SG Talk
middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. (/Thread-middle-age-jobless-china-men-hide-in-the-library)

Pages: 1 2

middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - singaporean1964 - 21-03-2024

at 5.30mins  
https://youtu.be/Ty37F_QPyeY

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - K88 shu shu - 21-03-2024

better than me.

me go Changi airport.

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Napoleon Porlumpar - 21-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 07:33 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  better than me.

me go Changi airport.

library can read books mah.................''upgrade'' yourself as PAP calls it...............

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - EvertonDiehard - 21-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 07:33 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  better than me. me go Changi airport.

An ex-colleague of mine actually dressed for work every weekday for 6 months w/o letting his family know that he was laid off. He spent his days at various aircon shopping malls, public libraries, fast food restaurants and like you, at Changi Airport. His wife eventually found out about his predicament. Thankfully, he was young enough to find another PME job in the end.

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - singaporean1964 - 21-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 08:32 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  library can read books mah.................''upgrade'' yourself as PAP calls it...............

pap should set up a counter at the library to help pple upgrade, find jobs etc..

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - cityhantam - 21-03-2024

(21-03-2024, 07:22 AM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  at 5.30mins  
https://youtu.be/Ty37F_QPyeY

法轮大法,法力无边,天下无敌,宇宙第一! Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Purikura - 11-06-2024

Ah tiong all have no jobs, is very jialat over there.

Have to hide in library or scam and cheat their fellow tiongs for money. Many ah tiongs are also begging on the streets for money.

Third world china is truly a sinking shithole.

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - WhatDoYouThink! - 11-06-2024

Ahbutt pukimak got put in some efforts to look for jobs today?

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - sgh - 11-06-2024

(21-03-2024, 08:33 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  An ex-colleague of mine actually dressed for work every weekday for 6 months w/o letting his family know that he was laid off. He spent his days at various aircon shopping malls, public libraries, fast food restaurants and like you, at Changi Airport. His wife eventually found out about his predicament. Thankfully, he was young enough to find another PME job in the end.

So before he found another PME job his wife use her monies feed him har? Or he use his own savings first?

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Lukongsimi - 12-06-2024

Here got 2 Lau gays hide here n attack people for no reason
If u keep quiet they think u are coward
Gemsai n siaotinel

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Oyk - 12-06-2024

(11-06-2024, 11:57 PM)sgh Wrote:  So before he found another PME job his wife use her monies feed him har? Or he use his own savings first?

Did you even bother to read what he wrote? Rolleyes

(12-06-2024, 01:20 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote:  Here got 2 Lau gays hide here n attack people for no reason
If u keep quiet they think u are coward
Gemsai n siaotinel

They are losers who want to feel they are doing well in life not by actually being more successful but by putting others down.  In real life, such peepur have no empathy for the poor and needy.

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - Lukongsimi - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 04:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  They are losers who want to feel they are doing well in life not by actually being more successful but by putting others down.  In real life, such peepur have no empathy for the poor and needy.

Very pathetic they blame on others for their sorry plight

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - EvertonDiehard - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 04:14 AM)Oyk Wrote:  They are losers who want to feel they are doing well in life not by actually being more successful but by putting others down.  In real life, such peepur have no empathy for the poor and needy.

There are many bosses like that in SG who got to the top by backstabbing their peers and currying favour with their superiors. Once there, they put subordinates down instead of upgrading themselves to stay at the top. Such bosses adopt a divide and rule attitude instead of developing their staff.

(12-06-2024, 08:22 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There are many bosses like that in SG who got to the top by backstabbing their peers and currying favour with their superiors. Once there, they put subordinates down instead of upgrading themselves to stay at the top. Such bosses adopt a divide and rule attitude instead of developing their staff.

Yes, divide and conquer. Some managers use the smiling tiger strategy. In front of you, they smile. Behind they stir other staff to go against you. You think your manager is a very nice and understanding man, he's the good guy and the bad guy is your colleague(s).

Office politics have many patterns. We live in a sinful world.

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - EvertonDiehard - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 09:23 AM)Oyk Wrote:  Yes, divide and conquer. Some managers use the smiling tiger strategy. In front of you, they smile. Behind they stir other staff to go against you. You think your manager is a very nice and understanding man, he's the good guy and the bad guy is your colleague(s). Office politics have many patterns. We live in a sinful world.

I am contemplating early retirement now that I am approaching my mid-50s owing to office politics and work pressure. It is the fear of cognitive decline and boredom that keeps me going though. 

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - WhatDoYouThink! - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 08:22 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  There are many bosses like that in SG who got to the top by backstabbing their peers and currying favour with their superiors. Once there, they put subordinates down instead of upgrading themselves to stay at the top. Such bosses adopt a divide and rule attitude instead of developing their staff.

If you pray harder will they change? Must try and see

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - p1acebo - 12-06-2024

(21-03-2024, 07:33 AM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  better than me.

me go Changi airport.

better than me.

me hide in geylang fish tank with siambu meimei

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - WhatDoYouThink! - 12-06-2024

Better than me too

I always go to show flats to look for lobangs. And sometimes got vvvip receptions

(12-06-2024, 09:30 AM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  If you pray harder will they change? Must try and see

Your warped idea of God is a genie who grants your every wish, whether it results in harm to others or not. If that is the case, then you are God. 

(12-06-2024, 09:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Your warped idea of God is a genie who grants your every wish, whether it results in harm to others or not. If that is the case, then you are God. 

Simple wishes aso cannot be granted? Not as if you wish to be a multi millionaire or billionaire

You might as well pray to tua pek kong or god of fortune

(12-06-2024, 09:26 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  I am contemplating early retirement now that I am approaching my mid-50s owing to office politics and work pressure. It is the fear of cognitive decline and boredom that keeps me going though. 

Cognitive decline is of course a mental health issue but is not the only one.

Mental wellness can be badly impacted if you are stuck in a toxic work environment....or even marriage.

Work is not the only way to stimulate your mind. If you are financially ok, it's taim to do the things you'd always wanted to. 

For me, I worked as a my own tour guide planning all my trips. Google various tour sites especially Tripadvisor, check flights and off-peak fares, hotels also, and you don't need to follow a tour group and pay with an arm and a toe.

You can also take up a hobby... I did Karate and Muay Thai (Aiptasia, take note) but if you are in your mid fifties, I won't suggest that. Try Tai Chi. It will keep you active for years to come...

If you want, you can do elder care. The paycheck is not going to be anywhere near your current one ba. But the psychological income is immeasurably higher. As you learn new jargon and new skills, you will maintain your brain functions well. Maybe you need to Google what COPD means? Or how about IDDSI? Clue: the first has to do with oxygen, the second with dysphagia. Maybe you need to Google dysphagia as well.

You can also volunteer in your church. A cleaner costs $1800 a month. If you do the job for free, you save the church that much money lorh. Can consider that as a tithe?

(12-06-2024, 09:56 AM)EvertonDiehard Wrote:  Your warped idea of God is a genie who grants your every wish, whether it results in harm to others or not. If that is the case, then you are God. 

How about wishes for world peace? Too difficult for god, or because you didn't pray hard enough?

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - aiptasia - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 10:18 AM)Oyk Wrote:  You can also take up a hobby... I did Karate and Muay Thai (Aiptasia, take note) but if you are in your mid fifties, I won't suggest that. Try Tai Chi. It will keep you active for years to come...
What the fug can a self-proclaimed 80 year old do in the ring with me?

Your elbows and knees will crack into bits before they even hit me LOL!

(12-06-2024, 01:00 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  What the fug can a self-proclaimed 80 year old do in the ring with me?

Your elbows and knees will crack into bits before they even hit me LOL!

I will not move first. But if you move, I would move before you. Rolleyes

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - aiptasia - 12-06-2024

(12-06-2024, 01:31 PM)Oyk Wrote:  I will not move first. But if you move, I would move before you. Rolleyes

I just have to laugh at you and you will collapse in the ring with your self proclaimed 80 year old heart failing.  I better sign a letter of indemnity to excuse myself of any accidental death before I step into the ring with you  Laughing

RE: middle age jobless china men hide in the library.. - red3 - 12-06-2024

Public library is an important source of toilet, WiFi and charging port, Aircon, table and chairs, sofa and resting corners, newspaper for job listings ....

(12-06-2024, 02:19 PM)red3 Wrote:  Public library is an important source of toilet, WiFi and charging port, Aircon, table and chairs, sofa and resting corners, newspaper for job listings ....

Is that why so many seniors fall asleep on the sofa at public libraries? Free aircon is a godsend in our hot and humid weather.

During pre-Covid days, it would be a stigma for young and middle-aged men to be seen in casual clothing out and about during office hours. Ever since WFH became so common, we see many people of working age casually dressed at malls, eateries and supermarkets on weekdays.

(12-06-2024, 01:34 PM)aiptasia Wrote:  I just have to laugh at you and you will collapse in the ring with your self proclaimed 80 year old heart failing.  I better sign a letter of indemnity to excuse myself of any accidental death before I step into the ring with you  Laughing

Come lar. You dare jiu jib lai. Mai kong jiaowei. Rolleyes

[Image: IMG-20220831-WA0012.jpg]