SG Talk
The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore (/Thread-The-Dark-Truth-Why-SimplyGo-Was-A-Disaster-In-Singapore)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - singaporean1964 - 11-02-2024

https://youtu.be/qUOtEBG8Bng

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - Huliwang - 11-02-2024

The video just gave a run down of the F...k up. Where got expose the dark truth? So what exactly is the dark truth of this fiasco?      Thinking

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - sgbuffett - 11-02-2024

Oit is wrong to say SimolyGo is a disaster when it is working fine.

It's more a rollout issue and phasing out of ezlink.

SimpleGo itself works well.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - singaporean1964 - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The video just gave a run down of the F...k up. Where got expose the dark truth? So what exactly is the dark truth of this fiasco?      Thinking
i think the dark truth is that LTA fuckked up the survey,,dunno they say they have ask many pple test use...simplygo

but maybe all of them are pap porlumpars..lol

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - Huliwang - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:49 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  i think the dark truth is that LTA fuckked up the survey,,dunno they say they have ask many pple test use...simplygo

but maybe all of them are pap porlumpars..lol

I was expecting something like that have a team of incompetent IT staff as dark truth.    Big Grin

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - K88 shu shu - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:45 AM)Huliwang Wrote:  The video just gave a run down of the F...k up. Where got expose the dark truth? So what exactly is the dark truth of this fiasco?      Thinking

TS just started a misleading title thread.

admin should ban him.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - Fit - 11-02-2024

Post responsibly, please!

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - sgbuffett - 11-02-2024

Let's put it this way is Ezlink is considered a fiasco, PAP must be a damn good govt because it's such a small issue and was fixed by not phasing out Ezlink.

For me the overcrowding of hospital and insufficient beds is a far more serious issue.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - forum456 - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oit is wrong to say SimolyGo is a disaster when it is working fine.

It's more a rollout issue and phasing out of ezlink.

SimpleGo itself works well.

it is not a rollout issue.
if you work in the govt sector, you will know that this kind of mistakes are very common.
for example, recently LTA reversed decision on to prolong a bus service.

the reason is very simple.
in private sector, private companies will make decision to benefit the commuters so that they will continue to use their products.
in govt sector, commuters are liabilities for subsidies, the govt agencies will make decision to cut cost and commuters are forced to use their services.

in private sector, companies know that commuters have choices to choose.
in govt sector, govt agencies know that commuters have no choice to choose.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - forum456 - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 09:47 AM)forum456 Wrote:  it is not a rollout issue.
if you work in the govt sector, you will know that this kind of mistakes are very common.
for example, recently LTA reversed decision on to prolong a bus service.

the reason is very simple.
in private sector, private companies will make decision to benefit the commuters so that they will continue to use their products.
in govt sector, commuters are liabilities for subsidies, the govt agencies will make decision to cut cost and commuters are forced to use their services.

in private sector, companies know that commuters have choices to choose.
in govt sector, govt agencies know that commuters have no choice to choose.

2 forever mistakes in govt sector
1) U turn on decision when feedback is bad.
2) A service/product becomes obsolete in a year when no one wants to use.

these kind of mistakes will never happen in private sector.
this explains why public sector CEOs can never do well in private sector.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - WhatDoYouThink! - 11-02-2024

1. Project team's failures
2. Lack of accountability

(11-02-2024, 10:16 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  1. Project team's failures
2. Lack of accountability

not project team failures because the decision is vetted and approved by LTA CEO and ministers.
they wanted this outcome but under-estimated the negative feedback.

not lack of accountability because they are only accountable to the govt and not to the subsidy of the commuters 
just like a charity is accountable to the donors and charity but not accountable to the recipients who receive money from the charity

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - mrclubbie - 11-02-2024

actually is coz people at the top dont even use these systems, so they dun give a f...

(11-02-2024, 10:34 AM)mrclubbie Wrote:  actually is coz people at the top dont even use these systems, so they dun give a f...

not true because most proposals are made by staff at the bottom who use the systems.
most decisions are to benefit the govt than commuters.

(11-02-2024, 10:48 AM)forum456 Wrote:  not true because most proposals are made by staff at the bottom who use the systems.
most decisions are to benefit the govt than commuters.

let me give a scenario.

if a staff proposes a saving of $40 millions and collected a survey that commuters want to use simplyGo, he will be promoted next year.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - sgh - 11-02-2024

Actually the old system has reached end of line soon all hardware software etc no more support and if wanna continue need pay a lot 40 million? From business angle not justifiable hence need to move to new systems.

Example you will continue to use Nokia era phone which is now getting hard to get spare parts etc. Same as old car model no more spare parts. Continue pay or invest for future?

The no display of realtime fare reaction maybe underestimate for not building into new system but the overall direction is right in my opinion

(11-02-2024, 07:04 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore

there is no dark truth.
people who worked in govt sector know that it is common mistake in govt sector.

(11-02-2024, 11:00 AM)sgh Wrote:  Actually the old system has reached end of line soon all hardware software etc no more support and if wanna continue need pay a lot 40 million? From business angle not justifiable hence need to move to new systems.

Example you will continue to use Nokia era phone which is now getting hard to get spare parts etc. Same as old car model no more spare parts. Continue pay or invest for future?

The no display of realtime fare reaction maybe underestimate for not building into new system but the overall direction is right in my opinion

if LTA was a private company, $40 millions is justifiable because the company will go bankrupt if no commuter use the new system because they have other choices.
the direction is correct only if commuters have no choice.
if the commuters have other choices, the direction is wrong.

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - animeonegai - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 10:11 AM)forum456 Wrote:  2 forever mistakes in govt sector
1) U turn on decision when feedback is bad.
2) A service/product becomes obsolete in a year when no one wants to use.

these kind of mistakes will never happen in private sector.
this explains why public sector CEOs can never do well in private sector.

They never U turn on gst leh. What this say ah?

(11-02-2024, 11:09 AM)animeonegai Wrote:  They never U turn on gst leh. What this say ah?

if PAP votes drop to 51%, they will u turn on gst.

(11-02-2024, 11:05 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if LTA was a private company, $40 millions is justifiable because the company will go bankrupt if no commuter use the new system because they have other choices.
the direction is correct only if commuters have no choice.
if the commuters have other choices, the direction is wrong.

Using my analogy Nokia phone no more build new spare parts so you will keep using until no spare parts can be found then switch? Switch is easy as just buy new smartphone but for backend IT system a lot need to do cannot just say switch within a day

(11-02-2024, 11:15 AM)sgh Wrote:  Using my analogy Nokia phone no more build new spare parts so you will keep using until no spare parts can be found then switch? Switch is easy as just buy new smartphone but for backend IT system a lot need to do cannot just say switch within a day

nokia analogy cannot be used because I have many choices to choose like iphone, samsung, xiaomi etc.

if old system is going to be obsolete. you need to build a new system beforehand that the commuters want to use and not build a new system to force commuters to use.
actually simplygo is an old system developed in 1997.
LTA never develops a new system but forces commuters to use a 1997 simplygo system

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - WhatDoYouThink! - 11-02-2024

All other countries aso hv such problem? They are much bigger in population and hence user base

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - EvertonDiehard - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 07:49 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  Oit is wrong to say SimolyGo is a disaster when it is working fine. It's more a rollout issue and phasing out of ezlink. SimpleGo itself works well.

Why don't the Pappies just roll away or out the door?

[Image: Lightning.jpg]

RE: The Dark Truth: Why SimplyGo Was A Disaster In Singapore - EvertonDiehard - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 11:26 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  All other countries aso hv such problem? They are much bigger in population and hence user base

SG is a small country, but the MIW still have problems managing it

[Image: Government.jpg]

(11-02-2024, 11:11 AM)forum456 Wrote:  if PAP votes drop to 51%, they will u turn on gst.

The problem is the 60 - 70% who keep voting for continued hardship and rising costs!
[Image: Greedy.jpg]

(11-02-2024, 11:01 AM)forum456 Wrote:  there is no dark truth. people who worked in govt sector know that it is common mistake in govt sector.

The dark truth about reverse discrimination in SG

[Image: Ceca.jpg]

(11-02-2024, 11:25 AM)forum456 Wrote:  nokia analogy cannot be used because I have many choices to choose like iphone, samsung, xiaomi etc.

if old system is going to be obsolete. you need to build a new system beforehand that the commuters want to use and not build a new system to force commuters to use.
actually simplygo is an old system developed in 1997.
LTA never develops a new system but forces commuters to use a 1997 simplygo system

Can I ask you work in SimplyGo system as vendor? You mention 1997 but it was announced to public around 2019. Minus a few years back as research and test will be say 2010. But you put the date to 1997 which I think by now are obsolete IT technology

(11-02-2024, 11:34 AM)sgh Wrote:  Can I ask you work in SimplyGo system as vendor? You mention 1997 but it was announced to public around 2019. Minus a few years back as research and test will be say 2010. But you put the date to 1997 which I think by now are obsolete IT technology

My mistake.
It should be 2019 system. still an old system

(11-02-2024, 11:42 AM)forum456 Wrote:  My mistake.
It should be 2019 system. still an old system

If 2019 to you is old system then the Ezylink is dinosaur system liao lagi hard to get spare parts and software obsolete without paying an arm or leg