‘I think people deserve to vote’: George Goh

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i...-president
[+] 4 users Like forum456's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ9ilATRuqc
[+] 1 user Likes forum456's post

It really does not matter who becomes the President as long as he is fair and impartial, and will not get giddy when reading big numbers.

A paid-up capital of 500m is a lot of money for most of us but not for a top corporate honcho. The trouble with most sinkeis is that they use their benchmark as a salaried worker to think of 500m and go wow! wow! wow!

Let's be clear:

1. It is not about race as some of you had posted to suggest voting along racial lines. It should be based purely on meritocracy, the best man for the job. The only time when we can fairly base it on race is by rotation when we reserve the presidency for each race. But when all races can contest, we take race out of the equation and vote according to merit.

2. The President is NOT a parallel opposition government who is there to make life difficult for the PAP, which some of you obviously want. This is why you said "Must be independent! Cannot be ex-PAP!"

Whether he is ex-PAP or ex-WP or any ex-any oppo-P, he has no, I repeat NO executive powers to counter the government of the day. The Constitution never said that the President can even do that. Any contestant who campaigns along this line should be voted out right away for taking people to be fools to believe his nonsense.

Schroder you are really a cock!
Halimah changed her race to Malay in order to qualified

(13-06-2023, 12:23 PM)Oyk Wrote:  It really does not matter who becomes the President as long as he is fair and impartial, and will not get giddy when reading big numbers.

A paid-up capital of 500m is a lot of money for most of us but not for a top corporate honcho.  The trouble with most sinkeis is that they use their benchmark as a salaried worker to think of 500m and go wow! wow! wow! 

Let's be clear:

1.  It is not about race as some of you had posted to suggest voting along racial lines.  It should be based purely on meritocracy, the best man for the job.  The only time when we can fairly base it on race is by rotation when we reserve the presidency for each race.  But when all races can contest, we take race out of the equation and vote according to merit.

2.  The President is NOT a parallel opposition government who is there to make life difficult for the PAP, which some of you obviously want.  This is why you said "Must be independent!  Cannot be ex-PAP!"

Whether he is ex-PAP or ex-WP or any ex- any oppo-P, he has no, I repeat NO executive powers to counter the government of the day.  The Constitution never said that the President can even do that.  Any contestant who campaigns along this line should be voted out right away for taking people to be fools to believe his nonsense.

Dont talk rots, can?

If GG is an Allah Akbar ISIS ànd rides on a camel, will you still vote for him if he fully qualifies under the EP rules? Please come clean, Hypocrite!

(13-06-2023, 12:04 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i...-president

I think Singaporeans deserve a President with Integrity.
Now one that is Obviously controlled by a political party.
They ARE the President. They ARE the PM , They ARE the ministers.  How is that going to be good for Singapore?
They Are the Referee. They are COACH, they ARE the players.  They are the media.
Really defeats the point of having a Independent Elected President- One that Guards the people's reserves without Prejudice. Makes a mockery of the EP
[+] 2 users Like Truebluesg's post

The idea of an Elected President was mooted with the good intention to safeguard our reserves, so that should the government turns rogue one day, somebody is there to stop it from looting.

This is the whole idea of the Presidency besides of course the usual ceremonial duties.

But the 39% want to turn the presidency into an opposition party...make him a LOTO with the power to say no to everything the PAP wants to do, until they are soo frustrated that they resign.

We have GE and the oppo lost. So now they are turning the presidency into a type of opposition that is unconstitutional. Any candidate who suggests "checking the government" is lying through his teeth to the voters because he should know damn well that he cannot do what he says he will do, yet he campaigns on that line. Do you remember the four Tans? One of them said precisely that. He deserved to be voted out.

(13-06-2023, 12:36 PM)Truebluesg Wrote:  I think Singaporeans deserve a President with Integrity.
Now one that is Obviously controlled by a political party.
They ARE the President. They ARE the PM , They ARE the ministers.  How is that going to be good for Singapore?
They Are the Referee. They are COACH, they ARE the players.  They are the media.
Really defeats the point of having a Independent Elected President- One that Guards the people's reserves without Prejudice. Makes a mockery of the EP

Are you suggesting that Tharman will say "Go ahead" if PAP wants to loot the reserves...as in steal our money?

(13-06-2023, 12:11 PM)FartSunKing Wrote:  fcuking leecher

the company he founded on SGX watch list

now want to appeal when not qualified

pui!

just like sgbuffett

fcuking useless scums

who think PAP is their mama's tits

Why you so jealous of him

You are not even eligible to submit PE Application 

Worse, you broke SG Law and evaded income taxes yourself

[Image: Bungalow-in-JB.png]

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 
[+] 1 user Likes Ola's post

(13-06-2023, 12:30 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  Dont talk rots, can?

If GG is an Allah Akbar ISIS ànd rides on a camel, will you still vote for him if he fully qualifies under the EP rules? Please come clean, Hypocrite!

Read my post in context, and stop bringing stupid exceptions.

(13-06-2023, 12:40 PM)Oyk Wrote:  Read my post in context, and stop bringing stupid exceptions.
This is the context: What if GG is Allah Akbar ISIS riding on a camel yet fully qualified all the EP rules of eligibilities, will you vote for him since you say the job is merely ceremonial with just a single purpose to protect the reserves

one big wayang

You have 4 user(s) on ignore
Somme road, alerts,  Choc,  winbig

Foo Mee Har is my sister in law - FACT
https://linktr.ee/freckydoodles
http://www.yuffy.com/trial/clippings.html

(13-06-2023, 12:44 PM)Sentinel Wrote:  This is the context: What if GG is Allah Akbar ISIS riding on a camel yet fully qualified all the EP rules of eligibilities, will you vote for him since you say the job is merely ceremonial with just a single purpose to protect the reserves

The context is that the human bear should qualify, Python also, and yes, your grandmother who has billions of dollars of hell notes safely kept in her house somewhere in Level 18 (basement).  Rolleyes

Now is Eurasian turn. I will vote for Eurasian only

(13-06-2023, 12:54 PM)Nevereatrice Wrote:  Now is Eurasian turn. I will vote for Eurasian only

Alarmak little red dot has many races 
Choose the President who can take care the national reserve and the livelihood of citizens.

Peace no war

Wow, as claimed, he turn 5K into billions. 
Too good to be truth. 
Mr Goh said that after 41 years in business, he had grown his companies to a combined value of S$3.15 billion “over the years”, from just S$5,000.

Mr Goh was born in Negeri Sembilan, according to an interview with Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.
He has been living and working in Singapore since 1975, and became a Singapore citizen in 1990.

(13-06-2023, 01:31 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Mr Goh was born in Negeri Sembilan, according to an interview with Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao.
He has been living and working in Singapore since 1975, and became a Singapore citizen in 1990.
Remind me of army koi " not happy please leave the country. The door is open."

(13-06-2023, 12:04 PM)forum456 Wrote:  https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/i...-president

Are you voting for him leh?  Thinking

(13-06-2023, 01:17 PM)Oasis Wrote:  Alarmak little red dot has many races 
Choose the President who can take care the national reserve and the livelihood of citizens.

Peace no war
Ideally that should be the way but we are not homogeneous. We have different races here.

They will disqualify him to make sure citizens don't have a choice

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

There will be a few more candidates
[+] 2 users Like *天哥*'s post

I see no issue if he wants to enter the dragon race
After all he was ambassador before, if election office cleared him, then we got show to see

If george win, everyone will clap and laugh, including lee hsien yang ( i think he will be a bit sour grape, because originally he want to run for president, now he run road, still if george win is still better than nothing, he will befriend george for sure and maybe campaigning for him like he did for tan cheng bock, he's an open book, you can predict his next move)

If tharman win without competition, peoples will say pap this and that, if tharman win after competition, peoples will also say this and that lah, but less a bit lah...

So what you think most likely scenario?

EP is supposed to have blocking powers but pinky go and change it so that parliament can over ride his veto (against advice by presidential advisers) with a 2/3 majority.

Then what's the use of a EP?

So who becomes next EP is not so important anymore, only a bit leychey for pappies.

PAP is too afraid to let people vote fairly

They can change the PE Criteria again

to deceive naive fools like Jac Lau

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

Wait till dbs CEO joins the game... Lol but the paycheck is just 10% of what he is getting now. So extremely unlikely...
[+] 1 user Likes Sticw's post

the issue is connected to Klaus schwab great reset tioPAKed tioTengED
first salvo I WANT TO BE AN ELECTED PRESIDENT
2nd salvo I WAS AN AMBASSADOR TO MORRACO
what pattern u see?
harbanSingh

(13-06-2023, 12:52 PM)Oyk Wrote:  The context is that the human bear should qualify, Python also, and yes, your grandmother who has billions of dollars of hell notes safely kept in her house somewhere in Level 18 (basement).  Rolleyes

You write like an abject idiot and you still expect this forum to take you seriously???
[+] 1 user Likes Sentinel's post

(13-06-2023, 08:38 PM)Sticw Wrote:  Wait till dbs CEO joins the game... Lol but the paycheck is just 10% of what he is getting now. So extremely unlikely...

Anymore challengers leh?  Thinking More join in better lah!

(14-06-2023, 06:25 AM)cheekopekman Wrote:  Anymore challengers leh?  Thinking More join in better lah!
Mathematically the more candidates, the higher odds a PAP candidate will win. Cos humans fear the unknown more than anything.