SG Talk
$18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown (/Thread-18-massage-becomes-40k-bill-at-Chinatown)

$18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Ola - 03-10-2022

Hawker assistant, 70, allegedly persuaded to buy packages totalling S$40,000 at Chinatown wellness centre - Mothership.SG - News from Singapore, Asia and around the world

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Sharexchange - 03-10-2022

Low educated seniors always get con by China Scammerd...had always warn about chinatown area massage..despite raid and closure...many re-open with new import PRC..

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - menghuii - 03-10-2022

i also walked past there many times
but they prefer the hawker assistant type of customer

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Lukongsimi - 03-10-2022

Should ban all types of body,face packages!

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - WhatDoYouThink! - 03-10-2022

heard the ShitExchange there very messy, and got gay activities

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Ola - 03-10-2022

(03-10-2022, 11:36 AM)menghuii Wrote:  i also walked past there many times
but they prefer the hawker assistant type of customer

They dare not target smart people like you

so they target hawker assistants

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Gemstar - 03-10-2022

She shd make a police report. Police wil definitely take actions to punish this kind of shop. The elderly auntie doesn’t need to pay 40k bill. If court case, this con-man shop wil pay a hefty price.

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - menghuii - 03-10-2022

recently i went to police station to report something then overheard a couple reporting a case of a job scam. from the eavesdropping, it seemed they were quite easily being duped. but later the police attended tome cited many recent such cases. i think its just the confluence of the swaying persuasive words of scammers n the victims' desperate need.

I Usually receive messages from police to beware the scammers very often

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - wendychan - 03-10-2022

"""Every time I came for a massage, the masseuse would always find a chance to say my body is not good, that my meridians and breast ducts are blocked, and if I did not clear them quickly, I will develop cancer in a few years.""'

no cure for  stupidity

[Image: OhegnqT.jpg]

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Gemstar - 03-10-2022

(03-10-2022, 03:24 PM)wendychan Wrote:  """Every time I came for a massage, the masseuse would always find a chance to say my body is not good, that my meridians and breast ducts are blocked, and if I did not clear them quickly, I will develop cancer in a few years.""'

no cure for  stupidity

[Image: OhegnqT.jpg]
The same happened to me at a hair shop. The signboard outside shop stated $5 haircut. While cutting, hairstylist scan my scalp and claimed I hv problems, just to frighten me. Thereafter, recommend me all kinds of packages. I rejected. Then told me next haircut no more $5. Ask me deposit $60. I walk off after putting $5 on the counter.

RE: $18 massage becomes $40k bill at Chinatown - Napoleon Porlumpar - 03-10-2022

(03-10-2022, 12:45 PM)Ola Wrote:  They dare not target smart people like you

so they target hawker assistants

no................becoz these old folks got money

(03-10-2022, 04:27 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote:  no................becoz these old folks got money

Old folks easier to get conned