ola Wrote:  This is K- Wave/ K- Tsunami? 

IN FOCUS: Squid Game, Parasite and BTS – how 'Korean wave' has taken over the world - CNA (channelnewsasia.com)

'汗'流浃背 Big Grin

(23-10-2021, 02:49 PM)Ola Wrote:  Highly anticipated USD 25 Million drama by Kim Nam Gil  will be coming on Netflix.

https://kdramabuddy.com/kim-nam-gil-in-talks-to-lead-new-netflix-original-series-thief-sound-of-the-sword/

This kimchi siang lai eh?  Big Grin

Inspector Koo ... comedy detective... 
https://youtu.be/WWGFT_ihdgg

Chimera... sounds like chimp took camera... anyway genre is crime thriller... Don know nice or not  Big Grin
https://youtu.be/7b5VytfQr_s

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 01:46 AM)Galilo_l Wrote:  This kimchi siang lai eh?  Big Grin

Rotfl

Don't know. Not handsome so I don't know if I will watch anot.

The older and handsome korean actors to me are: Zhang Dong Gun and Jo In Sung.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 31-10-2021

I thought Han So Hee is only a beautiful vase but I was wrong.

Finished this < My Name> and saw her like MMA Fighter!

I rate this 8/10, not gruesome like Zombies but still rather bloody.

8 Episodes for this drama only.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - NoActionTalkOnly - 31-10-2021

If you can catch Steel Rain single episode only about plot to kill Kim this show very realistic full of action don't miss if you can?

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - surfer - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 04:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  I thought Han So Hee is only a beautiful vase but I was wrong.

This series already completed.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - surfer - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 04:50 PM)NoActionTalkOnly Wrote:  If you can catch Steel Rain single episode only about plot to kill Kim this show very realistic full of action don't miss if you can?

Old movie. Watchable

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - NoActionTalkOnly - 31-10-2021

(31-10-2021, 07:32 PM)surfer Wrote:  Old movie. Watchable

Yes action packed

(31-10-2021, 04:33 PM)Ola Wrote:  I thought Han So Hee is only a beautiful vase but I was wrong.

Yes this drama better than her Nevertheless  Big Grin

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - TalkingRabbit - 09-11-2021

The current 10pm K drama on Ch U doesn't seem to be interesting. 
Wonder what else to watch on TV at this hour besides news while waiting for market open ZZzzZ

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Levin - 10-11-2021

(09-11-2021, 10:11 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  The current 10pm K drama on Ch U doesn't seem to be interesting. 
Wonder what else to watch on TV at this hour besides news while waiting for market open ZZzzZ

Can watch on the internet instead? More choices and control over schedule. I am watching this show below right now. Most probably will be the best TV series I watched this year. 

I expected either Kairos or The Queen's Gambit to be the top show I watched this year but this dark horse turned out to be better so far but I am not even halfway through so too early to determine the winner.

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Ola - 10-11-2021

(13-10-2021, 02:00 PM)Levin Wrote:  I almost gave up after the first episode too. But I like the actor who acted as the main protagonist and this character is so different from the other roles I have seen him in so I continue watching. Episode 2 was somewhat better. Again, not much 'intelligence' in the plotting so I do not like it that much. This series is more a show of the players' emotions and reactions rather than the intelligence of the players.

If I need to watch a Variety/ Game Show with  Mystery & Murder, I would recommend < BUSTED> .

RE: K- Drama worth waiting for . . . . - Levin - 10-11-2021

(10-11-2021, 01:00 PM)Ola Wrote:  If I need to watch a Variety/ Game Show with  Mystery & Murder, I would recommend < BUSTED> .

This one i heard not bad. My favourite is this one:

Bear in mind that this is episode 1 of season 1 which is not as great as the players are still getting used to the game. But the show gets better and better. 6 seasons altogether with another 2 seasons of spinoffs. All available on YouTube. Recommended to watch from season 1 ep 1 as it seems to be a connected multi-verse.

Additional note: S1 of spinoff (我是大侦探;Who's the Keyman) should be watched after Who's the Murderer S3. S2 should be watched after Who's the Murderer S4.

There is another spinoff for university students but the cases are less complex and thus less fun for me so I do not recommend that spinoff.