Public Debt above 200% of GDP, Is Japan Economy in Ponzi Territory now yet?

Public Debt above 200% of GDP, Is Japan Economy in Ponzi Territory now yet? 

Japan Economy has how many zombie / Ponzi companies for a country with public debt at 200% GDP?

When do u think the debt bubble will burst, just like US property prices of 2008, Ponzi values, nobody wants to buy the asset cos all values were obviously hyper inflated once the ruse was revealed.

Japan bank (BOJ)  governor already warns of very low funds/ negative current account budget for over 10 years.

So next major disaster could be a tipping point for Japanese finances. The Japanese people will stoically accept high inflation along with retrenchments as well. The most elderly people bravely starve themselves to death, to save gahmen expenditure and so that their pension companies don't go bankrupt, so the younger elderly can enjoy at least a few retirement years, before they too must harikiri/ self sacrifice/ suicide after just a few years of retirement?

What do u think will be the social/ economic outcome?

Government hospitals stop treatment of elderly above a certain age level if there is a shortage of government funds? What will be the outcome?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/01/23/japans-f...ields.html
[+] 1 user Likes Bic_cherry's post

mai chio, SG too

https://farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/wp-con...0_fig2.jpg

I first heard of this high Japanese debt to GDP problem 15yrs ago and people saying it is worse than Greece in European crisis

Until now I am waiting for the "Japanese debt crisis" to happen. Not sure if it will happen before or after global warming disrupt our food supply and kill a few billion people.

Besides Japan we also have the US debt bomb and China debt bomb....Europe debt bomb is still there and growing in size since 201fn2 Euro  crisis.

.Rightfully the surge in interest rate would detonate these debt bombs. Even Singapore govt has to incur high payments for its debt in the form of treasuries and SSB. What gives?

European central bankers demonstrate it is possible to kick the can down the road so long as debt is in your own currency during European debt crisis . Asian countries were not so lucky owing USD during financial crisis.

Japanese public debt is owed mostly to Japanese households or corporations denominated in Yen. The JGBs  are ever popular something like our Singapore  T bills these days.

The secret of Japanese debt is it disappears when creditors die. Japanese are big savers and died with a million or 2 unspent..and many have no children    
[Image: LVFPtfG.jpg]

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

kind of complicated with the yen-carry trades of 1985 saga
we wish not to engage given what those at WEF are aiming at
[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-24-at-06-44-56-House-...agency.png]
Yellen is hard at work with her new tax codes

[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-24-at-06-51-35-House-...agency.png]

in a way both China and Japan in similar situation
exporting DEFLATION to the rest of the world given China is now open.
Singapore might be in similar situation. we have to see her export prices.

[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-24-at-07-04-56-Spot-Gold.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-24-at-07-04-07-US-Dol...ge-and.png]

[Image: canvas.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2023-01-24-at-07-11-11-DXY-U-...-Watch.png]
a need for US corporation Dola rather than real need

Once Jap main economic pillar, car industry takes over by China. They will be in big trouble.  Rotfl

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

日本科技不行了!大飞机失败,电动车失算,产业危机重重

https://www.mof.gov.sg/docs/default-sour...n-debt.pdf

(13-02-2023, 08:25 PM)teaserteam Wrote:  http

又来洗地了?

真勤劳!  Thumbsup Rotfl