Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Printable Version

+- SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net)
+-- Forum: SG Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-SG-Talk)
+--- Forum: Market Talk (https://sgtalk.net/Forum-Market-Talk)
+--- Thread: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high (/Thread-Singapore-home-sales-shoot-up-80-per-cent-hitting-7-month-high)

Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Bigiron - 15-05-2023

Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high

https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/3220573/singapore-homes-sales-shoot-80-cent-hitting-seven-month-high?utm_source=rss_feed

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - K88 shu shu - 15-05-2023

selling my GCB now.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Tangsen - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 03:39 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  selling my GCB now.

Can I buy?

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - K88 shu shu - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 03:42 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  Can I buy?

as long as got money, regardless of race, religions and political alliance.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Tangsen - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 03:49 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  as long as got money, regardless of race, religions and political alliance.

That would be the problem, I got no money

(15-05-2023, 03:50 PM)Tangsen Wrote:  That would be the problem, I got no money

sell house, sell car sell wife sell kids, all in tonight TOTO.

(15-05-2023, 03:54 PM)K88 shu shu Wrote:  sell house, sell car sell wife sell kids, all in tonight TOTO.

Also not enough .... sell backside also no use

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - theold - 15-05-2023

Met an ex-rich guy. He blamed the government for his predicament in which now he is confined to the chair. He mentioned something that he owned a lot of properties and about retrospective regulations which depleted his wealth.

New launches, they price very high. Re-sales are very soft now.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Niubee - 15-05-2023

around what price ?

I have about 60m budget...

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - WhatDoYouThink! - 15-05-2023

[Image: Screenshot-20230515-182025-Chrome.jpg]

This is how the local property market braves rough seas of crisis after crisis

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - sogo - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:18 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20230515-182025-Chrome.jpg]

got powell print money everything is ok.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - freedom - 15-05-2023

Manipulation by the developers, many are not real buyers, Don't be fooled.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - starbugs - 15-05-2023

We are truly in a property bubble now. Even Upper Bukit timah leasehold condo can launch at 2300psf. Many suckers are going to lose money.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Choc - 15-05-2023

[Image: p17-071125-m2.jpg]

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Bigbluedot - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 04:49 PM)theold Wrote:  Met an ex-rich guy. He blamed the government for his predicament in which now he is confined to the chair. He mentioned something that he owned a lot of properties and about retrospective regulations which depleted his wealth.

New launches, they price very high. Re-sales are very soft now.

quite true.  why must buy new. resale freehold ones are OK ma.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Bigbluedot - 15-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 08:44 PM)starbugs Wrote:  We are truly in a property bubble now. Even Upper Bukit timah leasehold condo can launch at 2300psf. Many suckers are going to lose money.

'Launch' ,  so new ones.  boycott them.  
buy  resale.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - watchfirst9 - 15-05-2023

why need to read scmp to know Sg,
https://www.straitstimes.com/business/april-new-home-sales-hit-7-month-high-despite-surprise-round-of-cooling-measures

ultra-high-net-worth individuals

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - [[ForeverAlone]] - 15-05-2023

Smile good , going to see who has the last laugh.
REMEMBER there is a Max level , once reach it will need to drop down aka like " a reset "

or else in future how ? A common condo cost 2 million? landed house going to cost 6 million i preferring normal ones.

how the future gen going to buy the New rich breeds?

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Choc - 16-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 11:49 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile good , going to see who has the last laugh.
REMEMBER there is a Max level , once reach it will need to drop down aka like " a reset "

or else in future how ? A common condo cost 2 million? landed house going to cost 6 million i preferring normal ones.

Go sleep lah.....

You continue leech on your parents 3 room HDB flat lor....

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Blasterlord2 - 16-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 11:49 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  Smile good , going to see who has the last laugh.

But then nobody knows when is that max level. So you could have bought and rebought multiple times befpre prices came down. By then you could have made tons of money.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - jameslee58@hotmail.com - 16-05-2023

Peoples buy because they worried tax may go higher

Which is true base on buyer stamp duty history, once up it will never come down,
Just like rock climber, once they reached the peak barehand, do you think they will climb down from same path again barehand, that's commiting suicide

That's the reality, especially small country like Singapore

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Lu5ck - 16-05-2023

Waiting for years to get a flat can be quite difficult thing to do, what's more is that not every application is successful. The demand is huge and government is not willing to satisfy the demands. They come up with band aids which is to discourage people to sell, never really solve the fundamental problem which is BTO requirements is not allowing demands to be met. Since public housing cannot keep up with demands, everything else will get pushed up with it.

BTOs was introduced in 2001, after they got built too much. They sold the exceed HDB few years later and after that, the price of HDBs since has been going up.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - K88 shu shu - 16-05-2023

don't buy now will regret later.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Blin - 16-05-2023

Good time to cash out. Unless your place very special.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Sline - 16-05-2023

Better Buy . It is getting expensive. In future may not able to afford

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - jameslee58@hotmail.com - 16-05-2023

You can wait long long for price to parkaloud, then you can buy 3 at one go

Keep dreaming big

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - [[ForeverAlone]] - 16-05-2023

(16-05-2023, 12:18 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote:  But then nobody knows when is that max level. So you could have bought and rebought multiple times befpre prices came down. By then you could have made tons of money.

You already mention " no body know when is that max level ". Thus people again rush to buy because they feel " who knows Govt implement 3rd round or 4 round cooling measure " Increase more taxes etc charges.

But you have to take note. Why you buy? stay? investment ? Obviously quite a lot is buy for investment.
A lot will say, no body want to buy than I stay , is an asset there I can touch. No harm.

Or I wait for the " right moment " when the Property market boom again , I faster sell off.

Now you put yourself as Buyer , who go around scout , check for a 2nd hand condo just like resale HDB flat.
everyone mark up the Price so high , on top with property agent greed for more commission.

You obviously going to pay a lot if you really spot a good condo, resale HDB flat so call in prime location or view is good.
pay Millions or more. So you intention is to stay? or resell in future ?

Remember the last words from Desmond. He claim Govt want to ensure property is " affordable "

No way a BTO flat will go to more than 1.5 million or even 2 million mark ? whereas Condo , Landed house go beyond 3 , 5 million mark or more?
Like that as I already mention the current gen and future gen Will not be able to afford own it.

This is why you see now a lot " rent " and again renting price also increase a lot

This is why I already say , Look back what happen in USA property market , now even Aust

young people can't afford to rent and move back stay with your parents. Even couples are renting instead owning it.

SG case is becoming like this.

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Choc - 16-05-2023

(16-05-2023, 03:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote:  You already mention " no body know when is that max level ". Thus people again rush to buy because they feel " who knows Govt implement 3rd round or 4 round cooling measure " Increase more taxes etc charges.

But you have to take note. Why you buy? stay? investment ? Obviously quite a lot is buy for investment.
A lot will say,  no body want to buy than I stay , is an asset there I can touch.  No harm.

Or I wait for the " right moment " when the Property market boom again , I faster sell off.

Now you put yourself as Buyer , who go around scout , check for a 2nd hand condo just like resale HDB flat.
everyone mark up the Price so high , on top with property agent greed for more commission.

You obviously going to pay a lot if you really spot a good condo, resale HDB flat so call in prime location or view is good.
pay Millions or more. So you intention is to stay? or resell in future ?

Remember the last words from Desmond. He claim Govt want to ensure property is " affordable "

No way a BTO flat will go to more than 1.5 million or even 2 million mark ? whereas Condo , Landed house go beyond 3 , 5 million mark or more?
Like that as I already mention the current gen and future gen Will not be able to afford own it.

This is why you see now a lot " rent " and again renting price also increase a lot

This is why I already say , Look back what happen in USA property market , now even Aust

young people can't afford to rent and move back stay with your parents. Even couples are renting instead owning it.

SG case is becoming like this.

KNN, you write until so long.....

Do you know what are you writing or not? Angry

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Tee tiong huat - 16-05-2023

(15-05-2023, 06:18 PM)WhatDoYouThink! Wrote:  [Image: Screenshot-20230515-182025-Chrome.jpg]

WhatDo-I.Thinking..... Rotfl Laughing

RE: Singapore home sales shoot up 80 per cent, hitting 7-month high - Tee tiong huat - 16-05-2023

(16-05-2023, 03:35 PM)Tee tiong huat Wrote:  WhatDo-I.Thinking..... Rotfl Laughing

Best is to wait and wait, then die...😁😄😃😀