SG Talk
Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG (/Thread-Actually-Hawker-foods-in-JB-MY-price-is-same-like-SG)

Pages: 1 2

Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - [[ForeverAlone]] - 27-02-2024

but one thing difference is portion wise. No doubt you pay roughly the " Same price " portion between SG vs MY , wise MY side most hawkers give more.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - sgh - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 07:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  but one thing difference is portion wise. No doubt you pay roughly the " Same price " portion between SG vs MY , wise MY side most hawkers give more.

Who tell you the same? It depends on what food. Cai png in Msia is more about MYR 8-10 unless you order white rice lum curry sauce only

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - [[ForeverAlone]] - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 09:03 PM)sgh Wrote:  Who tell you the same? It depends on what food. Cai png in Msia is more about MYR 8-10 unless you order white rice lum curry sauce only

actually I see online people post MY JB food, the price, I see is roughly nearly the same price in SG but their Portion more.

(27-02-2024, 09:06 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  actually I see online people post MY JB food, the price, I see is roughly nearly the same price in SG but their Portion more.

What food and did you convert? E.g same dish in Spore is SGD 5 in Msia also MYR 5 ? Please note my spouse is former Msian and every often got go inside so know roughly the price. Must state what kind of food

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - [[ForeverAlone]] - 27-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 09:09 PM)sgh Wrote:  What food and did you convert? E.g same dish in Spore is SGD 5 in Msia also MYR 5 ? Please note my spouse is former Msian and every often got go inside so know roughly the price. Must state what kind of food

like fried hokkien mee , pop paih

I saw tv CH 8 show MY , these host at Muar or where street hawker foods there, I saw the price for one pop pai is like RM 5 , 6 or 8 round off to SIN dollar is roughly the same 2 bucks.

now current most pop piah sell 2 dollars some increase price 2.20 or even 2.50

(27-02-2024, 09:14 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  like fried hokkien mee ,  pop paih

I saw tv CH 8 show MY , these host at Muar or where street hawker foods there, I saw the price for one pop pai is like RM 5 , 6 or 8  round off to SIN dollar is roughly the same 2 bucks.

now current most pop piah sell 2 dollars some increase price 2.20 or even 2.50

Earlier I ask did you convert correct? So you did. You need to know unless in Msia the same job pay more MYR than SGD else assume same salary Msian food is more expensive! E.g Spore you earn SGD 4k the same job in Msia you earn MYR 8k. Their cheaper is car compared to Spore as they no COE

(27-02-2024, 10:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  Earlier I ask did you convert correct? So you did. You need to know unless in Msia the same job pay more MYR than SGD else assume same salary Msian food is more expensive! E.g Spore you earn SGD 4k the same job in Msia you earn MYR 8k. Their cheaper is car compared to Spore as they no COE

What I mean here is JB price obviously increase is Just same like Hawker price in SG . JB side is chop Singaporean money obviously since is nearest.

I mean now quite a lot States in MY also increase their selling price. As you already mention partly due to Strong SIN Dollars.

Even Malaysian themselves also wanna chop fellow Malaysians , they know a lot Malaysian go in SG work come back MY you got more spending power.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - EvertonDiehard - 28-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 10:42 PM)sgh Wrote:  Earlier I ask did you convert correct? So you did. You need to know unless in Msia the same job pay more MYR than SGD else assume same salary Msian food is more expensive! E.g Spore you earn SGD 4k the same job in Msia you earn MYR 8k. Their cheaper is car compared to Spore as they no COE

My Malaysian friends and relatives lament that the cost of living there is extremely high since they earn their salaries in RM. Visiting SG is out of the question for them these days.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - [[ForeverAlone]] - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 04:09 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My Malaysian friends and relatives lament that the cost of living there is extremely high since they earn their salaries in RM. Visiting SG is out of the question for them these days.

Malaysia side also increase price for sure partly their locals earn SIN dollar so they got more spending power.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - sgh - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 04:12 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Malaysia side also increase price for sure partly their locals earn SIN dollar so they got more spending power.

Those are mainly Johor. If KL or Penang quite far but still food prices are high.

(28-02-2024, 04:09 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My Malaysian friends and relatives lament that the cost of living there is extremely high since they earn their salaries in RM. Visiting SG is out of the question for them these days.

But they got cheap cars so can drive open mouth and eat the wind shiok and laugh at Sporeans majority no car cannot eat wind.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - WhatDoYouThink! - 28-02-2024

The basic household water bill just raised from 16 to 25 ringgits. Jialat for low income families

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - EvertonDiehard - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 06:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  But they got cheap cars so can drive open mouth and eat the wind shiok and laugh at Sporeans majority no car cannot eat wind.

Up to 89% of S'porean men don't own a car so they have difficulty finding a female partner too. Remember that "He who walks, walks alone".

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - Oyk - 28-02-2024

Visit can visit. Just eat full full in JB first then take SBS 170 come over, walk here walk there, just don't buy anything, and night time take SBS 170 go back for dinner lorh.

But that's assuming that they don't even have the ringgit equivalent of S$30 to try our bak chor mee, char kway teow...S$30 should take care of 2 meals and drinks lar.

Not asking them to stay 3 nights in Hilton or Pan Pacific and eat at their restaurants lorh.

(28-02-2024, 08:27 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Up to 89% of S'porean men don't own a car so they have difficulty finding a female partner too. Remember that "He who walks, walks alone".

No you never walk alone because Christ is always there with you. Some women judge men by whether they own a car or not but Christ will never judge you that way.

(28-02-2024, 08:47 PM)Oyk Wrote:  No you never walk alone because Christ is always there with you. Some women judge men by whether they own a car or not but Christ will never judge you that way.

Amen to that, but I am thankful to the Lord who has blessed me with a car all these years.

(28-02-2024, 08:43 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Visit can visit. Just eat full full in JB first then take SBS 170 come over, walk here walk there, just don't buy anything, and night time take SBS 170 go back for dinner lorh.But that's assuming that they don't even have the ringgit equivalent of S$30 to try our bak chor mee, char kway teow...S$30 should takr care of 2 meals and drinks lar. Not asking them to stay 3 nights in Hilton or Pan Pacific and eat at their restaurants lorh.

My Malaysian relatives and friends will usually stay with me, but 3 nights is too long!

(28-02-2024, 06:41 PM)sgh Wrote:  Those are mainly Johor. If KL or Penang quite far but still food prices are high.

Johor is the biggest beneficiary of Singapore's booming economy.

1. Living only a causeway away, they come in large numbers to earn Singdollars but spend it in Malaysia.

2. Malaysians from as far as Penang, Perak, Trengganu and Malacca also work here but rent a room in JB. Again Johor landlords huat.

3. For day trips, Singaporeans can only go to JB. Again Johor gets most of the tourist dollars.

The Johor sultan would like to keep all of the above within Johor but the federal government would not allow that.. the revenues of all the States are consolidated and the federal government redistributes the money as equitably as possible. Of course the Johoreans are not happy.

If Singapore rejoins the federation, our revenues will have to be shared with all the Malaysian states. Do you want..?  Love

(28-02-2024, 09:04 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My Malaysian relatives and friends will usually stay with me, but 3 nights is too long!

If they don't even have one hundredth of their DNA in common with you and are relatives only because they are related to your wife, even 3 hours in YOUR house is too long lorh.  Rotfl

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - WhatDoYouThink! - 28-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 09:04 PM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  My Malaysian relatives and friends will usually stay with me, but 3 nights is too long!

Your brother sister father mother uncle aunties... ?

(28-02-2024, 09:11 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Johor is the biggest beneficiary of Singapore's booming economy.

1. Living only a causeway away, they come in large numbers to earn Singdollars but spend it in Malaysia.

2. Malaysians from as far as Penang, Perak, Trengganu and Malacca also work here but rent a room in JB. Again Johor landlords huat.

3. For day trips, Singaporeans can only go to JB. Again Johor gets most of the tourist dollars.

The Johor sultan would like to keep all of the above within Johor but the federal government would not allow that.. the revenues of all the States are consolidated and the federal government redistributes the money as equitably as possible. Of course the Johoreans are not happy.

If Singapore rejoins the federation, our revenues will have to be shared with all the Malaysian states. Do you want..?  Love

Rejoin can but must abolish concept of bumis they dare to allow?

(28-02-2024, 06:43 PM)sgh Wrote:  But they got cheap cars so can drive open mouth and eat the wind shiok and laugh at Sporeans majority no car cannot eat wind.

Their public transport is very poor and therefore they need to have a car. Even if they are very poor...then at very least a motorcycle.

Thankfully their government doesn't charge COE and Malaysia has oil. Except for some parts of KL, most roads in Malaysia are hardly congested. I went to Malacca recently and never once saw a traffic jam. There's no good reason to impose COE to curb demand 

Having said that, it's not as if Malaysians have the luxury of driving a car while in sharp contrast sinkies have to ride bicycles rain or shine. Our transportation system is so good that we don't really have to spend 3 hours to travel from our home to our place of work. Sure, jhks might have a car each, but they are waking up at 4 am to travel 3 hours to Singapore to work... and travelling by bus and motorcycle.

(28-02-2024, 09:45 PM)sgh Wrote:  Rejoin can but must abolish concept of bumis they dare to allow?

You are willing to share our revenues which make 3.5 m of us well off with 33 m Malaysians which will make LW unable to give Assurance Package because it's now 33 + 3.5 m peepur?

You are willing to allow 33m Malaysians working here with no need for a work permit or employment pass Are you sure we can compete with them if there's no quota?

(28-02-2024, 04:12 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Malaysia side also increase price for sure partly their locals earn SIN dollar so they got more spending power.

[Image: IMG-20240220-205304.jpg]
This is 新天地 in Malacca (notch Shanghai)

Below is 5 串 鸡肉, 5 串 牛肉, one ketupat. 

Price: RM 15.
I changed ringgit at 3.51.

You say expensive or notch?

[Image: IMG-20240228-195734.jpg]

(28-02-2024, 10:09 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Their public transport is very poor and therefore they need to have a car. Even if they are very poor...then at very least a motorcycle.

Thankfully their government doesn't charge COE and Malaysia has oil. Except for some parts of KL, most roads in Malaysia are hardly congested. I went to Malacca recently and never once saw a traffic jam. There's no good reason to impose COE to curb demand 

Having said that, it's not as if Malaysians have the luxury of driving a car while in sharp contrast sinkies have to ride bicycles rain or shine. Our transportation system is so good that we don't really have to spend 3 hours to travel from our home to our place of work. Sure, jhks might have a car each, but they are waking up at 4 am to travel 3 hours to Singapore to work... and travelling by bus and motorcycle.

Work in Spore 10 years equal to work in Msia 30 years. I think for that I will wake up at 4 am who dun wanna retire earlier?

(28-02-2024, 10:25 PM)Oyk Wrote:  You are willing to share our revenues which make 3.5 m of us well off with 33 m Malaysians which will make LW unable to give Assurance Package because it's now 33 + 3.5 m peepur?

You are willing to allow 33m Malaysians working here with no need for a work permit or employment pass Are you sure we can compete with them if there's no quota?

If they allow their army air force navy to allow Chinese and Indian fill the national obligations why not?

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - [[ForeverAlone]] - 29-02-2024

(28-02-2024, 10:32 PM)Oyk Wrote:  [Image: IMG-20240220-205304.jpg]
This is 新天地 in Malacca (notch Shanghai)

Below is 5 串 鸡肉, 5 串 牛肉, one ketupat. 

Price: RM 15.
I changed ringgit at 3.51.

You say expensive or notch?

[Image: IMG-20240228-195734.jpg]

you already say Malacca , further up. I preferring JB and near JB states the price is roughly the same close to SG hawker price.

FYI I think if you go back , don't get shock they also increase price at this place you eat at Malacca. As I have mention business owners in MY also want to profit more , they know a lot their locals go SG work earn SIN dollar thus come back MY got that spending power.

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - Oyk - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 12:13 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  you already say Malacca , further up. I preferring JB and near JB states the price is roughly the same close to SG hawker price.

FYI I think if you go back , don't get shock they also increase price at this place you eat at Malacca. As I have mention business owners in MY also want to profit more , they know a lot their locals go SG work earn SIN dollar thus come back MY got that spending power.

There used to be a chicken rice stall which did quite well from the look of it, as the owner had some deals with tour agencies which brought bus loads of tourists from China there. When I went back there recently there was a signaboard in front that said 出租出售。That was Hailamko on Jalan Bendahara.

A coffee shop that was rented to sell freshly made.. made on the spot... curry puffs, coconut puffs, yam puff, siew bao with pork or chicken fillings...boarded up.

A coffee shop where I went to eat big chilli crabs also had a "signboard".

H & L was an iconic building situated at the mouth of Jonker Walk or Jonker Street. Closed down. It's now LuLaLa selling cheap snacks which I didn't buy because I could get those at Sheng Siong.

All casualties of 2-3 years of what they called Movement Control Order which we called Circuit Breaker. The wars in Palestine and Ukraine and the ongoing confrontations between the US and China made recovery difficult for Malacca.

I walked along the big road in Hang Tuah. There were 3 shopping centres there, deserted.

The population density in Malacca is one fifteen of ours. If you hate crowds then Malacca is your thing. The majority of the Hans are boomers. The young ones have left while those who stayed behind usually do not have the ability to leave and they are of course low see.

The economy there is in a bad shape both for businesses and the 老百姓。There aren't a lot of money circulating to generate GDP and it does not seem like prices will go up in a market where peepur have little to spend. Those you are referring to work in Singapore but don't go home to Malacca every night. They rent a room in JB benefitting Johor.

I saw a notice outside a Guardian store. Jawatan Kosong. It means Job Vacancy.. part time sales assistant 门市助理 RM 9/jam. That's RM 9 per hour in English. I didn't take a photo but what I did take was this (below)..

[Image: IMG-20240220-200149.jpg]

My wantan mee there cost RM 6. In loud silence, I said to myself chip chip chip. it's $1.70 in my currency. But if I am charged $GD6 in Singapore for wanton min, I shan't say chip three times lorh.

For Malaysians it's not chip. Not when their wages are as above.

Truth be told, that city is being marketed as a historical city with a rich heritage that talks about the landing of Admiral Cheng He, the marriage between Hang Li Poh and a raja l, and a well that was dug for her.. and some remains that told of Malacca's colonisation by the Dutch, Portuguese and British. Other than tourism, its economic health is reflected by the decline in the value of its currency. 

All in all, Malacca is a depressing place to see, and you gotta be very evil to say you enjoy seeing the locals living in hardship. I beg to disagree with your naive comments. Your mother didn't tell you about Malacca... quite obvious.  Rolleyes

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - Oyk - 29-02-2024

(29-02-2024, 12:13 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  you already say Malacca , further up. I preferring JB and near JB states the price is roughly the same close to SG hawker price.

There used to be a chicken rice stall which did quite well from the look of it, as the owner had some deals with tour agencies which brought bus loads of tourists from China there. When I went back there recently, there was a signaboard in front that said 出租出售。That was Hailamko on Jalan Bendahara.

A coffee shop that was rented to sell freshly made.. made on the spot... curry puffs, coconut puffs, yam puffs, siew bao with pork or chicken fillings...boarded up.

A coffee shop where I went to eat big chilli crabs also had a "signboard".

H & L was an iconic building situated at the mouth of Jonker Walk or Jonker Street. Closed down. It's now LuLaLa selling cheap snacks which I didn't buy because I could get those at Sheng Siong.

All casualties of 2-3 years of what they called Movement Control Order which we called Circuit Breaker. The wars in Palestine and Ukraine and the ongoing confrontations between the US and China made recovery difficult for Malacca.

I walked along the big road in Hang Tuah. There were 3 shopping centres there, deserted.

The population density in Malacca is one fifteenth of ours. If you hate crowds then Malacca is your thing. The majority of the Hans are boomers. The young ones have left while those who stayed behind usually do not have the ability to leave and they are of course low see.

The economy there is in a bad shape both for businesses and the 老百姓。There aren't a lot of money circulating to generate GDP and it does not seem like prices will go up in a market where peepur have little to spend. Those you are referring to work in Singapore but don't go home to Malacca every night. They rent a room in JB benefitting Johor.

I saw a notice outside a Guardian store. Jawatan Kosong. It means Job Vacancy.. part time retail sales assistant 门市助理 RM 9/jam. That's RM 9 per hour in English. I didn't take a photo but what I did take was this (below)..

[Image: IMG-20240220-200149.jpg]

My wantan mee there cost RM 6. In loud silence, I said to myself chip chip chip. it's $1.70 in my currency. But if I am charged SGD6 in Singapore for wanton min, I shan't say chip three times lorh.

For Malaysians, it's not chip. Not when their wages are as above.

Truth be told, that city is being marketed as a historical city with a rich heritage that talks about the landing of Admiral Cheng Ho, the marriage between Hang Li Poh and a raja, and a well that was dug for her.. and some remains that told of Malacca's colonisation by the Dutch, Portuguese and British. Other than tourism, its economic health is reflected by the decline in the value of its currency. 

All in all, Malacca is a depressing place to see, and you gotta be very evil to say you enjoy seeing the locals living in hardship. I beg to disagree with your naive comments. Your mother didn't tell you about Malacca... quite obvious.  Rolleyes

RE: Actually Hawker foods in JB, MY price is same like SG - cheekopekman - 29-02-2024

(27-02-2024, 07:20 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  but one thing difference is portion wise. No doubt you pay roughly the " Same price " portion between SG vs MY , wise MY side most hawkers give more.

1 SGD is different from 3.5 MYR lah! Big Grin