SG Talk
Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers (/Thread-Govt-ironing-out-temporary-financial-support-scheme-for-retrenched-workers)

Pages: 1 2

Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Bigiron - 16-02-2024

Budget 2024: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers; details to be unveiled

The announcement by Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong comes amidst a recent spate of layoffs, including in technology companies like Lazada, and after overall retrenchments more than doubled in 2023 from the year before.

💼 https://tdy.sg/48eyrJu

@todayonlinesg

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - [[ForeverAlone]] - 16-02-2024

wow like that taxing on the other hand , will increase something else where hor.

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Bigiron - 16-02-2024

Budget 2024: S$4,000 SkillsFuture top-up for S'poreans aged 40 and above, up to S$3,000 monthly training allowance for selected courses

Younger Singaporeans will get the S$4,000 SkillsFuture credit top-up when they turn 40, said Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong.

💲 https://tdy.sg/3SYxz7q

@todayonlinesg

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - EvertonDiehard - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 04:21 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Budget 2024: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers; details to be unveiled. The announcement by Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong comes a. midst a recent spate of layoffs, including in technology companies like Lazada, and after overall retrenchments more than doubled in 2023 from the year before.

The MIW are pro-business, but now they suddenly show empathy towards the workers who form the largest group of voters for the coming GE. 

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Bigiron - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 04:55 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  The MIW are pro-business, but now they suddenly show empathy towards the workers who form the largest group of voters for the coming GE. 

Indeed GE coming

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - EvertonDiehard - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 05:10 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Indeed GE coming

My family GP said he almost fell off his chair when the MIW MP dropped in to see him just before the last GE. The good doctor says it happens once every 5 years. Hahaha.

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - pinkpanther - 16-02-2024

Which course got training allowances of 3k per month....I also want to take!

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Oyk - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 06:20 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My family GP said he almost fell off his chair when the MIW MP dropped in to see him just before the last GE. The good doctor says it happens once every 5 years. Hahaha.

Walkabouts are tiring. Depends on your age, you either get dehydrated or a heat stroke. Why MP cannot see doctor?  Rolleyes

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - sgh - 16-02-2024

There will be a financial package for involuntarily unemployed aka retrench ppl. More details to be released. Basically no job while look for job got monies take. But what if always cannot find job take monies until can find? They sure impose strict rules else everyone keng cannot find becuz I will keng too hahaha

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Oyk - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 06:58 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Which course got training allowances of 3k per month....I also want to take!

Healthcare will be one. You will learn the following:-

1. How to change diapers for Opserber
2. How to do CPR including mouth kiss for KillChoy
3. How to do bed bath for starfugstk
4. How to change the urine bag for danthief  Rotfl

(16-02-2024, 06:58 PM)pinkpanther Wrote:  Which course got training allowances of 3k per month....I also want to take!

Let join together

(16-02-2024, 07:06 PM)sgh Wrote:  There will be a financial package for involuntarily unemployed aka retrench ppl. More details to be released. Basically no job while look for job got monies take. But what if always cannot find job take monies until can find? They sure impose strict rules else everyone keng cannot find becuz I will keng too hahaha

The government will probably help you to find a job and if you reject the job (s) offered, the payouts will cease?

(16-02-2024, 07:09 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Let join together

All these money come from taxpayers. Your type of face... don't waste our money lar.  Rolleyes

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - sgh - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 07:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The government will probably help you to find a job and if you reject the job (s) offered, the payouts will cease?

They are already doing that as per existing. Cleaner security guard etc. If hardworking can become cleaning and security guard supervisor

(16-02-2024, 04:33 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  Budget 2024: S$4,000 SkillsFuture top-up for S'poreans aged 40 and above, up to S$3,000 monthly training allowance for selected courses

Younger Singaporeans will get the S$4,000 SkillsFuture credit top-up when they turn 40, said Deputy Prime Minister Lawrence Wong.

💲 https://tdy.sg/3SYxz7q

@todayonlinesg

4k makes sense

Obviously the government had been in touch with the ground and listened to the feedback.

Last time when it was merely $500, it was not enough to learn anything of value. It benefitted commerical schools which ran stupid course like How to use your smartphone, how to download and use e-commerce Apps like Shopee and Lazada.

What could you do with $500? In the end the SFC was untouched.

Not all dialect groups are the same. The Hakkas are reputed for being stringy.

Thr Hokkiens are slightly more generous.

Lawrence Wong proved that the most generous so far are the Hainanese.

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - wendychan - 16-02-2024

Elections during Sept school holidays ?

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Ola - 16-02-2024

SAI, lah

People like me from one contract to another

Or like my friend with Pharma Diploma 3mths contract and then waste 2 years to look for another contract

Will never get any financial support, lor

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Wy:Nox - 16-02-2024

We have to thank Chee Soon Juan for speaking up for us which benefits us in the long run. Time to vote for him.

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - talky - 16-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 07:10 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The government will probably help you to find a job and if you reject the job (s) offered, the payouts will cease?

if the job is not even enough to pay for minimum whole household mthly expenditure u rejected becos of this valid reason?

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - pinkypanther - 17-02-2024

http://tinyurl.com/2bwf539s

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - ysh02 - 17-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 08:30 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  We have to thank Chee Soon Juan for speaking up for us which benefits us in the long run. Time to vote for him.

May know what he spoke har ?

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - EvertonDiehard - 17-02-2024

That is the best way to weed out the lazy bums.

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Oyk - 17-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 07:12 PM)sgh Wrote:  They are already doing that as per existing. Cleaner security guard etc. If hardworking can become cleaning and security guard supervisor
NTUC is doing that. A lot of their unionized workers only have primary or lower secondary school education. If you think RK or Nicole Rebecca Seah can find them a job in..

Oh wait.  Rolleyes

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - Oyk - 17-02-2024

(17-02-2024, 09:02 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  That is the best way to weed out the lazy bums.

There will be peepur trying to game the system.

Someone even said in edmw he will ask his mother to take up some random course, he will do the assignments, and every month song song gao Jurong, they collect $3000... for 2 years.

They didn't understand what Lawrence Wong said. Multiversal already corrected him, which left me with nothing to say there.  Big Grin

(16-02-2024, 08:30 PM)Wy:Nox Wrote:  We have to thank Chee Soon Juan for speaking up for us which benefits us in the long run. Time to vote for him.

No harm giving him one term to let him prove himself.

Trouble is that the oppies refused to vote for him and I believe it was because of Chiam See Tong.

Dr Chee is a serious man who will do what he wants to do without saga. But the oppies preferred RK and Nicole Rebecca Seah wor.  Rolleyes

And everytime I mentioned RK his supporter KillChoy will get his panty in a mighty twist. He sent me 36 ALERTS... I don't know how many hours of sleep he lost but it only took me 5 seconds to delete all of them. Love

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - RiseofAsia - 17-02-2024

Unveil by When?
This year 31 Dec?  Rotfl

This year no more upgrade on baby bonus.
Loong year more babies? Then shd cut the baby bonus.

(16-02-2024, 09:45 PM)talky Wrote:  if the job is not even enough to pay for minimum whole household mthly expenditure u rejected becos of this valid reason?

If you were earning 2k and the new job pays that, what is your problem?

Did the government ask someone who earned 10k like those in Lazada to go and wash dishes in a restaurant and he says, it's not enough money for me because I have a condo, a car, a Dobermaine..

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - KILLjoy - 17-02-2024

(16-02-2024, 07:07 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Healthcare will be one. You will learn the following:-
1. How to change diapers for Opserber
2. How to do CPR including mouth kiss for KILLChoy
3. How to do bed bath for starfugstk
4. How to change the urine bag for danthief  Rotfl

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk ❤️ KILLChoy

RE: Govt ironing out 'temporary financial support scheme' for retrenched workers - KILLjoy - 17-02-2024

(17-02-2024, 11:26 AM)Oyk Wrote:  NTUC is doing that. A lot of their unionized workers only have primary or lower secondary school education. If you think RK or Nicole Rebecca Seah can find them a job in..

Oh wait.  Rolleyes

(17-02-2024, 11:32 AM)Oyk Wrote:  There will be peepur trying to game the system.

Someone even said in edmw he will ask his mother to take up some random course, he will do the assignments, and every month song song gao Jurong, they collect $3000... for 2 years.

They didn't understand what Lawrence Wong said. Multiversal already corrected him, which left me with nothing to say there.  Big Grin

(17-02-2024, 11:43 AM)Oyk Wrote:  No harm giving him one term to let him prove himself.

Trouble is that the oppies refused to vote for him and I believe it was because of Chiam See Tong.

Dr Chee is a serious man who will do what he wants to do without saga. But the oppies preferred RK and Nicole Rebecca Seah wor.  Rolleyes

And everytime I mentioned RK his supporter KillChoy will get his panty in a mighty twist. He sent me 36 ALERTS... I don't know how many hours of sleep he lost but it only took me 5 seconds to delete all of them. Love

(17-02-2024, 11:49 AM)Oyk Wrote:  If you were earning 2k and the new job pays that, what is your problem?

Did the government ask someone who earned 10k like those in Lazada to go and wash dishes in a restaurant and he says, it's not enough money for me because I have a condo, a car, a Dobermaine..

sgtalk.net/User-Oyk A PSYCHOPATH