“Do we really need 93 seats in parliament for a country of this size?”:

“Do we really need 93 seats in parliament for a country of this size?”: Singaporeans react to number of empty MP seats following political scandals

https://theindependent.sg/do-we-really-n...-scandals/
[+] 4 users Like Bigiron's post

that why gst keep increasing to pay for the useless minister plus the wastrel son of spore. if the man in charge good, less than 25 should be enough.
[+] 4 users Like jus4lucky's post

to generate and create
millionaire ministers
at the expense of
the people living
in this red dot
[+] 2 users Like KILLjoy's post

no
they are cushy
till their lust wonder
too free

ideal no is just 30
[+] 1 user Likes Talent's post

All I can say is they sibei heng elections not yet called Laughing

Still got some time to repair the dented credibility and image.

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes p1acebo's post

So if we can reduced to 20 parliamentary seats, oppositions like WP can form the government and Pritam becomes the PM?   Big Grin

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge
                    Carl Jung

If I run this country I don't mind the number of MPs, but I will not do GRC. I will instead have all SMC first for GE, thereafter close proximity wards can propose to combine for greater efficiency in running meet the people and ward related matters. The MP allowance can remaind at 15k to be adjusted for inflation on yearly rest. I will remove the major thingy which is a blatant waste of resources since there is town council and even PA.

I will have ministers employed as part of the civil service. I will cut all the 2PS and multiple DS positions. We really have too huge a govt for this tiny island. I will also cut the pay for all civil service especially the top mgt. If they do not see the purpose but is here for the money, they must leave civil service. Civil service including the ministers and their direct deputy are placed in high position to focus on nation building. I will pay a retirement bonus for these decision makers tied to their work (quantitative and qualitative) during their term. If results are only felt after a gestational period, I will have them plan it out so we can work out crawl back as well as additional payout thereafter. I will make sure heads roll for failures. There is no reason ministers cannot be fired and so the same applies to top civil servants.
[+] 3 users Like Sticw's post

Easily can reduce by 1/3 to 60 seats. Then it would be ideal number, as more MP will get to speak and less time to play politics and hanky panky.
[+] 3 users Like Instinct's post

It is marked to economy and population not country.

Pinky knows many will have affairs and resign.
[+] 1 user Likes Alice Alicia's post

still can have " Mayors " some more for some Ministers holding Mayor post beside Minister.
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post

It is a waste of our nation funds for so much ministers salaries in such a little red dot country. Some of the those ministers are useless and hopeless, who don’t deserve to be paid. And mayors took a chunk of our nation funds on salaries too.
[+] 2 users Like Gemstar's post

(21-07-2023, 11:21 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  “Do we really need 93 seats in parliament for a country of this size?”: Singaporeans react to number of empty MP seats following political scandals

to increase control of LumParLEEment...................PAP will increase to 200 even..............
[+] 1 user Likes Napoleon Porlumpar's post

Why need so many Mayors? Singapore not very big leh. Can't the MPs do the job?

Time to trim those unnecessary posts eg Nominated Members of Parliament (NMPs), cabinet seats, Mayors , MPs hardly gave speeches etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Sline's post

actually
u only need 1 for each area
1 for amk
1 for yishun etc
then the mp can employ as many clearks, helpers to attend to the pple problems /queries
and feedback to mp
[+] 1 user Likes singaporean1964's post

83 PAP Ministers
10 Young PAP?
5 Mayors
3000 CEC

PAP is worse than India village

Why do we need 5 Mayors and 80 PAP Ministers? 

(21-07-2023, 11:21 AM)Bigiron Wrote:  “Do we really need 93 seats in parliament for a country of this size?”: Singaporeans react to number of empty MP seats following political scandals

No need lah! Big Grin

I can't afford this government lor. It gives impression they are so free until can do all  kind of nonsense. Cut to at least half please

I am just a tiny plankton in the ocean.
[+] 2 users Like Rainforest's post

I guess you can eliminate lots of them if each MP cover a much larger area. But that means the weekly (not really weekly for MPs as they may do multiple sessions per week at different locations of his/her constituency) meet-the-people sessions have to cease.  I have never been to one. But quite a few neighbours do. Some get the outcome they wanted, some don't.

job creation.

And even 1 or 2 committed adultery there are still a big number to safe guard the dynasty.

The question is why do we need so many part time jobs (MPs) in the first place.

Combined 3 into 1 and mandate it to be full time, with x3 the salary.. I am sure will attract ppl to the job (if I remember x 3 will be almost $50k per month).

1. I have served the nation in a combat unit for 2.5 + 10 years. I had fulfilled my duty as a citizen, but has the country do it's part for me?
2. I don't know where the threat of CCP is, but I know the threat of CECA is already at my doorsteps
3. I had been called a CCP, JHK, Pinoy, but they never called me a CECA..

By having no byelection, is telling 87 is enough.
If so places should transfer to NCMP, so representation in the parliament
to closer to actual votes.

Then more is too ensure pap forever.

(21-07-2023, 05:53 PM)singaporean1964 Wrote:  actually
u only need 1 for each area
1 for amk
1 for yishun etc
then the mp can employ as many clearks, helpers to attend to the pple problems /queries
and feedback to mp

They only serve you meh?

Should remove 50% of them some only visited the estate once why need them?

Have time for third relationships but no time for the residents
[+] 1 user Likes Cmpunk's post

we need more cheng li hui in parliament to keep Pay and Pay busy
[+] 1 user Likes Klesk's post

You dont know most of them are part timers. Rotfl
Easy, just change to full time MP. Manpower at least can cut by half.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(21-07-2023, 12:45 PM)Huliwang Wrote:  So if we can reduced to 20 parliamentary seats, oppositions like WP can form the government and Pritam becomes the PM?   Big Grin
Singh should immediately be Minister Memtor. He can mentor political newbies how to get voters to vote blindly for more RKs.  Big Grin

(22-07-2023, 02:04 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  You dont know most of them are part timers. Rotfl
Easy, just change to full time MP. Manpower at least can cut by half.

So meet the peepur is twice a week. One day meet those in one SMC and another day meet those in another SMC.

Other days can alternate walkabouts visiting different markets and blocks.

MP allowance double to $32000 a month?  Rolleyes