I stumbled upon a very good APPLIANCE SALE by accident..

(04-03-2023, 02:52 PM)drgn Wrote:  for oven / airfryer, you have to use it often.  if you don't need to use it, turn it on at least once a month on high heat.

this applied to expensive brands too.

I think you are right, must turn on once a month on high heat to keep the oven working............... Clapping

(04-03-2023, 03:15 PM)debono Wrote:  I think you are right, must turn on once a month on high heat to keep the oven working............... Clapping

The same applies to car correct? Remember COVID a lot WFH then later open liao some car owners cannot start their car?
[+] 1 user Likes sgh's post

(04-03-2023, 03:16 PM)sgh Wrote:  The same applies to car correct? Remember COVID a lot WFH then later open liao some car owners cannot start their car?

The car batteries needs to be charge periodically else the starter motor cannot work.  For long periods of unused of the car, it is best to remove the positive(+) cable of the battery, to lengthen the life of the battery................... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes debono's post

(04-03-2023, 11:38 AM)sgh Wrote:  For standing fan I buy so many brands over the years and those cheap one can last 2-3 years only. Finally pay more get kdk or mitsubishi and really can last long. I count the years it work no spoil will cover back if I go for cheaper brand.

My experience, kdk last longer than mitsubishi.
[+] 2 users Like watchfirst9's post

(04-03-2023, 12:08 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote:  i ever bought one small cheap fan from donno where...i think should be Carrefour or some DIY shop. it's for my dog  Big Grin

Nice Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin

(04-03-2023, 08:03 AM)p1acebo Wrote:  My mistral fan one of the blades broke in less than 6 months.  $52 cheap but no good.  Sold at Courts.  Knnbccb

6 months still can claim warranty

(04-03-2023, 08:09 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  It is not possible for a fan blade to just break unless there is some external  physical force on it. If it is just rotating, it lasts almost forever...because the forces exerted is so small. 

Anyway 2yrs warranty any problem they will fix.

if more than 2 years, just go mr DIY to buy replacement, less than $3

(05-03-2023, 11:29 AM)drgn Wrote:  6 months still can claim warranty

It will be good if you were to buy KDK, who specialize in electric fans.................... Big Grin

(05-03-2023, 11:33 AM)debono Wrote:  It will be good if you were to but KDK, who specialize in electric fans.................... Big Grin

I think kdk fans are good.

But a fan is not a technological wonder.....
It's a simple appliance that many companies can  can make.

Main issues are no longer motor problems are these are mass produced to a level of near perfection. Usually it is just discrete components like capacitor or fuse.

You can get a cheap fan. Turn it on everyday while on warranty to weed out the weak components. If there is it usually happen during this period.

After that the fan will last for very very long. 

There are 2 types of fans:

1. Sleeve motor 
2. Ball bearing motor.

The sleeve motor wears off faster you can use around 5yrs then the parts wear off and you have noise.

The ball bearing fan lasts upwards of 10yrs as ball bearings reduce the wear and tear. Some of the companies offer 6yrs warranty for ball bearing fans. If you want a fan that lasts 10yrs buy this type of fan. Cost is $100+

A cheap fan $20 is good enough and does last....giving value for money.

Those who insist on buying branded ones like KDK and Panasonic...by all means you can pay more for assurance. I just think it is unnecessary.

I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Mayer air fryer quality cannot make it.
Better buy Phillips air fryer. Rotfl

You are eating those food in the air fryer.
The wire mesh on the blower fan inside the air fryer may rust easily and quite dirty if you never clean up.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

(05-03-2023, 11:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think kdk fans are good.

Main issues are no longer motor problems are these are mass produced to a level of near perfection. Usually it is just discrete components like capacitor or fuse.

You can get a cheap fan. Turn it on everyday while on warranty to weed out the weak components. If there is it usually happen during this period.

1. Sheath motor 
2. Ball bearing motor.

The sheath motor wears off faster you can use around 5yrs then the parts wear off and you have noise.

The ball bearing fan lasts upwards of 10yrs as ball bearings reduce the wear and tear. Some of the companies offer 6yrs warranty for ball bearing fans. If you want a fan that lasts 10yrs buy this type of fan. Cost is $100+

Those who insist on buying branded ones like KDK and Panasonic...by all means you can pay more for assurance. I just think it is unnecessary.

You are lucky, never encounter white smoke out coming from the fan while you are sleeping. Branded fan, why expensive is mainly due to quality material used.
The durability is guaranteed.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

https://kitchensnitches.com/what-to-do-i...s-rusting/

(05-03-2023, 11:51 AM)sgbuffett Wrote:  I think kdk fans are good.

1. Sheath motor 
2. Ball bearing motor.

The sheath motor wears off faster you can use around 5yrs then the parts wear off and you have noise.

mistral fan has 8 year warranty on motor, which includes the plain bearing.
[+] 1 user Likes drgn's post

(05-03-2023, 11:53 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote:  Mayer air fryer quality cannot make it.
Better buy Phillips air fryer. Rotfl

You are eating those food in the air fryer.
The wire mesh on the blower fan inside the air fryer may rust easily and quite dirty if you never clean up.

They should use marine grade stainless steel for the wire mesh.......so that it won't rust............. Big Grin

Nice titties Big Grin

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine Big Grin