‘Why should I respect elders if they do not deserve it?’ — Singaporean

Seniors are seniors. They are from another generation. They do things differently sometimes. 
Younger generation think too highly of themselves. 
As a senior myself, I felt it sometimes. They look at you, think u are illiterate. 
Speaks to u in dialect with a can't be bothered attitude.

(20-03-2024, 01:33 PM)Migrant Wrote:  Seniors are seniors. They are from another generation. They do things differently sometimes. 
Younger generation think too highly of themselves. 
As a senior myself, I felt it sometimes. They look at you, think u are illiterate. 
Speaks to u in dialect with a can't be bothered attitude.

40 years later these young people will be in their 60s and they will understand how silly they were when they were in their 20s

(19-03-2024, 09:46 PM)Bigiron Wrote:  ‘Why should I respect elders if they do not deserve it?’ — Singaporean asks

https://theindependent.sg/why-should-i-r...rean-asks/

You will become old 1 day also lah! Big Grin

(20-03-2024, 02:04 PM)LittleBirdStreet Wrote:  40 years later these young people will be in their 60s and they will understand how silly they were when they were in their 20s

No need 40 yrs, Just another 25yrs they will be consider too old, 
with more foreigners and IA, 
they will get what they want.
It will be awakening too late...

(20-03-2024, 12:50 PM)Ola Wrote:  I will not respect any elderly if they litter.

In fact, I will say loud to embarass the old man!

claim whatever suit you.

no pic no talk.

u see as an ealder who hv gone through 60> yrs in experience shld simmer down not so hot temper n aggressive
yet some of these jokers take advantage of their age to  demand n boast 
worst some are v v rude has no manners n hostile

(19-03-2024, 10:21 PM)victortan Wrote:  must respect elder??? they are older than u...next time u also old want young to repsect u right???

respect is cheap what?? no need money, and u get respect back..

Nowadays young people no big no small lah! Angry

(20-03-2024, 06:14 PM)talky Wrote:  u see as an ealder who hv gone through 60> yrs in experience shld simmer down not so hot temper n aggressive
yet some of these jokers take advantage of their age to  demand n boast 
worst some are v v rude has no manners n hostile

Talking about general not individual case. 
If individual case why bring out? 

Trust me fewer and fewer wil respect you as time goes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S951cdansBI

must respect them

they are gov favourite
they are the pillar of pap

they love and allow
playing loud video on handphone anywhere anyplace in public

they love to hog atm/axs/any machines

they love to look at their handphones while walking and stopping as and when they like

they love doting their ''grandkids'' and expect others to treat ''them'' the same too while in public

they expect you to knowledge them by giving them all the respect they demand

they love using shopping trolley to make way for them in the narrow aisle of supermarket

they love using tissues clean wipe their table thereafter placing the used tissue over at your table

they love walking their dogs and letting them pee and poo anywhere without cleaning up

they love rubbing their foot with their bare hand while you are eating next to their table in any eatery

they love sounding horn of their pma when they are behind expecting you to give way along the narrow path of singapur

they are always in the right and take no correction else you get hell

blab blab blab blab
aplenty lotsa reasons why they ought to be respected

never try talking sense with them for they eat more salt than the rice you have

respecting them
is like
respecting the law & order
is like
respecting the pap

without them
is like without
law & order
without
pap

oh yea,

right here,
a defective halfwit elder is a very good example as to why one ought to pay due respect to

witnessed one able-bodied boomer in a pma complaining to another boomer regarding gov restricting speed of pma

was surprised he asked his buddy; then rain how if pma restricted to slow speed....

aplenty people immediate natural reaction ''eye-rolling'' took place....